Because of ((((inflation))))) PoE is no longer F2P and SC is the new HC

Stash tabs which were once a convenience are now mandatory. End game is basically being the riches player. After reaching a certain level with all things being equal the player with the biggest pocket is truly a master of his/her craft.

Being able to store vast amount of legacy items and currency provides bigger opportunities. There are now stash stabs that are specifically for currency. Now is this bad news... No. The game is now growing and will continue to grow. However I feel the philosophy placed when this game was in infancy no longer applies.

It's time for new philosophy... A new fresh ideal.

May the richest player win!!!

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2017, 3:00:24 PM
Legacy items. Lul.

Solwitch thread. Lul.
U MAD?
U clearly don't know what f2p is don't you?
and how is softcore the new hardcore exactly? :')
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Last edited by satanttin on Jan 16, 2017, 1:23:17 PM
Another... Solwitch thread.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Legacy items have depreciated value greatly with a few minor exceptions.

Anyone even remember when crap like bor and thunderfist were nerfed in the first place?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Legacy items have depreciated value greatly with a few minor exceptions.

Anyone even remember when crap like bor and thunderfist were nerfed in the first place?

BoR was way ahead of its time, so it suffered for being such an easy pseudo 7L with great stats. 5L was a pain back then and 6L was like a lottery. Facebreaker and to some extent Soul Taker took advantage of this and built up a hype around the helm. Of course, I think these three items got nerfed at the same time. lol

Edit: Forgot BoR took another nerf later on during the global block nerf which hurt a good amount of 1h + shield builds. Dual-wielding did not suffer much from this with the exception Ungil's Gauche taking a bit of hit. That was such a good stat stick back then. :P

As for Thunderfist, it was the whole LG or a really good rare bow with the glove + Kaom's Heart + Wake of Destruction boot combo that made LA an obvious skill to use. Since Kaom's Heart had so much flat life, you can afford to use the gloves and boots to boost your DPS even more without much of a drawback (with the exception of resistances, but back then you were able to reserve a lot of auras, so that was not an issue either). Thunderfist gave the build a really good 5L option on top of what it already provided from the stats.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 16, 2017, 2:15:53 PM
Ugh... how Dare they cram so much content in the game that 4 tabs are starting to be a juggle. Free A Tab For Universal Cultural Knowledge movement initiated, hastag- wait.
Second-class poe gamer
I mean a certain aspect of his incoherent rant is true. The new endgame in PoE is accumulating as much wealth as humanly possible.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I agree and I dislike it.

The game has became way too centered around trading.

I don't mind trading. But I don't like the fact that it's taking the vast majority of my playtime. It's annoying and frustrating. Watching prices. Checking streamers. Watching the meta. Checking reddit for new builds. Flipping currency. Selling challenges. Buying challenges. Being careful not to get scammed while scamming others.

Fuck that.
Last edited by apoapo1235 on Jan 16, 2017, 3:33:02 PM
"
apoapo1235 wrote:
I agree and I dislike it.

The game has became way too centered around trading.

I don't mind trading. But I don't like the fact that it's taking the vast majority of my playtime. It's annoying and frustrating. Watching prices. Checking streamers. Watching the meta. Checking reddit for new builds. Flipping currency. Selling challenges. Buying challenges. Being careful not to get scammed while scamming others.

Fuck that.

If trading is taking up the majority of your playtime, you're doing it wrong.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info