Donald Trump and US politics

"
Manocean wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:

I know he made lobbying easier, even tho he promised to "drain the swamp".

Are these separate from the lobbying bans he put in place?

Here is how he made lobbying easier:
https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-watered-down-ethics-rules-let-lobbyist-help-run-agency-he-lobbied

But you are right, he put some restrictions, but he himself doesn't seem to be following them:
https://www.propublica.org/article/how-the-trump-administration-may-be-skirting-its-own-ethics-rules?utm_campaign=sprout&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1488641908

"
As we have detailed, President Trump in January issued an order weakening Obama-era ethics policies, allowing lobbyists to work at agencies they had sought to influence. The Trump order did limit what lobbyists could do once they entered government, banning them from directly handling issues on which they had lobbied.

But the administration may not be even following that.

We’ve found three hires announced this week who, in fact, are working on the same issues on which they were registered lobbyists while in the private sector.
Trump hotel deal tied to terrorist group. Now things keep getting better and better. But he might have done it by accident. Lol. Funniest presidential run ever.
Basically, Trump is strict regarding administration officials becoming lobbyists, but lax regarding lobbyists becoming administration officials. Clearly he sees one as a problem, the other not so much.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
When you realize that Budget_player_cadet is a CIA agent.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Whenever I saw the phrase "paid shill" I never thought they meant taxpayers were the ones paying. *shrug*

It's truly amazing how this Vault 7 stuff is basically showing that Kekistan defeated the fucking CIA.

BTW if BPC is CIA I'd be just fine with that. I don't care who he is, I don't do ad hominem. Only the message is relevant here. I'd ask him to quit his job though.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 9, 2017, 5:59:39 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Hmm, the skepticism of the new health care plan seems unfounded.

It's actually the World's Greatest Health Care Plan - even says so in the title:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1275

LOL, I know, right? Kinda like the "Patriot Act", anyone opposed to it is not a patriot, and is anti-American. One could easily get enough information about how stupid the politicians think the American people are just by how they name these bills.

The same sort of reasoning that got us "Welfare." The Constitution allows for the Federal Gub'mint to provide for "The general welfare," so when LBJ named his redistributive entitlement program after something in the Constitution, it became "Constitutional." =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Basically, Trump is strict regarding administration officials becoming lobbyists, but lax regarding lobbyists becoming administration officials. Clearly he sees one as a problem, the other not so much.
Insightful. Seriously.
Thanks.

I guess the next question is: which of the two is more important to prevent?

Ideally, I'd think it would be fine to recruit from within the industry being regulated, providing the potential to return is nil — that is, the switching of sides is permanent. It'd be kind of like SCOTUS appointments: you might think think you know how ______ is going to act, but once they get in, who knows?

The problem is, I'm not sure preventing lobbying is enough to act as a check against using (corruption of) government service as a springboard for private sector advancement. If the bridge back to the source industry isn't thoroughly burned, a mere singe might be futile.

Edit: breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/09/honeymoon-speaker-paul-ryan-targets-republicans-not-democrats-ads-healthcare/
"
House Speaker Paul Ryan is openly targeting House Republicans with television advertisements—while conspicuously not hitting Democratic members—to try to browbeat them into supporting his healthcare legislation.

The remarkable development, in which a GOP leadership-connected organization is now opening fire on the airwaves against Ryan’s own members, is ultimately one of the main tactics employed by Ryan’s predecessor, former House Speaker John Boehner—one that was instrumental in forcing his resignation in 2015.

And while this is going on, with Ryan unrelentingly pushing for this American Health Care Act—nicknamed by many Republicans who oppose it “Ryancare,” “Obamacare 2.0,” or “Obamacare Lite”—members in the House GOP conference are beginning to whisper about replacing not just Obamacare but replacing Ryan as Speaker.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 9, 2017, 9:16:16 PM
Meanwhile, that Birther agent provocateur, Malik Obama, has stirred up some renewed interest in former POTUS Barack Hussein Obama's birthplace:
"

Malik Obama shares photo of brother Barack’s Kenya ‘certificate of birth’

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/malik-obama-shares-photo-brother-baracks-kenya-certificate-birth/

Interesting images. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I really wish that Congress'd get together and remove the restriction (via amendment) on being born in America.

Not for Obama's sake but just because it's stupid. If someone has been living here for however long, immigrated legally, and is the best for the job, why prevent them from doing the job?

My care cup for birtherism is totally dry.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Meanwhile, that Birther agent provocateur, Malik Obama, has stirred up some renewed interest in former POTUS Barack Hussein Obama's birthplace:
"

Malik Obama shares photo of brother Barack’s Kenya ‘certificate of birth’

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/malik-obama-shares-photo-brother-baracks-kenya-certificate-birth/

Interesting images. =^[.]^=

Literally the only thing this does is make you look stupid. You see those stupid people in the comments section of that article? That's you. That's what you look like when you bring this birther shit in here.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Whenever I saw the phrase "paid shill" I never thought they meant taxpayers were the ones paying. *shrug*

It's truly amazing how this Vault 7 stuff is basically showing that Kekistan defeated the fucking CIA.

BTW if BPC is CIA I'd be just fine with that. I don't care who he is, I don't do ad hominem. Only the message is relevant here. I'd ask him to quit his job though.

You'd think the CIA would get people who are actually better at manipulating opinion for the job of "paid troll", not a dick with a chip on his shoulder who is sick of everyone's shit.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 10, 2017, 3:31:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info