Path of Exile is Coming to Xbox One!

"
whiteclaw7 wrote:
GGG showed what they thought of the PC version. It is very much second-class. I'm done with this company, and I'll miss the game, but I will no longer play a game made by a company who doesn't treat all platforms with equal respect. A company should treat the customers of EVERY platform as if they the best thing since the invention of the wheel. GGG isn't.

That is what is bothering PC players. Are they second-class?

So in your eyes console players are supposed to be the "Second Class" and PC is the master race?

Okay I see why you are so salty..

TBH you guys are jumping off the deep end here. There are only OPINIONS and conspiracy theories about how console is going to make POE worse.. No facts at all.. It is all just made up "The sky is falling" lies right now..

Give GGG a damn chance here fellas. Geezzz.

You guys ever stop to think that GGG is porting the game to console might actually let GGG come up with the money to fix some of the issues the game is having? Maybe the extra player base will allow GGG to actually get the funding they need to grow POE.

Stop being so damn selfish and actually think about the future of the game! It is not all about you the all mighty PC gamer! Coming to console will allow GGG another way of funding POE for years to come.
Will it be in 60 fps? Will I be able to play with controller on PC? Will it come to PS4 eventually?
"
Daiena wrote:
Xbox One players will play on their own realm, separate to the PC realm. This is due to small gameplay differences between the two versions, such as the number of Flask slots and how some skills are targeted

Thank god for this one....

"
SNORELAXED wrote:
why isint it also coming to PS4 why just Xbox i mean i really dont have any problem whit this great game going to the consoles but why just 1 off them will a PS4 one come after the Xbox one comes out

Because PoE has now got investors,which means that more cash is flowing in,it also means that you have a certain set ''quota'' of revenue you have to reach every year,for a pc game one of the ways to do that is to port the game,the problem usually is the contract and license part,Microsoft is a huge company,so it's much more obvious of a choice for a boost in revenue.

The worrying part as some have mentioned here,is that it has cost something for GGG to get PoE on it,and even legally they are most likely not allowed to reveal details,so we have to sit here and pray that by 2018/19 the game is a:still alive and b:has not gone full pay2win,because at this point Chris has basically no say in what's going to happen at all.

what investors?
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
I'm really hoping we will be able to have a copy of our pc characters on the xbox version I would hate to start over
I have played POE quite a bit on the PC since it came out and as time went by with added content and patches, I found my PC to not be able to keep up with the demands of playing the game.

Being a PS4 owner I decided to pick up an Xbox 1 on Black Friday because I'm more interested in the offerings that come with it compared to the PS4 (such as Backward compatibility, free games from Xbox live are still playable if the subscription runs out unlike PS+ games, and the mod support for some of the games I enjoy). More bang for my buck so to speak.

When I saw the posting that POE was coming to Xbox 1, It just re-affirmed how happy I was with my Xbox 1 purchase. I still love my PS4 (not the PS+ so much) and love my PC for gaming but the opportunity to actually play POE on a console has me pumped.

Everything comes down to personal preference. For those thinking the PC POE will be impacted by the console POE is just non-sense which provides a reason some to complain.

For every PC POE player who rages and quits because of this, you'll probably see anywhere from 5-10 new console players. Sounds like a pretty good business model to me.

At the end of the day, GGG is a business and should be able to explore all possibilities grab more of the market share. The notion that they will abandon their PC players or tailor the PC game to the console port again is just speculation at this point.

I have worked in customer service for over 20 years and one thing I have learned, customers who cry and are never satisfied are the ones that can keep their money. Get used to it. Your business is just not worth the effort to keep you happy.

You are mad because they ported to console, fair enough - stop playing. It's that simple.

That's my rant and I'm sticking to it.
To: Funkopotamus

You need to get rid of the fanboy bullshit. Those sentences of mine you quoted clearly show that I believe no one, no matter the platform, should be second place. Get your head out of your ass.
Gah, I wish they hadn't said anything until they knew a date! I've been spamming the refresh button (despite knowing we wont hear anything for awhile) just to get a small insight on this. If I had a better PC I would be on it already but that's not an option.

Lets get to some news GGG! (And maybe a beta than I can exhaust :D)
some kinda estimate on release would have been nice for sure...
my prediction is summer or fall release :/
"
ComeHome wrote:
some kinda estimate on release would have been nice for sure...
my prediction is summer or fall release :/

You are most likely correct, though I don't like that answer...
As a proud supporter since the very beginning, I'm glad that GGG decided to release this great game to XBOX ONE, attracting a wider player base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info