Have droprates been changed?

I am certain that remnants of corruption are way more common now and i do think that exalted orbs drop more frequently (due to the rarity of this event this might be a case of onyxia uses her deep breath more often, though). Did I miss any announcements/patch notes?
Last edited by Faendris on Jan 15, 2017, 9:52:26 AM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2017, 11:40:50 AM
Well, I can only speak for myself and not the drop rates, but 3 remnants of corruptions dropped for me this weekend. Certainly more than usual, but if it's just a spike or a change in droprates is impossible for me to know. I doubt the latter.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 15, 2017, 10:00:58 AM
It seems to me that Chaos Orbs are dropping more often than they used to, but it could just be breaches rolling a lot more currency than normal.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
found 2 Remnants Of Corruption and even a Divine recently.
no Exalted Orbs for over 1.5 years and counting.

RNG.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
found 2 Remnants Of Corruption and even a Divine recently.
no Exalted Orbs for over 1.5 years and counting.

RNG.

16 exalts dropped this season, all time personal record (previous was 9) and only 4 divines...RNG (in the good way !!!)
Ok. Think. Please.

If you come to the forums and say "Has anyone noticed that X is happening more often?" People who have had X more often are more likely to reply. This will reinforce your idea that they might have increased their drop rates. THIS IS NOT HOW TO DO STATISTICS! Learn that. If you're really interested in answering that question, you need to do some basic hypothesis testing. If you don't know how... take a statistics course at your local JC.
still players discovering what is RNG in 2017 ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Ok. Think. Please.

If you come to the forums and say "Has anyone noticed that X is happening more often?" People who have had X more often are more likely to reply. This will reinforce your idea that they might have increased their drop rates. THIS IS NOT HOW TO DO STATISTICS! Learn that. If you're really interested in answering that question, you need to do some basic hypothesis testing. If you don't know how... take a statistics course at your local JC.

I am quite good at thinking, thank you. And yes, I do know how to do statistics. I posted, since I suspect that at least the drop rate of remnants has change significantly and that there might be a change in the overall drop rate.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Ok. Think. Please.

I love thinking. I do it every day. Ok... Almost every day.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
GGG has stated that they frequently adjust the drop rates on currency, probably as a response to the market, so it's not impossible that they have been changed.

However it is unlikely you will notice anything different, this is all down to RNG (and confirmation bias in this thread)
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
Last edited by Gilgamesjh on Jan 15, 2017, 10:45:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info