Donald Trump and US politics

"
pneuma wrote:
Actual election night coverage from S.Korea is the best thing I've ever seen.

Holy shit, I never knew I needed this in my life. Epic.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
http://time.com/4783920/president-trumps-aggression-will-be-his-undoing/

Fuck 4D chess, moron can't even play the traditional version. King's Gambit indeed.

I don't know much about poker, but I think that is what he was playing.

As I said here before, I think he never wanted to win the presidency. Had he lost, he would have been "the underdog that challenged a rigged system and almost beat it". The GOP would have been eating on his hand since he hijacked most of it's supporters. It appears he also had some plans to attempt launching his own network.

He spend a lot of his time criticizing the first black president, had he lost, he could do the same with the first woman president too. Like the GOP had been the opposition party, Trump could spend the next 4 years doing the same, and certainly profiting from it.

But now he has to work, and his name is on the line.

I think his calls for "witch hunt" are very similar to his calls of "rigged election", maybe he wants to be impeached? Why else would he fire the FBI director and then say on an interview that it was "because of the russian investigation". He is basically admitting obstruction of justice, and that is like... the reason other presidents "were" impeached isn't it? I bet he googled that without telling anyone and now is trying out...
"
pneuma wrote:
Actual election night coverage from S.Korea is the best thing I've ever seen.

omg best coverage ever! Why our medias here are so bad. CNN should learn from them.
"
soneka101 wrote:
say on an interview that it was "because of the russian investigation"
link?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:
link?

CNN & BuzzFeed link inc.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:
link?
CNN & BuzzFeed link inc.
Doubtful. Google loves those two, I should have been able to find it. Unless already retracted and needs archive.is to get.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 19, 2017, 10:48:29 AM
It was on that interview with Lester Holt: https://youtu.be/ImscGh-YLRw?t=56s

I paraphrased what he said, but here is the original quote:

"
In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story

He linked his decision with the Russia investigation, by himself.

"
diablofdb wrote:
CNN & BuzzFeed link inc.

Trump cannot escape his own idiocy.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:
link?
"
soneka101 wrote:
It was on that interview with Lester Holt: https://youtu.be/ImscGh-YLRw?t=56s

I paraphrased what he said, but here is the original quote:
"
In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story
He linked his decision with the Russia investigation, by himself.
What Trump is saying is a direct negation of your original quote paraphrase of Trump. You are saying because of the FBI investigation; Trump does not recognize the existence of a FBI investigation. What we recognizes is reports of a FBI investigation, and he says those reports are fake. This was already made clear in the letter Trump wrote firing Comey:
"
While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the bureau.
The problem is that the noun Trump is using as a stand-in for "investigation" is "thing," opening the door to misinterpretation. Not very eloquent.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 19, 2017, 1:28:57 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
What Trump is saying is a direct negation of your original quote paraphrase of Trump. You are saying because of the FBI investigation; Trump does not recognize the existence of a FBI investigation. What we recognizes is reports of a FBI investigation, and he says those reports are fake. This was already made clear in the letter Trump wrote firing Comey:
"
While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the bureau.
The problem is that the noun Trump is using as a stand-in for "investigation" is "thing," opening the door to misinterpretation. Not very eloquent.

When I wrote "because of the russian investigation", I was paraphrasing, but the quote on my previous reply was exactly what Trump said, so no need to slash the word "quote".

About what you said, are you implying that if the president is under investigation he can just say: "This is bullshit" and dismiss the whole thing?

So what if he thinks the investigation is "fake"? I think that half of the people in jail must have said the same about their own investigations.

If he is part of an investigation or not, that is for the FBI to decide isn't it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info