Donald Trump and US politics

[Removed by Support]

The current liberal movement isn't what's liberalism was about. It shouldn't even be called Liberal anymore. I used to be a liberal (and I still consider myself a liberal) but when I see what they are doing today I stopped voting for them and started voting for conservatives. And I know I'm not alone in that situation. Conservative are supposed to be the opposite of liberalism and I ended up voting for them, that's how far the current so called liberals are from the real liberalism.

Liberalism is about changing things, becoming a better nation, discovery, science. It's not about authoritanism and policing every words people say because you don't agree with them. On contrary the real liberalism is about conversation and long confrontation of ideas, not censoring everyone you disagree with.

As long as the current movement will remain rotten like that I will vote for conservative party.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Oct 14, 2017, 4:14:05 PM
[Removed by Support]
First, the word you're looking for is privileges. A right is inherently unconditional; if it has conditions to meet before it applies, it isn't a right.

Second, I think we should have a system of rights, not a system of privileges. Even citizenship or legal immigration status shouldn't be a prerequisite to key freedoms, because as much as it pains me to have an illegal immigrant get such benefits, we should never allow situations where the government can label citizens "illegal aliens" or "enemy combatants" or whatever to deny them freedom of speech, due process and/or trial by jury, without the victim having an opportunity to rebut the government's claim of their immigration status, etc. Innocent until proven guilty applies here.

So, yeah, sorry, but I have zero support for denying progressives rights. Rights should be intrinsic, to protect the public from their government, and not earned through good behavior. Take your Starship Troopers protofascism and kindly GTFO.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
[Removed by Support]
“Liberals” are not liberal. Let’s call them what they are—Marxists.

Liberalism is what it’s name suggests, an ideology that favors individual liberty. The left today are collectivist identitarian communists, the antithesis of liberty.
Also this. I'm a liberal, not a "progressive."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Oct 14, 2017, 6:47:09 PM
"
So, yeah, sorry, but I have zero support for denying progressives rights.

Thats was stricly my opinion and I dont require your support but thank you.

"
Also this.

Again thank you but he already said that and I agreed with him, you repeating it again serves literally no purpose unless you are a parot.
Psalms of Moribund
"
diablofdb wrote:
[Removed by Support]

The current liberal movement isn't what's liberalism was about. It shouldn't even be called Liberal anymore. I used to be a liberal (and I still consider myself a liberal) but when I see what they are doing today I stopped voting for them and started voting for conservatives. And I know I'm not alone in that situation. Conservative are supposed to be the opposite of liberalism and I ended up voting for them, that's how far the current so called liberals are from the real liberalism.

Liberalism is about changing things, becoming a better nation, discovery, science. It's not about authoritanism and policing every words people say because you don't agree with them. On contrary the real liberalism is about conversation and long confrontation of ideas, not censoring everyone you disagree with.

As long as the current movement will remain rotten like that I will vote for conservative party.

The core operating belief of conservativism is that we already possess liberty, which must be preserved against unnecessary change. Demonstrably, not everybody have always been free from oppression, and the conservative bent often gets in the way of itself; however, I’d argue that the conservative resistance to necessary change, is also necessary to safeguard against the DNC—a subversive populist organization hellbent on accumulating power by climbing over your bleeding heart.

That’s not to say the GOP are the “good guys,” or have different motives, but conservativism, IMO, represents a vehicle with greater a chance for arriving at / sustaining individual liberty.

Edit: Why was my previous post removed?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 14, 2017, 4:43:08 PM
Fucking mod censorship! How can we be expected to defeat fascists in civilized debate if we aren't even allowed to articulate their arguments to refute them? Let him speak and may the butthurt go elsewhere.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 14, 2017, 4:45:08 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Fucking mod censorship! How can we be expected to defeat fascists in civilized debate if we aren't even allowed to articulate their arguments to refute them? Let him speak and may the butthurt go elsewhere.

A sign of the times. I’d suggest organizing a free speech rally on these forums, but I wouldn’t want GGG to incur unnecessary security costs.

Really though, these are private forums and I support GGG’s imperative to display the public image that they desire.

Edit: But really, really though, for fucks sake what happened to my previous post?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 14, 2017, 4:54:01 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
A sign of the times. I’d suggest organizing a free speech rally on these forums, but I wouldn’t want GGG to incur unnecessary security costs.

Really though, these are private forums and I support GGG’s imperative to display the public image that they desire.
Oh, they're well within their rights, but it's just annoying. Like when you've got a really good PvP game going and then your opponent's GF calls him and makes him disappear.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Edit: But really, really though, for fucks sake what happened to my previous post?
Collateral damage.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 14, 2017, 4:56:49 PM
I don't see how you can argue that conservatism is the way to go for individual freedom. A progressive society is what we need. Now, you might have a different idea of progression than me so I'll explain my view.

Progress is the act of improving one self and the society in a way that will improve the lives of the citizens on the short, medium and long term. That said, sometimes, you need to have a short term sacrifice (in term of comfort, not lives), to have a better long term/having more people able to benefit.

A good example of this is the phasing out of the coal and oil power plants in favor of solar, nuclear or wind power plants. Phasing them out by force do hurt towns that depend(ed) on those for their own economy but refusing to remove them hurts the lives of everyone due to increased health hazards from smoke particles, pollution and decreased quality of air. There's also the contribution to global warming.

Conservatism would keep on the path of self destruction because it's unwilling to change its ways. Such a thing is contrary to our very nature! Humans survived, evolved and flourished because of our adaptation.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Top kek!

(pics of prototype walls)
Spoiler

I'm thinking those walls might be too tall, and that they might be better off with a pair of shorter walls with a pit in between filled with razor wire. Lots of razor wire on top of the walls as well. Make it impossible for someone to climb the walls without getting mangled by razor wire. Make the mother fuckers dig a deep and long tunnel. And the reason I say multiple walls + razor wire, is because that's exactly what they do at maximum security prisons. "The Wall" is an obstacle designed to kill you if you attempt to climb over it.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 14, 2017, 9:32:47 PM
Enjoy the prototypes. That's as far as that part of the anarchy party plan is going.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info