7k fusings later, a 6L

Aaaaye! 366 fusings last night :P

I recall spending ~50fuses to link gloves..

Too bad no one will believe it...
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
neonive wrote:
6 linking is like the last thing not casualized this game, and actually it is buffed considering quality dosnt go 0% after every fuse.
My point is uniques are nearly worthless. 6L is one of the few things worth anything.. They used to be 20ex+ actually... now they are only 5ex+ So best not to casualize any more. Use a tabula if you must.

(I'm saying this from the shit end of RNG myself)

6 links have been totally casualized by divination cards. 6 linking hasnt been, but the result, the 6L item is completely fucked in value thanks to div cards. Once you hit 2500 fusing cost, I dont feel like you can argue that is a casual cost when you can buy a 6L body armour from cards for less than an exalt, you can self farm one in a day from merciless crematorium.

Don't make me make like 5 6L cards!

lol
Just wanted to say my 2 cents on this.

Standard computer RNG (random generation) is inherently broken, since the default hardware used doesn't collect enough enviroment data to achieve good enough randomness.

That's why the good or bad RNG tends to appear in short or even longer streaks in computer software.

Not sure how much they cost or if it would be possible to use, but if the servers had special pci cards (like this) for random generation we would probably have much better RNG in the game.

I get this might not be usable on all aspects of the game (It would probably break predictive mode if used on combat rolls etc), but I think it would make all the crafting experience much smoother.

I suspect the game uses some type of pseudo RNG for combat rolls so the client can more accurately predict the outcome of the server for the predictive mode to work, but I think it would be a huge error if this kind of pseudo RNG is used for crafting too.

This is only my opinion, which is shaped by what I know about statistics, random generation and computer hardware in general, I'm not a scientist or expert on the matter :)

Last edited by smichal52 on Feb 3, 2017, 4:01:51 AM
6 linking with fuses is only worth it if you're a no lifer who plays 12 hours a day and intends to spend 50K fuses over the course of the league. 50K fuses will likely average out to beat Vorici's cost, or at least match it.

But when you only intend to do one 6L, the RNG could troll you for 6000 fuses, and then it's all a waste, because after that you stop. You don't have a chance for it to average out with 3 lucky 6Ls in a row from only a handful of fuses.

Bottom line, always use Vorici or poe.trade, lol.
This pretty much killed the game for me, I log in buy 20 chaos worth of fuses, try it then ALT+F4 and play something else.

Solo self found ? That sounds like a nightmare after this, slot machine in slot machine...
Here is hoping POE2 has a better system for alot of the worse things in 1 including making a 6 link.
@OP:

Same exact issue I had in Breach league. Except it was only 5.4k or so. Then, I 6 linked a fucking Vaal Regalia out of nowhere in < 300.

It was addicting though, buying the fusings to gamble and hoping to "beat Vorici". I learned the hard and figured anything more than 2k spent, I should just save / stop and spend the 1.5k.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
OP makes it sound a bit like this:

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&ei=fnaaWJu8Lcj8swG48ZOYCQ#q=sunk+cost+fallacy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation_of_commitment

But anyway from reading OPs experience I would just use Vorici...

EDIT: Dunno if anyone posted this previously, but some rich guys should test how many fusings on average it takes to 6L and see if it's worth gambling or not.
Just making a boring, inoffensive post nobody cares about
Last edited by inyourface45 on Feb 7, 2017, 8:40:45 PM
Lifetime fusing spend: ~ 21515
6 Link: ~ 0

Standard (Breach befor)
2k+ fusing
Spoiler

1470 fuse into that piece of S*** 30 more and Vorici will be my new friend...
Lagacy
Spoiler

I learned my lesson.... never try to 6L unique's

oh and btw Thanks GGG
Listen to my Music !
www.reverbnation.com/cproject
Last edited by ardarnor on Mar 19, 2017, 12:00:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info