Path of Exile is Coming to Xbox One!

top fps drops 2k17 coming on x box one...
"
Exile009 wrote:
unless this XBox experiment fails badly).

That's what I'm waiting for. It would be fun to watch Chris falling between two chairs, as they lost a lot of supporters with this shady move, and if xbone fails it won't bring any cash either and it's gonna be a perfect time for bankrupcy..
Is it crossover? PC players and xbox players together?
Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
uqcypher wrote:
The information the community expects is: Can GGG garantee that the PC development will not suffer under the XBox development? What are the expected returns and how will they influence the PC version (numbers maybe)?

1) No, they can't. Well, technically they can, but I can guarantee you no one who thinks it is going to affect PC things is going to believe them if/when they say that. So that won't achieve anything. There's also already a Development Manifesto post released that says exactly what you wanted here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1821427 Feel free to check the responses to see how well that worked out.

2) That's business data. You're asking to look at their financial projections. They've never shared those before and I don't see why should have to now. That's internal company stuff. In any case, it won't help with the salt here since no one is saying that XBox wouldn't make money if it actually takes off. The complaint isn't that this is necessarily a bad business venture but rather that this isn't what many of the players want.

Ultimately, there's nothing GGG can do now about the shitstorm apart from let it run its course and eventually subside (which it will, unless this XBox experiment fails badly).

Ah, thanks for that link!
The information Chris gave in that post should have been directly in the announcement post from Bex. That would have prevented a lot of raging people.

And by numbers I did not mean directly financial numbers. What I meant are simple estimates like "We expect to hire around X developers for Project A and Y developers for B in the next N months from our Z% higher development budget".

Or maybe "The income from the XBox market goes 100% into XBox development and the development of the PC version will continue on the same rate as usual." I could live with that too, but I think a lot of supporters would not, knowing their money was spent for something they don't want!
Last edited by uqcypher on Jan 20, 2017, 5:35:40 PM
Because I'm a natural contrarion, I will toss this hornet's nest into the room.

XBox development could be a good thing for future development of the game. Being able to develop on a standardized platform will give GGG a chance to really test how things will work out on all platforms, before doing the PC port, which has to account to vastly divergent hardware setups.

That said, not being a console gamer, I'm lukewarm to the idea. Early indications are that flasks will be reduced to 4 slots, which is not an issue for XBoxers coming into the game fresh, but will ruin it for anyone with an XBox who wants to try the game out on a proven hardware platform.

And for the love of Pete, why doesn't XBox have built-in keyboard/mouse functionality? (Or does it? I. Don't. Know.)

[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
Online only?

So I noticed all the classes were playing life builds, weird.

Also noticed a lab trap room with 0 stutter stepping and their game didn't close out.

Propaganda much GGG?

This is like watching a Killary Clinton propaganda.
Only missing CNN coverage.
I wonder if Microsoft has any involvement in this.

Must've been one hell of an offer.
"
Kosmajster wrote:
Please GGG any info about ps4 ? PLEASE !!!

This
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

"
XSyntheticX wrote:
"
Kosmajster wrote:
Please GGG any info about ps4 ? PLEASE !!!

This

Info about ps4 - There is none. Seriously, after seeing this reaction from the community, do you seriously think they're that suicidal? One platform at a time, if that. PS4 is harder to program for as it isn't Windows-based like XBox. I mean, they haven't even made the game compatible across all PC OS's, let alone across all consoles. If it ever gets to PS4, it'll be at least a year from now.

So stop asking about other platforms. There's only one new platform coming right now, no more.
I don't like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info