[2.6] Self-cast Bladefall or Blade Vortex - Farm Shaper, All Content

I use this build in legacy and its amazing. I'm running +T12 maps without any problems.
But i have a few questions.
Is there any profit in running hidden potenital at all? i mean, you can replace magic rings with Le Haup of All (good rolls and you get even more increased damage +decent resists), take rare amulet with increased chaos damage+spell damage + life + resists (and try to get +1curses). You will miss ~140 life from rings but you can replace a hidden potential for +%max hp jewel and get even more damage if you can afford it.
Or i just miss something? Like LHoA increased dmg do not doubledip?
Second, Devotos's Devotion in this build give only MS and some chaos res, have you think about other helmets? I dunno, The Gull maybe?

"
Tet_Ragon wrote:
I use this build in legacy and its amazing. I'm running +T12 maps without any problems.
Is there any profit in running hidden potenital at all? i mean, you can replace magic rings with Le Haup of All (good rolls and you get even more increased damage +decent resists), take rare amulet with increased chaos damage+spell damage + life + resists (and try to get +1curses). You will miss ~140 life from rings but you can replace a hidden potential for +%max hp jewel and get even more damage if you can afford it.
Or i just miss something? Like LHoA increased dmg do not doubledip?
Second, Devotos's Devotion in this build give only MS and some chaos res, have you think about other helmets? I dunno, The Gull maybe?

Re: Le Haup's is an interesting option. I'd be worried about losing too much life as a 7% maximum life replacement jewel for hidden potential would still leave the build ~300+ hp short of prior state.

Re: helm, the Gull is definitely a fun alternative - I've run one with one a lot this league.
Leveled to 93-94 running mostly Shaped Strands using the following MF gear.

Divination Distillate is optional - the way to use it is to temporarily turn off a curse (e.g. Enfeeble) right before activating the flask.

I'd recommend a set-up such as the following for farming breaches/Shaped Strands (lvl 11 or below).

Last edited by atlassound on Mar 20, 2017, 10:44:58 AM
"
Tet_Ragon wrote:

Hi, I'm now running with a single Le Haup ring for my MF set-up with no hidden potential. At 5,000 life - I can comfortably run rare Shaped Strand maps - will try to level from 94 to 95 with this set-up.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Updated to include 2.6 Shaper, Chayula videos.

Removed the Mind Over Matter passive tree option. After extensive testing, I recommend going without the MOM nodes.
The talent tree link is broken I think.

If you have time to answer, why do you recommend going without MoM? Danger of being on zero mana because the mana leech isn't instant? The huge mana pool from Pledge seems really synergistic.
MOM is doable, if you have unreserved mana of at least 41% of your life which can be accomplished with the build.

However, the three cons to MOM are:

1. You sacrifice damage/life nodes
2. You cannot use instant-curse via blasphemy/reserved mana curses. Instead, the method of cursing is less reliable & not instant e.g. via CWDT.
3. Running out of mana can still be a problem at times.

My general feeling is that you kill monsters so fast with no-MOM anyways - better offense & curses = better defense at the end of the day.

That said, another character (JustWantsMyBody) used MOM to take the build to level 93 hardcore so it's a viable option.

I'll fix the passive links - thanks.
Added new Shaper kill videos:

Shaper Kill - Deathless - 5148 HP
https://youtu.be/VB8sAcS5xvI

Another Shaper Deathless Run - including Mini-boss fights - 5148 HP
https://youtu.be/7Tiw_fkRhEw
Last edited by atlassound on Apr 6, 2017, 4:29:00 PM
Hey his build is GREAT and I'm having a ton of fun with it. Could you possibly link the jewels you are using with each build? that would be VERY helpful ;)

Best,

EDTAKILLER

P.S. Here is MY current Lvl 88 Gear:

Hi ! I'm leveling a marauder following this build and then i went to use Edge of Madness with cyclone.
The clearspeed is amazing and i was thinking about using your build but with a cyclone setup and this sword since it sounds pretty huge at high level.

What do you think about it ? I could go for a juggernaut ascendancy using unyelding - unflinching - unrelenting - unstoppable, i have no mana issues atm, using Praxis ring and warlord's mark + blasphemy. Blade vortex + cwdt + fortify to have the 30% dmg buff from uneylding and no vaal pact to enjoy the life regeneration.

Anyway, thanks for this build, looks great !

EDIT : sry about my poor english : /
EDIT 2 : here is the tree i could use
EDIT 3 : another edit ! instead of cwdt blade vortex i could use it self cast and link it to fortify + curse on hit + vulnerability, cheaper than your gloves and with the duration nodes it means you just have to cast it once every 10 sec or so. Another option would be to 5 link it ( in the chest ?) and use both CwdT - CoH to get fortify + the 3rd curse.
Last edited by Zunova on Apr 11, 2017, 6:23:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info