[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

How does Animate Guardian fair on Shaper? Don't wanna lose my ele weakness gloves on him which were 30 chaos haha
Would this work with a shavs at all? I'm super interested in playing the build, just hate hybrid.
Hello
I'm trying to get my gloves in the right colors order.
I have spend 200c on Chromes but still no joy.
I only get green-green-blue-red.
Can't get red-blue-green-green.
Used Vorici bench green-green then I get my seq.
Also tried red-blue also not working.
I'm lost I mean 200c worth of Chromes.
"
jgundlach wrote:
Hello

In this case it might be better to use jeweller crafting with vorici, you get you 2 or 3 sockets an the right colors and craft from 3 to 4 sockets with vorici. The colors of the first 3 sockets don't change and the only rerolled socket is the one you craft anew.
Here's the first guide to it google showed me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrqcD8dYoSE
"
I'm a newbie currently doing this build.
I don't think that I can afford that jewell to have a +1 Golem lol.

Right now I'm lvl 47 with 2 Flame Golems up, will be an issue to not have the 3th Golem when I farm T14~ maps?

I like this build so far, but looks kinda expensive for an humble rookie like me, should I continue with it? or switch to another budget-friendly build? If so, which one?

Thank you in advance guys.

Hello :)

If you are really tight on budget, you can use my leveling guide which uses Zombies and Specters to do content. The gear for them costs literally few dozen chaos and they can take you up to tier T14-T15.

Summoners has very low need to upgrade items while leveling, so you can do it much less than melee char who has to tank damage. Just do major upgrades between 10-15 levels. Just stay out of harms way and let minions tank for you while leveling.

Endgame gear really costs a lot, but players usually end buying them part by part so costs are spread across longer time.

"
Apologies, let me be clearer regarding solar guards.

With the trick to get higher level Spectres, you can grab them from the following maps, according to the Necromonicon sheet that has been compiled (google it):
Channel, Academy, Racecourse, Wharf, Promenade, Courtyard, Port, Plaza,, Shrine, Overgrown Ruin, Minotuar, Hydra, and Shaper, incl any shaped versions of these.

Through levelling my 70's I used Plaza, giving me lvl 80 Solar guards, which destroyed everything.

Hey and thanks for clarification :)

I was also wondering what gem links do you use on them?

"
Current gear, same tree and nowhere near 7-8k ES -

Not sure what else to do

"
Get ES on rings. Get a Crystal Belt. Crystal belt is worth some 500 ES. Huge.
I'm about 7400 ehp with Bisco's. 9k with Chayula. My Crystal belt has a low-ish (Scintillating) roll and my rings are less than ideal.
Pursue minion movement speed crafted rings.

"
Well yeah, EHP I have 2.8k life and 4670ES, so yeah EHP wise I'm dandy, but still, that ES goes down then what.

"
chaos resistance helps tremendously, you can basically stand in poison clouds, pop Rumi's if you feel in danger. Otherwise...ya. A big hit will probably one shot you (exa: Gorge boss). Don't get hit? :P

Hey :)

Yep, crystal belt is best belt you can use.
You also want as much ES and life as possible on both rings as you can. IF you are still leveling you can drop minion speed and get it as upgrade later.
Chayula finally seals the deal and raises you above 8,5k EHP (life+ES).

Chaos resistance is almost capped if you use my tree and gear (I have +69%). Life buffer is enough to take any hit from endgame chaos enemies so far I have ever encountered. Only real danger comes from physical damage (Shaper smash, Minotaur burrow, Gorge stomp). If you can kite them, you don't have much other stull to worry about.

"
Thanks for the tree update Mika. I see nothing odd or questionable. Looks solid!

Hi and thanks ^^

"Timmeh519" helped me a lot during hes stream and thanks to him everything was done in one day without problems :)

"
Hey guys. I was playing around a bit, and got a pretty solid Shaper kill today on stream, if you'd like to check it out.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174798175

The bubbles were fun. Definitely don't recommend adding SRS; was just playing around.

-Wonderful

Hey and big thanks for you help yesterday! ^^

Build update went much smoother with your help. All this while while you were leveling :P

GZ on very nice Shapers kill!
It anyone needs help with Shaper tactics, Timmeh519 is extremely good at kiting Shapers attacks so I recommend watching the stream or recordings.

"
Hi there, I am lvl 97 in Harbinger league with over 10k EHP. It is absolutely possible. Can't say it is easy, but defo possible :)

My current gear, I have a legacy Mantle, thats why I don't use Sotl:

I have +1 Strides in Stash, but I dont have Vorici lvl 8 yet lol

My jewels:

Hey!

You have some sweet gear for endgame. Gz on getting the helmet enhancement :)

"
How does Animate Guardian fair on Shaper? Don't wanna lose my ele weakness gloves on him which were 30 chaos haha

Hello!

If Animate Guardian is has enough level (23-26) and you are using "Kaltenhalt" shield to give minions double protection from Shapers damage it should have no problems. I link mine with :

Ag -> Minion life -> Empower -> Fortify

to really boosts its survival during shaper fight.

"
Would this work with a shavs at all? I'm super interested in playing the build, just hate hybrid.

Hi!

Build has so much chaos resistance and life as buffer that literally nothing can kill you suddenly in endgame with chaos damage. Shav's works also well, but you will be missing tons of minion damage and ES. With high ES uniques and rares that build uses, Skin actually gives more ES than just shavs or Infernal Mantle.

You can start with Shavs and test skin later if you feel safe ;)

"
Hello

"
In this case it might be better to use jeweller crafting with vorici, you get you 2 or 3 sockets an the right colors and craft from 3 to 4 sockets with vorici. The colors of the first 3 sockets don't change and the only rerolled socket is the one you craft anew.
Here's the first guide to it google showed me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrqcD8dYoSE

Hey :)

wow, feels bad...

I made crafting part of the guide yesterday where I have tutorial at how to use the mentioned Vorici bench method.

There are 2x working color combinations.

1) Bottom-left is green
2) Bottom-right is green, but then bottom-left must be red

2. works as CWDT is not active gem, so it can be placed after Phase Run.

You can also use the links in any color if you start running out of currency, but it wont work reliably every time. It still works most of the time.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Someone tried to use Arc instead of Ball Lightning?
Does it work?
"
Holydr4gon wrote:
Does it work?

That's my default - Spell totem - Arc - Culling strike.

Make sure it's leveled.

-Wonderful
Twitch.tv/Wonderful247
Last edited by Timmeh519 on Sep 15, 2017, 7:13:23 AM
"
Holydr4gon wrote:
Does it work?

Definitely works. Using it with Culling Strike (as Timmeh519 does) seems to be the best choice of support gem. That, with the chance to Shock, increases effective DPS quite a bit. I've also used Arctic Breath (for chilled ground) for even more Slow, but that's a bit of an overkill.

The downside is that these gems scale with level (Arc = more Chains, Arctic Breath = longer duration), so you might have mana issues if you decide to run an extra Aura or use Infernal Mantle.

Spoiler
Ball Lightning (lv 1) with GMP setup costs about 46 mana.
Arc (lv 20) with Culling Strike setup costs about 57 mana.
Arctic Breath (lv 20) with GMP setup costs about 69 mana.

That said, I only had issues below lv 80. This downside becomes negligible above 85, as you can easily get % Reduced Mana Reserved or % Increased Maximum Mana from the tree (on the way to Jewel sockets) no problem.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Sep 15, 2017, 7:16:59 AM
Hiya Mika!

"
Elemental focus adds bit more damage, but prevents ignites. Ignite doenst do huge damage on bosses, but lets trash mobs die to dot. Sometimes Golems don't finish the enemies and leave them to 1/4 of life. If enemy is not ignited Golems have to shoot it later again, which seriously hurts clear speed.

Fire pene gives flat damage curve and you don't have to spam totem for Elemental Equilibrium on every rare enemy. Controlled Destruction gives more DPS and works better if you actively spam totem. Fire Pene is for lazy clearing and Boss killing, Controlled Destruction with clear speed and better overall damage.

I know you're doing a great job replying to people with golem questions, etc. but I just wanted to clarify for anyone else reading...

Ele focus is ALWAYS gonna be a better choice here than the pen. Golems have an almost non-existent chance to crit/ignite. Additionally, with spell echo only the 2nd hit could even stand that chance. A 10% more multiplier is going to kill way more things in one shot than any scenario with fire pen. The damage curve is just a more multiplier, whereas Ele focus is a higher multiplier at all levels.

I read that you're rebuilding the tree around skin of the loyal over infernal. Thank you! As you pointed out before, the leadership node is too powerful to pass with it's boost to the temp chains radius. However without infernal, influence and Sovereignty can be ditched (they provide almost no value, besides keeping our reserved mana to infernal-comfortable levels). That's a whopping 7 free points to spend! (You'll have to work out the best life/ES nodes to use em).

Aside from all that, infernal is still a terrible choice. Outside of ES, it has 4 good traits, and one detrimental one. And of those 4 traits, only ONE does anything for us! (+1 fire gems)

Just a couple things to adjust, but I feel these are pretty key points.

Thanks a ton for all the replies and effort! If everyone put this kind of detail and care into their guides, we'd see a lot more POE players on the right path.
Hey, does someone noticed that golem life was shown incorrect? Yesterday, i swear, my lvl 23 Golems had only 11,5k life. Minion Life gem did nothing to them and i complained about my weak golems. Today, they have over 23k life...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info