[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

in my opinion, as soon as you can use Ngamahu's axe you should switch to cyclone
Hey op, Im trying to figure out some things..
I feel overwhelm by the amount of skill trees you posted on the build :D.

im following the "League Starter Using Avatar of Fire - Without Xoph's Blood" passive tree and i cant understand why would we want avatar of fire.
wont avatar of fire make us do 0 phys damage? and if so, wont it "ruine" the headsman ascendancy (because its 50% phys reflect).

help me understand please.
hello
really nice build and i love it so far
I have a quick question unless i am blind i cannot see which pantheon god you recommand for it
Thanks
Hi.

I am very confused with this build.
If you could clarify some of my question I would be very happy :)
here we go:

1. first we were using blood magic support with cyclone. but looking at your lvl 75 tree and you do not have blood magic node nor the mana leech node. and you dont seem to be using blood magic gem either???

2. some items you have are pure armor and some are pure evasion. so we are not trying to max one like get armor and ignore rest.

3. right now I am using your build or I thought I was and got %75+ resist in everything(except chaos %25+), 5k armor and all my items gives life and still have life 3k life and some random mobs 1 hit kills me. :(
I feel like there is something wrong.
btw not trying to do end game maps, just leveling.

also here is my path of building link maybe it helps clear things https://pastebin.com/PmpbaL3L

would appreciate any thing or if you tell me what I might be doing wrong.

thank you and may all your drops be epic.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Sygmasf wrote:
can i ask something that might be really stupid? in the fire chicken axe setup, how 6 support gems not linked are gonna help? o.O

Someone has answered you but you literally made me laugh with your Fire Chicken axe. :D

"
Sygmasf wrote:
another question, when i reached level 27 i completed the 0-25 passive skill tree (i kill all bandits and got the 2 more passives) so, where are those 2 more passive points?

With the new changes to skill point rewards, the skill tree might be a few points off the record. You can check out quest rewards on wiki to see if you have completed all skill book quests. If you do, you will eventually reach the correct number of points when you hit level 90.

you're awesome man! thank you for the help <3
"
cevdetarkun wrote:
Hi.

here we go:

1. first we were using blood magic support with cyclone. but looking at your lvl 75 tree and you do not have blood magic node nor the mana leech node. and you dont seem to be using blood magic gem either???

2. some items you have are pure armor and some are pure evasion. so we are not trying to max one like get armor and ignore rest.

3. right now I am using your build or I thought I was and got %75+ resist in everything(except chaos %25+), 5k armor and all my items gives life and still have life 3k life and some random mobs 1 hit kills me. :(

also here is my path of building link maybe it helps clear things https://pastebin.com/PmpbaL3L

You have a lot of uncececery damage nodes. In your place i would spec out o:
3 melee damage nodes at the beggining
Spliting, Executioner, Hemothopagy.
And start routing towards avatar of the fire while picking up:
Sancity, Discipline and training, Retribution, Amplify, Elementalist.. Check rest in build guide.

Like this you'll lose some DPS, but avatar of fire will be more than enough to compensate for it.

You need life on amulet and boots, more life on belt wouldn't hurt too.

Switch blood magic with "elemental damage with weapons" and sustain your cyclone with mana leech or even MP pot.
Last edited by JuztBe on Aug 9, 2017, 8:45:53 AM
Why leveling trees of the same level cap are different? I mean poeplanne vs pathofexile site?
One has hatchet master other versatility.
"
Spooo wrote:
Thanks for the in-depth guide. I was able to purchase some nice items to secure myself. I'm in Hardcore and i'm not sure how to proceed in the best way from where i stand currently. Is there someone who is doing a similar build in Hardcore that could give me some advice? I feel very unoptimised atm.

Running blasphemy enfeeble + temp chains with doedres ring, i switch to sybils for ele reflect maps
Colouring my jack to 3 red is also in the works, i might sell it and buy the recommended chest.
I also have a devoto's ready just need to figure out my resists, will also wise oak.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Any help would be great!

Your characters hidden but based on your gears, instead of running Carcass Jack in hardcore, you can certainly consider running Belly of the Beast for more life pool. With Enfeeble, if your life pool is 7000, your effective life pool will be at least 9000. If you look at @Bymen's easeClone guy, he has over 9000 life. With Enfeeble, his effective life is 11700.

On your flasks, it is better to roll anti-freeze on quick silver. This is because having it on life flask, the effective immunity period is cancelled once your life is filled up. However, having it on quick silver flask, you will be immune to freeze while it is still in effect.

You don't need anti-bleed flask because Brutal Frevor makes you immune to it.

Replace your Jade flask with Granite flask of Warding. It is very useful.

Though Sibyl is great for elemental reflect map, I would advice you to re-roll the map if elemental reflect shows up. Afterall, you only live once in hardcore. ;)

"
I am sorry if I am missing something. But from the video and tree, it seem you only have minimal hp, less than 6k. How can you survive with such low hp? Izaro nuke is about 10k and many mpb can hit for 5k
Also, how can you sustain with such minimal investment into leech? I know Slayer can help a bit but from my experience even with 6% leech and 35% leech cap I am still having problem with Izaro

Once you have Ngamahu's Flame, you will have enough damage to get sufficient leech. Slayer's Endless Hunger allows you to leech continuously even when your life is filled.

When it comes to Izaro fight. Always cyclone around him and you will be able to avoid most of his attacks.

"
Malogrek wrote:
When can i run cyclone without totally tanking my mana without mana rings

You will switch to cyclone once you have and able to use Ngamahu's Flame.

"
NvMe208 wrote:
What is more important on Ngamahu a high attack speed roll or a high physical roll?

for example 210 phys to 220 or 8 as to 11 as?

At least 10% attack speed and pDPS of at least 400.

"
Bmxant wrote:
Trying to roll RRRGB on Bronn's is not fun.

Definitely. The easiest way I found is via Vorici's bench but it can still cost a bit to roll the right colors.

"
rav3nspirit wrote:
Hello, I have just switched from phys cyclone to Ngamahu with Avatar of Fire keystone and now that I deal no phys dmg I've noticed my leech went down drastically. My cyclone tooltip dps is around 25-40k so I think low damage shouldn't be the reason. Do you have any advices to get more leech which works with fire damage? Since I can't use Hematophagy keystone anymore, not even leech from Carnage Heart applies... (You can check my character KureciStehno on Harbinger league for gear)

And also I want to ask if it could we worth to take Impact from uber lab ascendancy points instead of Brutal Fervour? Since we are stun immune anyways and bleed is easily managed by a flask, I see much bigger advantage in the pretty decent aoe bonus from Impact. But of course I don't know how big are these 100% increased leech per second and 10% max leech rate bonuses...

Thanks for the answers! :)

Ensure you are using the correct gems when you switch to Avatar of Fire. It uses the same gems setup as Xoph's Blood.

Checking your skill tree, you have not picked up Point Blank. Get that and you will be able to leech better from Molten Burst.

Also ensure you have 4 jewel sockets from the tree as they provide great damage and life % boost to the build.

Devoto's helm is a great plus to the build. You will want to switch to that helm.

On your rare slots, each rare item should have at least 60 life rolled on it. The higher the rolls, the more you will benefit from the skill tree.

Aim for 6000 life when you hit level 90.

And roll 6 sockets on your Ngamahu. You are missing a lot of damage there. :)

"
JuztBe wrote:

Not sure about the leech, I was sunder before I swtiched to cyclone, so not sure how much leech there was with phy build.

20% aoe isn't much. And waisting acsendancy points just for that doesn't seem well spent points. And those leech rate passives from Brutal F are good. Without them your leech would be even worse.

Besides Headsman, there is no other better place to spend the last 2 points on. :)

"
dreaf1 wrote:
Hi, can u tell me when u should start using cyclone? I'm lvling with sunder right now and it seems ok.

You can switch to Cyclone once you have Ngamahu's Flame and hit level 55.

"
huntsmon wrote:
Hey op, Im trying to figure out some things..
I feel overwhelm by the amount of skill trees you posted on the build :D.

im following the "League Starter Using Avatar of Fire - Without Xoph's Blood" passive tree and i cant understand why would we want avatar of fire.
wont avatar of fire make us do 0 phys damage? and if so, wont it "ruine" the headsman ascendancy (because its 50% phys reflect).

help me understand please.

This is because Ngamahu will convert 50% of your physical damage to fire and Avatar of Fire will convert the other 50%, giving you 100% fire damage and 0% physical damage.

With Flammability + Fire Penetration, you deal insane amount of fire damage to the monsters.

Yes you won't benefit from Headsman 50% physical reflect reduction but you still do benefit from the rest of what Headsman provide.

With 100% fire damage. You will only need to worry about elemental reflect. With Sibyl's Lament + Soul of Yugul + Primeval Force, you will have 70% elemental damage reduction.

"
millefeet wrote:
hello
really nice build and i love it so far
I have a quick question unless i am blind i cannot see which pantheon god you recommand for it
Thanks

Pantheon system is pretty situation based. But for general mapping, consider using: Soul of Lunaris (Major god) and Soul of Yugul (Minor god)

I will be updating Pantheon system into the guide. :)

"
cevdetarkun wrote:
Hi.

here we go:

Ans 1: You don't use Blood Magic support for Cyclone. There is no need for that once you hit level 55 and start using Ngamahu's Flame. Your damage is able to sustain the mana requirement the build needs.

Ans 2: 3000 armor is sufficient for the build since we will be using a Granite and Taste of Hate flasks. Evasion is good to evade some attacks. If you feel you need more armor, you can pick Iron Reflexes from the skill tree. That will convert your evasion rating to armor and you can easily have 7000 armor rating.

If you look at the screenshots that I provide for my Shaper and Uber Atziri kills, I only have 2700+ armor rating.

Ans 3: What @JuztBe said. You do not need Executioner and Hematophagy. Spend those points on life nodes as shown in the guide. With high life rolls on your rare gears, you will easily have 6000 life when you reach level 90.

"
Ovam wrote:
Why leveling trees of the same level cap are different? I mean poeplanne vs pathofexile site?
One has hatchet master other versatility.

poeplanner.com was down on a day before 3.0 went live and I have to recreate the skill trees using pathofexile.com based on what I remember. Thus, the difference.

I would say pathofexile.com is more recent and you can safely use that tree. :)
I haven't started the build yet, I'm still getting a bit more currency and I saw you said that you can use voidheart instead of xoph's blood and can't find the skill tree for that. Did I overlook it? Or is it the xoph's skill tree. Thanks in advance.
Xoph's blood costs 10ex on it's own right now, Xoph's heart is going for 4ex and a blessing of xoph is going for 60c so I think that would be a better option. You could try grinding it out by adding a breach mod to maps from Zana if you have the currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info