Today's announcement filled me with nothing but pride.

"
Nimoc wrote:
"
Tompos wrote:
The shitstorm is absolutely amazing to read.

Am i really the only one who's proud of those 6 nerds who made this game in their basement, only to become a 80+ ppl company in about 4 years and are now ready to release on console?

They made this game with generous $$$upport of PC players.
They hired 80+ ppl because of continuos $$$upport of PC players.
If PC players stop to $$$upport the company 80+ ppl will be fired.

compared to all the support they will receive form xbox one players, they will hardly feel the loss of a few butthurt forum warriors threatening to stop paying...
People and their entitlement, just pathetic
"
Tompos wrote:

Am i really the only one who's proud of those 6 nerds who made this game in their basement, only to become a 80+ ppl company in about 4 years and are now ready to release on console?

All these guys that think all their 'precious $$$' went into the console instead of the actual game are slightly clueless how economics work.

This release prolly doesnt even take up 2% of invested money just so you know.

I don't own an xbox one but many of my friends do and i'll make them all play :P

GG GGG. So proud!

Also dat trailer <3

I donated because they are a smaller Indy team , and i believed in what they were doing on PC. Now that we know our resources ill be split between PC and a console release i will never spend a dime with them again.

I only pay full price for Indy games , and i only support Indy studious but going to console is unacceptable as it inevitably splits their resources and makes them accountable to Microsoft which will force design changes on the game.

Back to only supporting true Indy titles for me , hope hair brained studious has one more shadowrun game left in them.
"
blubbber wrote:
"
Nimoc wrote:
"
Tompos wrote:

compared to all the support they will receive form xbox one players, they will hardly feel the loss of a few butthurt forum warriors threatening to stop paying...

U really think console players will donate hundreds $$$ as u (and many others) did? Well, gl with that.
"The sword of justice is swift and sharp"
"
blubbber wrote:
"
Nimoc wrote:
"
Tompos wrote:

Yes people that spent money believing in many of the dev manifestos are obviously the assholes here huh. I mean you are free to keep supporting but people unhappy with this new direction they are taking have a right to voice their concerns and that is in no way entitlement.

If i choose to no longer give them my money because i know they are using resources for console development that is not entitlement its called a capitalist choice. I do not agree with their choice to develop the game on console and so i will no longer support them financially . Im sure it wont matter to them but given this is the only time i have ever disagreed with a decision they have made and it is one that causes me to no longer be willing to financially support them( and i am not alone) its worth letting them know why im dissatisfied when i have never been so before.
For real... This is literally nothing but a good thing for the game, and people are up in arms about stuff that the developers have repeatedly said WILL NOT HAPPEN. Seriously.

If you've like anything that has come out in the past 2 years, you've benefited from the console port. A quote from Chris Wilson himself over on Reddit:
"
This has been in progress in at least planning form since 2014, so if you're happy with Forsaken Masters, The Awakening, Ascendancy and Atlas of Worlds then I suspect you'll be happy with our future expansions also. Those expansions were also developed with a console version in mind. There's no difference to how we're developing them.

They won't delay PC patches because of XBOX patches. They won't change the PC UI because they made a separate one for XBOX. They won't change PC skills because of XBOX. The only thing that will change for PC is that performance will get better (already has as far as I'm concerned) and GGG will have more money to support the game resulting in better content.

If it's white-knighting to read developer posts and take them at face value, then so be it. I guess I'm a white knight for not assuming the worst about the company I've supported for the past few years.
"
Maswasnos wrote:
For real... This is literally nothing but a good thing for the game, and people are up in arms about stuff that the developers have repeatedly said WILL NOT HAPPEN. Seriously.

If you've like anything that has come out in the past 2 years, you've benefited from the console port. A quote from Chris Wilson himself over on Reddit:
"
This has been in progress in at least planning form since 2014, so if you're happy with Forsaken Masters, The Awakening, Ascendancy and Atlas of Worlds then I suspect you'll be happy with our future expansions also. Those expansions were also developed with a console version in mind. There's no difference to how we're developing them.

They won't delay PC patches because of XBOX patches. They won't change the PC UI because they made a separate one for XBOX. They won't change PC skills because of XBOX. The only thing that will change for PC is that performance will get better (already has as far as I'm concerned) and GGG will have more money to support the game resulting in better content.

If it's white-knighting to read developer posts and take them at face value, then so be it. I guess I'm a white knight for not assuming the worst about the company I've supported for the past few years.

You are of course welcome to support them , and those of us unhappy that our development dollars are going to console ports are free to stop giving them money. Im sure they will survive fine without us. I am in no way required or entitled to give them my money when im unhappy with the design direction they are taking , that is my right as a consumer. So get over yourself telling me how i should spend my money.
"
Artaniz wrote:
So get over yourself telling me how i should spend my money.

You are more than welcome to point out where I told you how to spend your money. Spoiler alert: I didn't. So get over yourself telling me how I'm telling you how to spend your money.

If you have an irrational hatred for all things console, then so be it. You can stop supporting GGG, if you've supported them at all (I don't see any supported titles under your name, but I suppose you could be hiding them out of shame or something). But don't pretend that it's because GGG is dumbing down the PC version when they so obviously haven't. Perhaps if you are one of the people that think the game has gotten far easier in the last 2 years you may have a point, but otherwise this is all just a knee-jerk reaction to a business deciding to expand its customer base.
I've prolly supported PoE enough to buy a brand new gaming rig for me AND teh missus; certainly enough to buy a Pay to Play game many, many times over. Am I proud that GGG continues to expand its market? Absolutely. I'm a part of that success, though I won't be part of the success they'll earn from the console market (PC Master Race FTW! =^[.]~=)

Every new market, be it China or Consoles, is another step toward an ongoing, bright future for PoE. I want to see all ten Acts, and the only way that's gonna happen is if GGG continues to grow its brand. Does this console port take anything away from the rest of the player base? Not a thing. It's an investment which will pay off in years to come.

Here's to those nerds in a garage and their vision for a game which we all seem to enjoy, save perhaps for the haters who still have no place better to be than on this forum. =^[.]^=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I just laugh all day 2day once I'm reading all this crying ppl, I don't understand why. It's not a end of PoE for PC, there is patch 3.0 in around t corner new act to come a fk knows what else.. and ppl cry cos Xbox convention? lol. I think is a logical move from GGG more players more money. It's how it's goes these days. And I wish all t best and lot of new players on Xbox to GGG. BTW can't wait for that new act and patch;) GL&HF to all
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Here's a thought...

Name every game that TRIED a port from PC to Console, or vice versa.
Now name all the times that each versions were just as good as each other. Oh, and that the port didn't affect the changes/expansions/balancing of the original.

Second list is way, way smaller than the first...Oh, now let's shrink it further...Take that second list, and now exclude every company that had twice the amount of people/resources as GGG.

Who is left?

Look, maybe, against all previous examples, GGG will pull this off...But history gives us no reason to believe that this will go well, and many, many reason to believe this will go poorly.

It is, unarguably, a massive risk, as they've spent time and money on a port to a platform that is owned by another company, and that port may not net them anywhere near the money they invested into it, or prove to be a long term source of currency. I'd be nervous taking a risk even 1/4 this size...And yet GGG is acting perfectly confident that they can do this, just fine. They've not been the most...realistic, company in the past...And seeing them act like this is not actually filling me with confidence. If GGG was saying things like, "It's a risk, and we know it...But we think we can do better and this is why"...Then I might have more faith. But they aren't, they're acting like this is a perfectly natural and logical step, when it isn't.

PCs and Consoles encourage two different types of games, and thus two different audiences....Merging those two audiences is hard, as they are very different, and the limitations of controllers are significant. Console is already losing a Flask, just to the limitations of Consoles. What else will Console lose? The fact is, even though it seems simple...PC has a keyboard and a mouse. Console has a controller. Because of this, PC games can naturally be much deeper than Consoles, it's the same reason controllers keep getting more and more buttons. You have an existing audience for a deep, nuanced game...And Consoles can't be as deep, it's a system limitation. This is why things like Halo are so popular there..And the most popular PC games are far deeper. It's just how the systems are. The market for things like Halo is very different from the market of POE.

Can you really, honestly tell me that you aren't even SLIGHTLY worried about how GGG will fare merging the console market with the PC market? Not even a little?

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info