Constantly losing drops in permanent allocation to other players

I instantly loved this thread because :

"- the item dropped from you destroying breakables (like vases), item doesn't get allocated then"

Been playing for some time had no idea.
Second-class poe gamer
"
pr13st wrote:
I instantly loved this thread because :

"- the item dropped from you destroying breakables (like vases), item doesn't get allocated then"

Been playing for some time had no idea.

Some of us have never seen that happen, ie. I get chaos or vaals all the time from breakables and nobody else in the group seems to go for it so I assume they allocate and I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff allocate to my gf when we ran vaults of atziri when we first started playing and accidentally had short or perm allocation on and the vases would have loot shaded out for each other. Depends on what the game coding defines as a drop since technically breakables don't drop anything but it makes more sense that the allocation assumes it is a drop since it was generated from the map area.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jan 18, 2017, 8:58:53 AM
"
Raye wrote:
Things that drop off screen is not allocated to anyone, but then again, you might not know if such drops are yours anyways.
Also, trying to pick stuff up with full inventory will drop it again with free allocation.
Those are the things I know about, but I never play in groups though.

Yes they are.

If PA, loot anywhere in the map is allocated to that party member. Doesn't matter if 1 screen away, or 10
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 18, 2017, 9:07:21 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Raye wrote:
Things that drop off screen is not allocated to anyone, but then again, you might not know if such drops are yours anyways.
Also, trying to pick stuff up with full inventory will drop it again with free allocation.

Yes they are.

If PA, loot anywhere in the map is allocated to that party member. Doesn't matter if 1 screen away, or 10

If that's not the case, then I'm back to wondering why drops were being shaded as mine, yet being picked up my buddy. Neither of us dropped it, neither of us picked it up and failed to pick it up. It dropped from a mob while off-screen, we both ran for it, he made it to me before me, I was like "Uhh, that was odd, how could you pick up a drop that was shaded for me". And then it proceeded to happen several more times over the course of a few days.
"
Starwulf wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Raye wrote:

Yes they are.

If that's not the case, then I'm back to wondering why drops were being shaded as mine, yet being picked up my buddy. Neither of us dropped it, neither of us picked it up and failed to pick it up. It dropped from a mob while off-screen, we both ran for it, he made it to me before me, I was like "Uhh, that was odd, how could you pick up a drop that was shaded for me". And then it proceeded to happen several more times over the course of a few days.

Only 2 cases:

1) What item was it? Certain items are not PA'd (some white items, etc)

2) Your friend might have accidentally had Short Allocation on
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 18, 2017, 10:06:56 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Raye wrote:

Yes they are.

This is flat out wrong. If it drops while no one is in range, it's unallocated. Play with a totem sparker or somebody else who clears stuff far away from all the players and you'll see it.

Sometimes stuff from breakables would be unallocated if broken by a spell, but I thought that was fixed. Haven't noticed it in a long time.

Only nitpick I have with your OP is that you say items are clearly yours. Well, unallocated stuff looks the same to everybody. The person who picked it up saw it exactly the same way you did. If he said it was clearly his, would you agree with him?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jan 18, 2017, 10:12:04 AM
Edit:removed
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 18, 2017, 10:15:56 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Raye wrote:

Yes they are.

This is flat out wrong. If it drops while no one is in range, it's unallocated. Play with a totem sparker or somebody else who clears stuff far away from all the players and you'll see it.

Sometimes stuff from breakables would be unallocated if broken by a spell, but I thought that was fixed. Haven't noticed it in a long time.

Only nitpick I have with your OP is that you say items are clearly yours. Well, unallocated stuff looks the same to everybody. The person who picked it up saw it exactly the same way you did. If he said it was clearly his, would you agree with him?

Range is very subjective here. I've done public farming on Dried Lake PA and heard an exalt drop from 2-3 screens away and I WAS DEFINITELY out of range and it was still allocated for me.

If by "character not in the map" range, then yeah, duh.
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 18, 2017, 10:17:28 AM
"
Raye wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
Range is very subjective here. I've done public farming on Dried Lake PA and heard an exalt drop from 2-3 screens away and I WAS DEFINITELY out of range and it was still allocated for me.

Strange example. If it was public, how do you know if was allocated to you? Because no one went for it as fast as you? You asked everyone?
Also, of screen free allocation has been reported dozens of times here, and acknowledged by Mark at some point, but there might be more conditions than just distance.

Because I'm pretty sure if an exalt dropped and I was 3-5 screens away it would have been looted already LMAO.
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Raye wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Strange example. If it was public, how do you know if was allocated to you? Because no one went for it as fast as you? You asked everyone?
Also, of screen free allocation has been reported dozens of times here, and acknowledged by Mark at some point, but there might be more conditions than just distance.

Because I'm pretty sure if an exalt dropped and I was 3-5 screens away it would have been looted already LMAO.

To add on to Raye, as far as I ever heard unofficially/semi-officially by proxy, 2 screens away is the distance it will take into consideration who gets allocated stuff at that given point of a drop. We all can have different sized screens though easily. So when I always heard 2 screens away, to me it was pretty objective just not my laptop screen size at 15.6 inches. Just the other day I bought 2 23 in monitors and am running them instead of my laptop screen (actually laptop screen never shows anything, probably not designed to handle HDMI and a VGA as well as the main screen all at the same time). I can probably get PoE to stretch along both monitors if I wanted to, but I highly doubt that changes the allocation distance in the slightest, if anything, people with 34+ in ultrawidescreen monitors can probably physically see where drops stop including them in the allocation.

Edit: Just stretched windowed PoE across the 2 screens. Think I'm gonna puke. Orientation just completely f's with my head.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jan 18, 2017, 11:30:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info