Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

so there are no ssf-marked challenge rewards. as in giving them an * behind their name, only so that the player could see he earned them the hard way.

aaaand ssf failed before it even began. stillborn. a ssf leaderboard is only motivation for the 5%. the 95% have ZERO extra motivation to play ssf.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Theshadow5 wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:

Players can easily opt-out characters or their entire league progress (masters, atlas, etc) at any time that they want to start trading or partying.

Because of this, I don't think anything will change regarding drop chances / currency / whatever. Not saying it is a bad thing, I like it vanilla even in SSF.

Just something to think about - most players will earn ALOT more currency in X time, even if in SSF you get more currency drops in that X time. You may get 50 chaos instead of 30, and 2ex instead of 1, but most players will be able to earn that difference through trading.
Only new players, who cant trade efficiently will benefit from this - and I dont think it`ll change things too drastically (maybe raise an average lower item's price).

"
I'm not sure, but I think no SSF Player in the past managed to kill shaper right? Not even a Guardian?

I`m not such a good player, but through grinding and luck I reached t15s and managed to try one guardian. I even got 3/4 of the uber atziri pieces. I`m sure better players managed to reach shaper even.
But, you're 100% right that in SSF getting to endgame is either:
(1) Based on luck and getting that 1 OP gear (I got bino's and a fit skin of the loyal.. lucky..).
(2) Using a working "do all content without much gear" meta OP build.

We need a way to reach the final endgame without breaking the difficulty lvl (in my mind its currency changes so we can craft all gear ourselves).

oh so finally people actually realise that? people have been calling me "you suck noob" because I could never reach the final bosses... and I've been SSF ALL ALONG
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Thank you for this GGG. An in-game method for SSF HC is exactly what I wanted.
"
LMTR14 wrote:
so there are no ssf-marked challenge rewards. as in giving them an * behind their name, only so that the player could see he earned them the hard way.

aaaand ssf failed before it even began. stillborn. a ssf leaderboard is only motivation for the 5%. the 95% have ZERO extra motivation to play ssf.

Why should others be motivated to play it, except those who want to play SSF?
Wow!
I have not played for a while but this is "third strike"
No1: (Erik askinng in Swedish forum about Swedish names for weapon´s ,2011) I named Mjölner and Rödnäbba(Redbeak in English)

Spoiler
"
Jag sitter och designar unika foremal nu forresten, har nagon en ide om nagot svenskt som jag skulle kunna smyga in? :)

Min första tanke är naturligtvis Tokes & Röde Orms svärd
från Frans G. Bengtsson böcker : Blåtunga och Rödnäbba.
Odens spjut-Gungner(okey inga spjut än så länge i Poe)
Tors hammare-Mjölner
Vikingar: (Källa Skalman.nu)
Eneggat svärd= Sax
Sigurd Fafnesbanes svärd hette Gram, det gotiska kungasvärdet Tyrfing, Fafners och senare Olav Haraldssons svärd hette Hrotte, Midfjord Skägges svärd kallades Skövnung, Höders kallades Mistelten, Högnes hette Dainsleif, Odens svärd hette Mimung och Kettil Hoengs svärd bar namnet Dragvandil.
atgeir=Långskaftad Yxa

No2:cant(lazy) find it now ,basic was finding maps that took you to a private instance endgame
No 3:
Spoiler
Cheers Exiles,
Yes I know , there are a lots of threads regarding sfl..This is another one but with a twist.
Instead of having a standalone sf league (wich GGG clearly stated they wont implement)
Why not have an option at character creation within existing league/s - "check box "SF" - meaning trading and grouping disabled.
*Droprate=exactly the same
*Possibility to "uncheck" SF if player feels that he hits a "wall", (Cant go back to SF offcause)
*A seperate ladder for SF
*A SF channel......(So I actually dont have to turn it off..)
*Shared stash for your SF chars in the League
*Would be nice with special challanges tailored for solo players
*Instead of adjusted droprates . why not a playerX option (intresting HC Dom...)who dares..?

Pros:
*All players who want to play solo,without trading now have a "fair" ladder
*Will bring back a lot of players (imho)
*Will attract new players
*Will prevent solo players(or players who dislikes a tradingsim.) to quit when they feel they cant advance any further.
*GGG will profit from it (Why not charge the option to create SF chars with a few $ ? ) I would invest a few for the option...

Cons
*Time/work to implement this ? (I have no idea)But I cant imagine that it would be very complicated if droprate remains the same and no new league needs to be created)
*Maybe the time to make more "sub-headings?) in the forum. (hmm not certain about "sub-headings,English is not my native language/sry)
*nah..cant find any more tbh..

Well ,
I do love the game! I will continue playing regardless of SFL.
But , I would play more , and probably visit the pub less-which might lead to a better,healthier,longer life!! -Thanks GGG!!

Cheers Peeps!
Brgds ,

Edited:
Why not have an option to flag yourself as PVP and join other SFPlayers instances ..trade HCway..(I can see an exploit poss. here though..) But ok , guys who want to loose their char. providing stuff for alt/friend..ok..(Only HC ofc)
L https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/746607

*Note I know that a lots of suggs. have been posted..I do not take "credit" for this..I just think its awesome though..
Rgds ,
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
SSF nice but yes agree with other mates never can be better or playable in the same way that when you can buy some items that you may need. This mode will be not such a problem for the verry experimentated sick players and totally exiled ones.
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
My recommendation would be to include something like Perandus or whatever his name was in this league. I SSF 99% of the time and, while I have accumulated dozens of uniques and rares of value over years of play, the relative access to very high level unique drops is very low compared to the people who trade with other players.
Outside of the pain this creates when it comes to acquiring skill gems this is a solid idea. Having to level up characters for no reasons beyond vendor restrictions is a major roadblock for some character concepts.
Maybe a thought to all of you who want to change/increase buffs/masters for SSF... If you require this, then the concept of SSF probably isn't entirely for you. SSF is intended to be hard, slow, painful and completely different. Even the meta and builds will be completely different, because you really need to plan around skill and not 2-3 legendaries that buff.

Increasing any drops/masters etc completely ruin the original idea; do SSF because it is hard-as-f*** challenge. Not because you want to show on ladder but you are not willing to do it the hard way. Basically 99% of the suggestions is yes, awesome, we got SSF now make it more easy as SSF is too hard for me.
I think it would be really cool to assign special SSF values to items as well. Maybe even just limit them to unique items, but special effects that stack on top of the default stats, but disappear upon trading. That way, SSF players can find things for themselves and be rewarded, while traditional players can still play as normal with trading, also benefiting from items they find themselves if they so choose. I can foresee that possibly having long term consequences on the economy from the increased proclivity to actually find things increasing supply and lowering trade values, but overall I think it is a small enough hit that it could be worth it for the sake of us antisocial folks who are awful at the meta.

I played through the whole campaign SSF not really understanding the need for the trade system, because I happened to stumble into a pretty decent summoner build that was good for cheesing all the tough bosses even with mediocre gear, but the final boss just happened to be immune to most of my damage, and instakilled most of my minions, so I just sorta gave up after a while and never hit endgame. It would be awesome to have some way of getting buffed without having to figure out trading 20-30 hours into a playthrough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info