| 3.0 | Electro Cyclone | T17 DOWN |

"
jinhaoxuan wrote:
hey guys, i got a question to all the experienced player here.
Right now i have a slayer cycloner build with disfavour axe as the dream weapon, i have played it over 2 days and it feels like it has a good trash clear but not a good boss killer. sometimes i got one-shotted (level 77 atm) what i wanted to ask is how did my build compare to this electro cycloner? like what is the pros&cons etc thanks xD

Hey, your description fits this build too I think. It is very fun for clearing, but as a boss killer it is at most mediocre. The single target is not really there as long as the boss does not "savage hit" me to proc the damage boost. And even then, it really takes a long time to kill T15 bosses. Guardians are a huge pain too, not because they will kill you very often, but because it takes FOREVER...

I am only level 81 right now, but I have almost reached my "damage cap". The only things that can boost my damage are two more jewel sockets and a better ring. And of course Ele Weakness gloves. They are 300c+ for a good pair but they could actually make a big difference for the boss killing now that I think about it.

That being said, I really enjoy this build, you can easily farm tier 15 maps (without bosses if you want to keep your exp and loot/hour high) but noone should expect a top-tier build when they start it. In my opinion top-tier is a fast map clearer AND a good boss killer at the same time. Cyclone does not seem to fit that description.

I might continue playing this character as a fun and fast map farmer and start another one as an Uber-Atziri/Uber-Lab/Guardians/Shaper farmer. Maybe AW Totems or a poison build.
Last edited by Mecielle on Aug 28, 2017, 6:57:26 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:

I am only level 81 right now, but I have almost reached my "damage cap". The only things that can boost my damage are two more jewel sockets and a better ring. And of course Ele Weakness gloves. They are 300c+ for a good pair but they could actually make a big difference for the boss killing now that I think about it.

You are far from dmg cap, i have 2 times your dps on 6L and 80k more on my 5L i use to farm maps. That's dps calculated in PoB. Problem is you have farm map setup, WED rings/ amu will boost your dmg big time. Ele weakness gloves are for filthy rich people pretty much, cwdt ->ele weakness is just as good.

As for slayer vs berserker, berserker is better boss killer, but more squishy. I like slayer more for farming maps and uber lab.
Hi,
Been trying this build out recently (painfully used a ton of regrets for it) and it's great so far, loving it!

I just wanna ask if there's a reason to getting Kaom's Heart aside from the HP; what I'm literally asking is if there's a meaning to getting a high roll in the "Fire Damage" department

thanks so much for answers!
"
zjazd wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

You are far from dmg cap, i have 2 times your dps on 6L and 80k more on my 5L i use to farm maps. That's dps calculated in PoB. Problem is you have farm map setup, WED rings/ amu will boost your dmg big time. Ele weakness gloves are for filthy rich people pretty much, cwdt ->ele weakness is just as good.

As for slayer vs berserker, berserker is better boss killer, but more squishy. I like slayer more for farming maps and uber lab.

Farm map setup? :D

I obviously change to conc. effect and a phys. dmg and WED amulet for bosses. With that I am at your DPS. Also I forgot to mention Ele.Focus instead of Ruthless as my 6th link. Getting the colours on my mace would also increase my damage by another ~25%.

All this doesn't change my point that this is far from an efficient boss killer which was the point of my reply to his question.
Last edited by Mecielle on Aug 28, 2017, 8:01:31 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
zjazd wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Farm map setup? :D

I obviously change to conc. effect and a phys. dmg and WED amulet for bosses. With that I am at your DPS. Also I forgot to mention Ele.Focus instead of Ruthless as my 6th link. Getting the colours on my mace would also increase my damage by another ~25%.

All this doesn't change my point that this is far from an efficient boss killer which was the point of my reply to his question.

Bro, I'm playing with 5l Rattler and can efficiently farm t15 maps including bosses. It takes under 30 sec to kill them, even with inc life mode.

You should check "zjazd" shaper video, he's nailing shaper pretty fast. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpUkvkR5og
NANI
"
hobbieman wrote:
Hi,
Been trying this build out recently (painfully used a ton of regrets for it) and it's great so far, loving it!

I just wanna ask if there's a reason to getting Kaom's Heart aside from the HP; what I'm literally asking is if there's a meaning to getting a high roll in the "Fire Damage" department

thanks so much for answers!

Kaom gives a bit of damage, but not too much to invest in 40% fire damage. 99% is for life)
NANI
Last edited by gepmah on Aug 28, 2017, 8:21:15 AM
Hi guys,

do you have any suggestion which ascendancy would be better for Ulab farming? I just can't stand this build in Ulab. it just doesn't feel good with VP... I kill Izaro in few secs, but to get there, it takes 20 min... (collecting all the keys...). I must watch out for traps and so on, which is not the play style i want for ulab farming...

I want to stick with this build, cuz of 6l Rattler, but how can i make it better for ulab?
"
memberx wrote:
Hi guys,

do you have any suggestion which ascendancy would be better for Ulab farming? I just can't stand this build in Ulab. it just doesn't feel good with VP... I kill Izaro in few secs, but to get there, it takes 20 min... (collecting all the keys...). I must watch out for traps and so on, which is not the play style i want for ulab farming...

I want to stick with this build, cuz of 6l Rattler, but how can i make it better for ulab?

Dude, this build is not a uber lab farmer. You can grab Jugg and change your tree accordingly, without VP and built in leech.
NANI
Finally got around to making this build in HC and had an absolute blast with it. Ripped at 87 due to a ridiculously stupid mistake but will be rerolling. Just bought my daresso's salute too. :(

Anyway, it's definitely HC viable and uberlab is fine, just respec vaal pact.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Bought some nice gloves and amu. Next level will respec into additional jewel socket. Last thing i need is good ele pen boots and i will be done with upgrades. Eventually will buy 6L mace but only already colored which prolly wont happen soon. Next level = uber atziri try, damage is definitely there, only problem is my manual skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info