Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

Trading is so trash they now give you a system to avoid it completely.

Thanks GGG!
This is great news.

Regarding Challenges is it possible to mark whether these are completed in Hardcore or Standard Leagues? A flag that showed either would be great. A way to implement this is any progression towards a Challenge in Standard would mark that as such for the life of the League. This would allow us to see those that complete all or most of their Challenges in Hardcore.
IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
Please add a second option "character self-found" that does not allow for shared stashes.

In addition, it should not be possible to use portals at bosses and bosses should reset on player death so that players cannot death-spam bosses to zero. Achievements should also record the number of deaths a character had up to that point, maybe even the playtime on that character which would allow for implicit races between players.

Ultimate goal would be to have something between standard and HC, maybe something acceptable by both types of players.

TYVM!
Last edited by Incitatus2 on Jan 23, 2017, 8:52:24 AM
Most of the people with complaints about SSF are those who are upset they can't use builds currently in the meta (i.e. CI) and demand certain changes and tweaks to the game mechanics in order to play.

As someone who's fairly new to the game, I effortlessly got into end game content within hours of starting the game via trading. Once i found a few chaos/items to trade i bought a tabula, leveling gear, some 20q gems, payed for lab services, and essentially within a few hours into the game, i was already doing t15 maps. This sounds like the typical character progression most players are accustomed to in PoE and it kind of sucks that it's come to that.

What SSF will offer us is a chance to test our knowledge of the game. It will also allow us to progress on our build according to the loot that we received. Whether we start off as a LA Deadeye and finish as Cyclone Raider, it will all depend on RNG. Not to say progression will be linear in that, for example, rangers can only use bows, but it will start our journey with a bow and over time, broaden our choices to a much broader arsenal of weapons and gear to utilize. The more we progress, the more gear we find, the more choices we have.

SSF isn't for bragging rights, rather for those who want a true ARPG experience that gives you control of how you shape your own destiny. To learn to appreciate the game for what it has to offer. What we learned to define as currency will be recognized for its utility. Meaning chaos runes will be used to reroll rares, and exalts will give rares additional stats, and mirrors will be used to replicate items. SSF will break the "currency" mentality of the game for most players seeking a challenge or who just find the current system of game play stale.

SSF won't be for everyone. The odds will be against you if you plan to follow builds currently in the meta that require certain uniques. Most players like to start a new character, have all the gear purchased beforehand, and pretty much achieve end game content within a fraction of the intended time.

TL;DR SSF is going to be a classic ARPG experience. No increased drop rates, no vendor alterations, no changes required at all. Most current meta builds won't apply here, get over it. Stick to standard :)
"
Hudnek wrote:
Trading is so trash they now give you a system to avoid it completely.

Thanks GGG!

Hahahaha! Indeed. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I have always played this way and I love it
As someone who already played SSF all the time I appreciate the implementation really very much. That way my way of playing the game (grind it alone!) becomes one possible (officially supported) game concept like HC. To me this is a kind of an acknowledgment I still haven't seen from any other company. Keep it up!
Good news for PT :))
Nice these ssfs players are going to buy MTX now ! How about fixing the mtx tabs so we can organize them ourselves ? I like many others that have been supporting all along regardless if we like the new content or not an have terribly messed up tabs ... sure we can type in search ... Iam to the point where I don't want to have any more MTX cause it takes too long to find the ones I like to use mixed in random with ones I will never use (Thanks to chasing items in the mystery boxes)
Last edited by Fasteddie1 on Jan 23, 2017, 9:31:54 AM
Looks like I might stop other projects to return and play this!

Excited!
If there is a Hell! I'll see you there!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info