Donald Trump and US politics

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
However, I will concede that Trump focuses more on criticizing the alt-left than the alt-right, because ...
SNIP

Because the Alt-Left is always attacking him? Because the Alt-Left turns a blind eye to countless terror attacks, but suddenly pays attention to one of them? Whether it is Barcelona or Cambrils yesterday, Finland today (listen to the video yourself, don't take pundits word for what is said) or Charlottesville, the Alt-Left reacts completely differently based on who the attack looks bad for. The left is being painted with the same stereotypical brush that they used to paint the right.

Trump is playing be their own rules and they don't like it. They can blame Saul Alinsky if they want. They can blame the MSM for polarizing everyone to see anyone who disagrees in the slightest as an enemy. Or they can blame themselves for not engaging in dialogue rather than making assumptions.

The MSM will regret that Bannon has been let off of his leash.
I don't consider the MSM to be alt-left ("mainstream" and "alternative" are opposite, correct?). Leftwing media outlets with "contributor" systems sometimes platform the far left, or sometimes even hire them, but they tend to be extreme enough to be bad optics and quickly dropped. Not all of Black Lives Matter but the black supremacists within it; not all feminists but Anita Sarkeesian; Antifa thugs; etc. Very illiberal voices.

But I misspoke. Trump hasn't really focused onthe alt-left in the way that alt-media has. Instead, Trump has focused more on the mainstream Left and its epistemologically authoritarian power structures that 1) consistently portray his policies as far right when they're actually very centrist and 2) their lack of coverage on the alt-left. #2 is moderately hypocritical for reasons you snipped, but more pertinent because the alt-left is much stronger, more normalized and more threatening than the alt-right.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Most of the stuff on DailyStomer is said for pure shock value. I'm not saying they're not neonazis, they certainly are. But it's been the strategy of neonazis and KKK for awhile to be as offensive as possible, in hopes of getting media attention.

I seriously doubt that. If the media were to do a daily report on what kinds of things they say (assuming they are as bad as they were when I checked one of them a long time ago)- then the public would be renting bulldozers and razing their houses. Any place that employed them would be picketed out of business.

A vomit milkshake is more palatable than half of what they write, which is why I doubt they want any attention focused on them by the media. Close government scrutiny of the worst ones is something that has been done in the past, and something I hope they are still doing now to the extent it is allowed. I doubt it would be hard to get a judge to sign off on.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"Alt-left" is a fucking oxymoron and anyone here with half a brain knows it... if you're using it seriously, you're either alt-right or just a Trump-parrot.
It isn't an oxymoron. But if you prefer you could substitute in "Antifa, BLM, etc" whenever I use the term without losing much meaning.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 19, 2017, 3:41:32 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"Alt-left" is a fucking oxymoron and anyone here with half a brain knows it... if you're using it seriously, you're either alt-right or just a Trump-parrot.
It isn't an oxymoron. But if you prefer you could substitute in "Antifa, BLM, etc" whenever I use the term without losing much meaning.

I certainly wouldn't call those two groups as alt-left.

Far left for antifa (the actual anarchists) and BLM isn't a political stance. Its opposition to racism and profiling that blacks are victim of by the police force. It just happens that since they view Trump as racist (as do I), it splash into politics. If Hillary was the president and had racist views (or at least, that black people view her as having such views), the opposition would be the same.

You could, however, say that BLM are following ideologies that are more present in the left than the right. Just make the distinction between a political position and value representation.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I certainly wouldn't call those two groups as alt-left.

Far left for antifa (the actual anarchists) and BLM isn't a political stance. Its opposition to racism and profiling that blacks are victim of by the police force. It just happens that since they view Trump as racist (as do I), it splash into politics. If Hillary was the president and had racist views (or at least, that black people view her as having such views), the opposition would be the same.

You could, however, say that BLM are following ideologies that are more present in the left than the right. Just make the distinction between a political position and value representation.
https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Aug 19, 2017, 6:24:53 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

If I demand all your money, will you give it to me? All those demands doesn't do shit.
If you're white chances are BLM will think you're racist (at least "implicitly"). If you're racist you're not far away from being a nazi, right? Looks like someone deserves to get punched :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Aug 19, 2017, 6:46:42 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you're white chances are BLM will think you're racist (at least "implicitly"). If you're racist you're not far away from being a nazi, right? Looks like someone deserves to get punched :3

White people: Black People are out to get us.

Black People: White people are out to get us.

Why can't you people be friends?
"
faerwin wrote:
The main content? Perhaps; it is pretty extreme. The comment section? I doubt it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info