Have droprates been changed?

"
Hallsttattian wrote:
@RandallPOE (i'm too lazy to edit 3 quotes so I can quote you directly)

Here you go

https://youtu.be/0e7OKbkXruk?t=2199
Damn I should of keep reading. I scrolled through years of my youtube history to find it and you already posted it.
They tweak drops every league and during.

Often drops are very high the first day and the last week.
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
"
Faendris wrote:
I am certain that remnants of corruption are way more common now and i do think that exalted orbs drop more frequently (due to the rarity of this event this might be a case of onyxia uses her deep breath more often, though). Did I miss any announcements/patch notes?

Yeah the drop rate has been increased. When you stop getting exalted orbs that means the drop rate was reduced. This is how it works, right ? lol

"
"
Random is a coin toss. 50/50. That's pure random. Setting a probability of 5% or 1% is not random. Maybe take a stats class. Or who needs education anyway when you're a keyboard warrior right...

Huh?

50/50 = 50% chance

1/100 = 1% chance

1/20 = 5% chance

Where did you read that random = 50/50? Probability and randomness are slightly different beasts as one focuses more on the outcome and the other the process to achieve that outcome.

A lot of stuff in this game is weighted rng (i.e. +1 curse vaaling)...if it were equal chance then it would be fair...but i guess all is fair in love and POE.

We are not talking about chance, we are talking about Rng. RANDOM number generator. Random is 50% of the time. That is totally random because think about it, half the time x can happen, half the time why. If you were a betting man, which would you bet on? Either because both have the exact same probability of occuring. If something was 49:51, you'd be a fool to take the 49% odds, just on math alone you'd lose. So when people post up RNG is RNG, like that's a thing, they don't actually understand how probabilities work, they just say it to be cool and troll and have a voice. The lottery is no more random than the probability of getting hit by a car while driving to work, which is no more random than getting attacked by a shark while surfing. Probabilities are probabilities, random is random.

Where did I get that 50/50 is true random? University? Go talk to my stats prof. He's got like a phd and junk...

Where do you think RNG comes from? You think some guy just built an algorithm? Like that? Poof, you have RNG? You ever wonder where these systems are built and what exactly makes them random? Because human beings don't do random. Even in randomness we see patterns, we are just that type of species. We just don't process random, like at all. Write out a random sequence of single digit numbers. After a little bit, you'll start writing patterns and will have to consciously break those patterns. We can't even really comprehend random because our minds work through categorization and pattern recognition.

This guy built an RNG from alpha-decay: https://techtransfer.universityofcalifornia.edu/NCD/20647.html

In any case, I find it amusing that everyone just inherently trusts RNG, like it's a perfect, infallible system free from bugs or even fundamental flaws.

Then you have articles like: http://www.twicecircled.com/2c/design-analysis-randomness-in-games/ that talk about true randomness (he uses the same example I did above, flipping a coin) and random ordering (which is what GGG uses). People really really really hate true randomness and when it comes to games like this, true randomness would suck balls. That's why GGG manipulates drops into categories (T3 to T1) and then further adjusts probability within those parameters. To control content but also to keep people playing.

It's actually pretty complex to introduce RNG into a game and not have people either feel like they are getting a free ride, or being robbed or feeling like they don't even know what the hell is going on. You ever farm for something in a grinding game and never see it, and then one day you see 5? Messing with probabilities causes some strange things. Some of those are just people's minds trying to hunt for patterns but some are bugs in the system or even flaws in how that particular RNG was created.

There's a lot more than RNG is RNG man.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Jan 16, 2017, 11:23:52 PM
"
found 2 Remnants Of Corruption and even a Divine recently.
no Exalted Orbs for over 1.5 years and counting.

RNG.

FUCK TROLL LIES!!!
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
"
"
found 2 Remnants Of Corruption and even a Divine recently.
no Exalted Orbs for over 1.5 years and counting.

RNG.

FUCK TROLL LIES!!!

Which part you think he is lying about? almost 2 years in POE and never seen an Exalt drop, nor Remnants so yes some poeple/accounts have that....so it can't be that?! or do you really have no clue what RNG is?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info