Donald Trump and US politics

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't triggered by no one replying to my healthcare-related posts a few pages back. Are we really disinterested in issues and so easily distracted by trolls?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 25, 2017, 12:18:44 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't triggered by no one replying to my healthcare-related posts a few pages back. Are we really disinterested in issues and so easily distracted by trolls?

The latter.

Honestly, forum-posting on an iPad becomes painful with posts any longer than this one (precludes nuanced discussion). Formatting, multi-quoting, and revision are all like trying to run a marathon with a wrist tied to an ankle—it’s possible, but try not to have any plans for the rest of the day.

Otherwise, I don’t disagree with anything you said, either because I agree or haven’t formed an opinion yet. There were some gems I’d like to quote to +1, but fuck that ;)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The latter.

Honestly, forum-posting on an iPad becomes painful with posts any longer than this one (precludes nuanced discussion). Formatting, multi-quoting, and revision are all like trying to run a marathon with a wrist tied to an ankle—it’s possible, but try not to have any plans for the rest of the day.

Otherwise, I don’t disagree with anything you said, either because I agree or haven’t formed an opinion yet. There were some gems I’d like to quote to +1, but fuck that ;)
I'm doing all this on a small Android phone. Git gud noob
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 25, 2017, 2:28:54 PM
I mean, I exaggerated, obviously, but it does take extra work. I’m lazy, and time is a commodity.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Obama added TONS of tax to tobacco, even the roll your own variety that nearly no one smokes. Plus the states and cities have been adding the so called "sin" taxes to tobacco and booze and God only knows what all for years. Shit, I remember when a pack of cigs was actually cheaper in NY. But that was before wonder prick Bloomberg.

Cars? Depends on which one. How much is your avg car? I have no clue. Internet here is cheaper than there I think. Mine is about $50.
Censored.
how big is a pack?
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Oct 25, 2017, 7:45:26 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
a buy-in medicaid-for-all (essentially, what we call medicare here) option being talked about:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/22/16171160/schatz-health-care-medicaid

It's a start. Anything to get basic healthcare out of the clutches of private insurance companies is a *start*.
No, it isn't. Once again it doesn't cover the pricing problem at all, and attends only to the funding problem.

The problem is emphatically not "why doesn't every person have health insurance?" The problem is "why does healthcare cost so much that everyone needs insurance?" If you solve the former without solving the latter, it means taxpayers have "solved" the problem of price gouging not by negotiating reasonable prices, but by convincing some rich sucker to pay it... and that sucker is the taxpayers, aka themselves. Do you think Big Pharma is opposed to any of these guaranteed windfalls?

Any funding-based rather than pricing-based solution is at best a bubble waiting to burst. Just scan quickly, see if it mentions pricing or negotiating or anything of the sort, if it doesn't it's garbage. And Obamacare needs to be removed before we can build.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 25, 2017, 8:25:05 PM
that's quite crazy, here's a pack of cigarettes is around 12$ for 25 and about 30$ for a 24 of beer bottles (341 ml)
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
As the entire narrative of the swamp dwellers is falling apart, 2018 might become an unpresidented massacre. Getting that supermajority and primarying many RINOs and NeverTrumpers... I think it's possible. May the Macedonian Facebook trolls be with us.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
By "swamp dwellers", you mean Trump & Co., correct?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info