Donald Trump and US politics

The God Emperor is on fire this morning.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The dems are setting themselves up for a massive defeat in 2018. They should have worked with Trump while they had the chance, because after 2018, they're not going to have enough numbers to be in any position to negotiate, and Trump is gonna just steamroll them.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 22, 2017, 12:54:13 PM
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Trump should just ignore the media, no more press briefings, and stick to communicating via Twitter. Nothing states the president of the USA is obligated to give the media briefings, or answer questions.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 22, 2017, 1:09:43 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Trump should just ignore the media, no more press briefings, and stick to communicating via Twitter. Nothing states the president of the USA is obligated to give the media briefings, or answer questions.

Jake Tapper from CNN retweeted one of the above tweets. Maybe he's breaking through the conditioning? But he probably isn't...
Tremendous trolling tbh

Man... Donald Trump just can't stop winning!

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
diablofdb wrote:
or maybe his missteps weren't that much real and were just amplified by CNN... Name me one seriously BIG mistake he has made so far.

People who voted for him are actually pretty happy so far, he even grew up in popularity in general since the election.

a) he did not grow in popularity. In fact, his approval ratings started low and dropped even lower. last week, he boasted of an approval rating of roughly 50% in one poll, if i remember the podcast correctly, but that was one poll out of many that all had him well below his popularity at election. Of course, feel free to prove me wrong and produce links.

b) hm? really bad things? okay, how about these three:

- he (against advise of his own team) did NOT reaffirm that the USA would come to the help of other NATO-Members should they were attacked. Now, you might not realize this, but this is huge. There must be no doubt that a defense treaty is to be honoured in case of an emergency, lest you invite attacks. why, google Chamberlain and appeasement and world war 2, to get a feeling for the dimensions.

You might say that this is a tactical move to get the other NATO Partners to invest more into their own security. However, with Russia flexing its muscles in the Ukraine and Syria, destructing the trust in the NATOs willingness to defend itself, this move might prove to be very bad indeed.

(Not to mention that the only NATO-Country that ever invoked this clause was the US, and that everyone came to help.)

- he gave secret information to the russians; this was not material US agencies had gathered, but information they had been given by the Israeli under the provision that it was not to be given to other nations, not even allied nations. Intelligence agencies rely on information given by other allied agencies. with the Israeli becoming more careful about what information to share with the US, he endangered US citizens everywhere.

You might say that he has the right to declassify information and share it with whomever he wants to. But with the consequence being that the US will get less information from allied countries, do you really think thatsharing of information was a good idea?

(Not to mention that there was no real upside to proliferating that information.)

- He fired Comey to prevent him from advancing in his investigations into the Connections between Russia and the Trump campaign, thus possibly obstructiong justice.

c) Oh yes, and he did a huge bundle of things that simply should not happen outside of a kindergarden:
- shoving other heads of state out of the way
- forgetting to show the common courtesy of shaking hands of other heads of state
- canceling telephone calls with other heads of state out of the blue simply and out of anger

Heads of state. Well, okay, Chancellor Merkel is NOT head of state, but who cares. Behavior like this is... well, strange.

d) His constant boasting and apparent need for attention leads to very, very strange situations, that I won't go into, either. BUT. Biggest Inauguration, despite of endless prove that it was not? He letting his cronies pretend they revere him in front of the camera?

e) And last, but not least, the things I simply disagree with him. Pulling out of trade deals with the pacific region will most likely result in china vastly improving its influence there. Pulling out of paris means that the trust in the US' reliability will considerably be weakened. Again, for no reason at all. The Paris Agreement had no mechanics to punish countries that did not reach their goals AT ALL. It was a peer pressure thing, prompting countries to act in order to maintain their reliability which... ah, right. whatever bad thing might have come to the US, did already happen - because of Trump. Oh, and don't get me started on Healthcare and Trumps promises during the campaign, all of which he now doe snot remember anymore, simply because he wants to bring something through congress, really anything at all, no matter what, only to be able to say that he ... well, dealt with the ACA.

So that's it. Three big things and a lot of other things that left most people shaking their heads in disbelief, and this list ist missing a lot of things for sure. One just can't keep track.

"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
-snip

You must believe everything you hear on CNN...
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info