So after they remove double dipping does PoE become all-crit-all-the-time again?

"

I would agree to an extent. However, if given a choice between buffing initial hits vs a DOT, the DOT rarely wins. Why wait around to kill stuff when you can one shot it? That's the only issue i see with what you have stated.

I think the removal of DD will just bury a lot of builds that players chose incidently while stacking other offense.

Seriously, who is going to waste time and currency for a "burning damage" build when there are builds like Blade Flurry Crit or HoWA that oneshot on initial hit?

Although seperating scaling creates more choices, it won't feel like a choice as the non-instant kill meta is a tough thing to revive. Simply put: we're used to oneshotting things, we will always find a method to continue that playstyle, so player builds will silo even more than they currently do.

(at least in my opinion)

What relevance does double dipping have if you already one-shot targets?

Double dipping becomes mostly relevant on high-end targets and the Dot's usually facilitate utility in those situations.(movement and positioning)

I'm pretty sure a low impact fireball build would still one-shot white mobs if the build focused on ignite. But on rares/unique's and map bosses the ignite could be the most relevant part of it's damage portion.

The biggest "problem" is that mods exist that negate the secondary damage sources (immunity to shock/freeze/ignite + bleed/blind/poison)
These would have to be reworked or removed in case they implement what i am saying.

Because in that situation it simply becomes an issue of "build A cant run map mod X and build B has no map mods to negate it"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I suggest making all t13+ bosses immune to crit multipliers and poison/chaos. Bet people would become creative even more.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
I suggest making all t13+ bosses immune to crit multipliers and poison/chaos. Bet people would become creative even more.

Ppl are already salty because of immunities. Adding more would be madness.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Necromael wrote:

I suggest making all bosses of all tiers have 99% damage resistance. Bet people would become more creative then.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 16, 2017, 12:45:05 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:

I suggest making all bosses of all tiers have 99% damage resistance. Bet people would become more creative then.

If by creative you mean making 20 aps builds.

Yup, people would do that.

:)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
That was sarcasm more than anything. Making things crit immune is petty awful game balancing.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Removing double dip isn't going to change much. You will still have generic modifiers apply. Like ignite being buffed by fire, burning, elemental and damage nodes. Removing double dipping would only change the handful of cases that have the same modifier apply again to a total because reasons. Poison, minion damage and some others have this with some interactions.
"
Boem wrote:

What this would imply, is a more direct engagement of the characters primary offense, either focus on initial hits and use secondary effects as a bonus or lower the initial hit but scale the secondary effect exponentially from there on out.

Makes sense - IF they'll remove boss immune mechanics.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
People talking like balance is good now... imortals running to stop in front of boss and do 1kk dps like nothing.

If developers will change mechanics and status, this new balance need be good to progress with challenge and fun. This is basic. Let´s wait more info. No panic.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
They said they will remove DD in 3.0. I guess all the generalist damage items will be removed. e.g. "damage" "elemental damage" "area damage" Fire damage no longer burn would need burning damage too.

Is there a official annoucement? Its this true? Or just shittalk?
--- TEMPUS FUGIT ---

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info