[ SSF Concerns ] Without Smart Loot it may be SSL (Solo Spell League).

You can share items between characters within the league.

I play SSF exclusively. It's far better to play three characters sharing loot than to focus on one character like your used to. Pick three complementary builds. One uses weapons, one bows and one spells. Play them in parallel rather than sequentially. That way if something nice drops, you have a better chance of being able to use it.
Spell characters are easiest to start with but it isn't like weapon based can't be done, it just takes an eye towards crafting and maybe a bit longer if your unlucky but realistically if your unlucky you will get stuck on any character while you farm for better gear and/or map drops.

Except pizza stick, thats just lol
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I play SSF exclusively. It's far better to play three characters sharing loot than to focus on one character like your used to. Pick three complementary builds. One uses weapons, one bows and one spells. Play them in parallel rather than sequentially. That way if something nice drops, you have a better chance of being able to use it.

I doubt that happens... ppl are racing still even though no items to sell first, just go pizza blast totems chieftain and make atziri first couple days with like no gear requirements.
Git R Dun!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

what about a communist league (have a ssf like league but with items shared inbetween guilds)?
the only issue there would be bigger guilds having an advantage.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

what about a communist league (have a ssf like league but with items shared inbetween guilds)?
the only issue there would be bigger guilds having an advantage.

Better to focus on playing the game we have rather than dreaming about how to play something that doesn't exist.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I doubt that happens... ppl are racing still even though no items to sell first, just go pizza blast totems chieftain and make atziri first couple days with like no gear requirements.

People play all sorts of different ways. Very few SSF "race". But then, we're going to see a large influx of people who don't know what they're doing when it comes to SSF. These are the people Chris is talking about when he says he expects people to quit and revert back to trading.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 24, 2017, 7:29:03 AM
I think you'll be surpized. The same ppl who make 40 in trade first will also make it in SSF just a little slower. Maybe 2 weeks slower. I've watched a few streamers who make it to atziri on day 1 and they dont really trade because theres non one to trade with because they are way ahead.
Git R Dun!
/care

it is totally ok to play a caster char first.
after some drops and crafting you can play EVERY melee class.
no increasing of droprate is neccessary.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I think you'll be surpized. The same ppl who make 40 in trade first will also make it in SSF just a little slower. Maybe 2 weeks slower. I've watched a few streamers who make it to atziri on day 1 and they dont really trade because theres non one to trade with because they are way ahead.

Of course. But that's not the only goal... is it?
"
kuukkeli wrote:
Forgot to ask, what would Smart Loot even mean in PoE?

I tend to think it would look at your equipment: If RNGesus decided to drop a weapon, it will look what weapon you carry a sword. Then it would give better chanced that a sword is dropped than another weapon. Or if you have a ES chest and RNGesus decides to drop a chest, then ES chests have better chance to drop.

At least thats how I understood what the OP meant.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Rustic sash recipe? Essence.

Anyway spells are just better everyone knows this not because you supposedly cant get a weapon either. It's the fact they have more AOE and DPS and dont miss and dont need a new weapon every 10 levels to keep pace. So yeah like always more will play path of spells.

So what else is new?

No trading + No partying = new :P You already accept the facts and somehow still wonder what's new :P

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Jan 24, 2017, 7:56:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info