| 3.0 | Electro Cyclone | T17 DOWN |

Hey thanks for guide, having a great time with the build. What do you think of Lightning Pen as the 6th link instead of Ele Focus/Ruthless? Has less dps numbers than ruthless and ele focus, but can still shock and does more reliant damage than Ruthless imo. Also any thoughts on running Pen vinktar along side ToH + Wise oak so it's easier to keep wise oak favoring lightning res, or would it be better to just swap out ToH for Wise Oak?
Last edited by BDowning on Sep 20, 2017, 3:53:13 AM
"
BDowning wrote:
Hey thanks for guide, having a great time with the build. What do you think of Lightning Pen as the 6th link instead of Ele Focus/Ruthless? Has less dps numbers than ruthless and ele focus, but can still shock and does more reliant damage than Ruthless imo. Also any thoughts on running Pen vinktar along side ToH + Wise oak so it's easier to keep wise oak favoring lightning res, or would it be better to just swap out ToH for Wise Oak?

I've tried lightning pen in the previous league. Back then, I've used pure lightning cyclone, but now we are using HoA and Hatred which is a big chunk of our damage, so we want to increase all elements at once rather than just lightning. Elemental focus doing a great job here. Ruthless is a good option if you struggle to color the mace. Also, Lightning pen has higher mana multiplier, which isn't great...

Vinktar is fine, just think which flasks are preferred by you. You need anti-bleed, antifreeze, and anti-shock, so you have left only 2 spots for vinktar and something else.
NANI
Question for you gepmah. What is the purpose for the CWDT bladefall? I chose to leave it off of my build since I was not sure what exact benefit it gave and I wanted to use blood + vaal haste + fire golem + curse.

If the CWDT bladefall is a large boost to something like survivability, I need to know :)

Tried the shaper last night on a 5link rattler + kaom chest. Did not go well. Ended up having to ask for a carry in 820 to ensure the run did not go to waste.

Ultimately I like the build for map farming, but for uber lab / boss farming, it falls hard (this could be because I play with lag 90% of the time so dodging boss abilities / traps is very hard for me).

Additional: Have you tried Damage on Full Life support for 6th link? 45% more mod for all of your cyclone damage.
Last edited by Stull on Sep 20, 2017, 1:11:15 PM
"
Stull wrote:
Question for you gepmah. What is the purpose for the CWDT bladefall? I chose to leave it off of my build since I was not sure what exact benefit it gave and I wanted to use blood + vaal haste + fire golem + curse.

If the CWDT bladefall is a large boost to something like survivability, I need to know :)

Tried the shaper last night on a 5link rattler + kaom chest. Did not go well. Ended up having to ask for a carry in 820 to ensure the run did not go to waste.

Ultimately I like the build for map farming, but for uber lab / boss farming, it falls hard (this could be because I play with lag 90% of the time so dodging boss abilities / traps is very hard for me).

Additional: Have you tried Damage on Full Life support for 6th link? 45% more mod for all of your cyclone damage.

Yup, you guessed right - Bladefall is for surviving ranged monsters, like if you ever entered room with vaal constructs.... then you know that next second 30+ projectiles will hit you in the face :D this will proc Bladefall+Cloaked in savagery, which will heal you up to the maximum.

Damage on full life is bad for Vaal pact builds, unfortunately.
NANI
Thanks for the reply. The CWDT bladefall makes a lot more sense now (and I know what you mean, constructs are panicky as you try to get to them in time to not die without bladefall). I will swap it in this afternoon and check out the change.

Any particular reason you find Damage on full life bad? I find a large majority of the time I am insta-leeching back to full life due to the obvious bouncy nature of berzerker. I am not sure if these instant back and forth bounces actually count for "full life" however (I dont know game mechanics that well yet). Is there some sort of cooldown on the full life damage turning on and off?
"
Stull wrote:
Thanks for the reply. The CWDT bladefall makes a lot more sense now (and I know what you mean, constructs are panicky as you try to get to them in time to not die without bladefall). I will swap it in this afternoon and check out the change.

Any particular reason you find Damage on full life bad? I find a large majority of the time I am insta-leeching back to full life due to the obvious bouncy nature of berzerker. I am not sure if these instant back and forth bounces actually count for "full life" however (I dont know game mechanics that well yet). Is there some sort of cooldown on the full life damage turning on and off?

It's just bad because of vaal pact, due to no regen. Ruthless is more consistent than this :D
NANI
Thanks for the build, killed shaper for the first time! even without any crazy jewellery. Did chimera with only a 5 link. This build is a crazy boss killer, sadly every VP build struggles in uber lab traps.

Instead of swapping increase aoe/conc effect am just running ele focus and ruthless, Got 8.2khp even without kaom's heart.
Hey I've got some questions,

I have reskilled to this build today and the damage is good so far could be better but I don't have all the best gear right now.

My only problem is I get 1 shotted sometime from bosses, how is that possible?
I have 136% fire resistance and 141% cold/light res.

My hp is only at 5.9k and I don't have Kaom's and the amulet, don't have that much currency right now.

This is my character:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/warcry16/characters?characterName=ZULULWARRIOR

Can someone help me out please and point out what I am doing wrong or could do better?
"
warcry16 wrote:

I have reskilled to this build today and the damage is good so far could be better but I don't have all the best gear right now.

My hp is only at 5.9k and I don't have Kaom's and the amulet, don't have that much currency right now.

This is my character:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/warcry16/characters?characterName=ZULULWARRIOR

Can someone help me out please and point out what I am doing wrong or could do better?

Getting one shot by boss mechanics is a sign that your EHP (effective hit points) is just to low or that the boss design wants to force you to move. Many boss mechanics are MADE to be "1 shot" mechanics by having obscene requirements to meet (I still get one shot at 8500 hp by some mechanics).

Get more HP, get more armor (if it is a physical hit killing you), get fortify, flask effects, and other things for those large hits.

Add in: Your resists are very high at the cost of more life. Max resist caps at 75% without any +max resist. If the map / mobs give you elemental weakness AND the specific element curse (like flammability) then your resists help, but those are specific conditions. You can use those +resist to instead boost +life.
Last edited by Stull on Sep 21, 2017, 11:57:05 AM
"
Stull wrote:
"
warcry16 wrote:

This is my character:

Getting one shot by boss mechanics is a sign that your EHP (effective hit points) is just to low or that the boss design wants to force you to move. Many boss mechanics are MADE to be "1 shot" mechanics by having obscene requirements to meet (I still get one shot at 8500 hp by some mechanics).

Get more HP, get more armor (if it is a physical hit killing you), get fortify, flask effects, and other things for those large hits.

Add in: Your resists are very high at the cost of more life. Max resist caps at 75% without any +max resist. If the map / mobs give you elemental weakness AND the specific element curse (like flammability) then your resists help, but those are specific conditions. You can use those +resist to instead boost +life.

The guide said to use 136% on all resistance that was what I was aiming for, I've rerolled to this build from 1 handed sunder build and I gotta say, I was way tankier with the sunder build and didn't die that often ( could be because it was semi range too ). Is there any Noob friendly range build which is strong and doesn't cost that much? I've started the game 2 weeks ago , the sunder build was ok but wasn't strong against bosses. I think I might reroll the character again since kaom and the amulet is too costy for me.

edit: changed to sunder again this time axe and sword and just cleared a 15 rare map I think I will keep playing sunder for now.
Last edited by warcry16 on Sep 21, 2017, 6:59:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info