[ SSF Concerns ] Without Smart Loot it may be SSL (Solo Spell League).

"
Lynerus wrote:
How does one get currency with no trade tho Kappa that is the question at least for you... i never sell anything on poe so im always stuck with no currency so crafting is junk to me maybe thats why LUL

Also crafting is just junk even if you had 1k all orbs because rng favors the bad rolls more then the good

Newsflash, obtaining currency in this game is not hard, not even remotely. It is just up to the player to know what to pick up, and know what to vender, and or how for certain recipes. I am not talking about the people that obtain mountains of exalts, but building regular currency is not hard.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
You can craft perfectly decent weapons. Early game you use the rustic sash recipe, later you can use essences and masters. Sometimes you get lucky and find good ones.

There's no justification for a smart loot system in SSF only. It's supposed to be harder, not easier.
Forgot to ask, what would Smart Loot even mean in PoE? This game isn't D3 where designers create meta through set bonuses, where all classes have limited fixed set of skills available and where good chunk of gear is class restricted.

Want to play caster or EA marauder - sorry but no, have this 2-h mace instead again. I'm not sure these smart loot people have really given too much thought on this.

Loot is fine for SSF. Only thing I'd like to change is to increase mid and high tier map drops but that has nothing to do with SSF, I just dislike the idea the idea that content itself is gated behind rng or trade.
"
kuukkeli wrote:
Forgot to ask, what would Smart Loot even mean in PoE? This game isn't D3 where designers create meta through set bonuses, where all classes have limited fixed set of skills available and where good chunk of gear is class restricted.

Want to play caster or EA marauder - sorry but no, have this 2-h mace instead again. I'm not sure these smart loot people have really given too much thought on this.

Loot is fine for SSF. Only thing I'd like to change is to increase mid and high tier map drops but that has nothing to do with SSF, I just dislike the idea the idea that content itself is gated behind rng or trade.

What is a loot filter? it basically hides loot you don't want to see - lower bases, flasks, maybe even currency, armor/weapon types, etc.

Smart loot is similar, but based on the build you're playing, not the loot filter you are running. Instead of throwing a crap ton of loot, and filtering the garbage like a filter, the game weighs drops based on the type of build you're playing. Taking life/armor nodes? Life mods are weighted more, as are armor drops. using spells? Spell damage mods are weighted, as are wand/scepter/dagger/wand drops. Lower tier bases/mods would be weighted less, or outright removed in higher tier maps.

the best part of it is, you can drastically reduce overall drop rates. No more wall to wall carpet of garbage. And since the system weighs drops, and doesn't remove things entirely, you can still get off-spec drops, gg ones, to seed a new build.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
Smart loot is similar, but based on the build you're playing, not the loot filter you are running. Instead of throwing a crap ton of loot, and filtering the garbage like a filter, the game weighs drops based on the type of build you're playing. Taking life/armor nodes? Life mods are weighted more, as are armor drops. using spells? Spell damage mods are weighted, as are wand/scepter/dagger/wand drops. Lower tier bases/mods would be weighted less, or outright removed in higher tier maps.

And this falls apart immediately because many characters level up as something completely different than they're going to play in the end. Also how could you ever switch to CI when you're getting life gear all the time because you're starting as life based? Then there's the worst feature of smart loot - if you RIP in HC you're pretty much forced to re-roll similar character because most of your loot is tailored for the toon that just died.

In my opinion loot is just fine for SSF as it is. It would beat the whole purpose to make SSF league to have better drops anyway.
"
kuukkeli wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

And this falls apart immediately because many characters level up as something completely different than they're going to play in the end. Also how could you ever switch to CI when you're getting life gear all the time because you're starting as life based? Then there's the worst feature of smart loot - if you RIP in HC you're pretty much forced to re-roll similar character because most of your loot is tailored for the toon that just died.

In my opinion loot is just fine for SSF as it is. It would beat the whole purpose to make SSF league to have better drops anyway.

Take the hybrid life/es nodes, they'r right there smack in teh middle of all the other ES nodes.

"
Druga1757 wrote:
Take the hybrid life/es nodes, they'r right there smack in teh middle of all the other ES nodes.

And it would still weigh life gear more as I'd have more investment in life at that point. Also you just ignored the other issues (leveling specs and re-rolling).
The players want to brag but they know the problems of the game. Now, SSF will allow players to actually do that. Why complain? It seems that so far the game is not ready for anyone to be proud of any accomplishment.

Weird, right?
"
kuukkeli wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

And it would still weigh life gear more as I'd have more investment in life at that point. Also you just ignored the other issues (leveling specs and re-rolling).

That's where player knowlege comes in. If you know how the system works, you can actually game how drops are weighted.

"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG is likely not going to alter drop tables to make SSL more lucrative. It took them 4 years to hop on the SSL wagon and it will be another 4 years until SSL has buffed drop rates.

The danger with making a new 'baseline' is it will further divide the player base.

They won't make it more lucrative, because it's not a new baseline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info