[2.5/2.6] Almost-lvl100 HC viable Fire Trap Elementalist

Jeah wantwd to ask same thing
Bayern des samma mia
Nice Build. :)

Even if it sucks to die at that point...the Rip was kinda glorious. ;) gg to the Beyonder and his timin.
I covered the order of nodes a little bit in the leveling section of the FAQ.
you want to grab the witch damage nodes and then get elemental overload, then head to templar and get everything there. then head to shadow. by the time you switch to fire trap, you want to have EE, hasty reconstruction, and clever construction. acro should be picked up once you're in t6+ maps because a granite flask is better until then.

uploaded a hydra kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-A_T7InKOI
I think this boss is farmable on HC with this character. shame I never tried him while I was still alive on breach HC, I thought minotaur would be easier so that was the one I unlocked on the atlas :(
Last edited by haste on Jan 6, 2017, 9:37:16 PM
What do you think of using a
instead of using Searing Touch? Would be missing on the burning damage but the staff has elemental damage and is a +3 to fire trap.

Also, I know it's then not the same build but what do you think about using the Realm Ender with Ice Trap instead of Fire trap? with cold to fire from the staff It's a 7L and using the amulet for Avatar of Fire :)
IG: LastBOSSop
I was inspired to try hidden potential after watching kripp's stream. From my understanding, hidden potential would scale the initial hit from fire trap, as well as ignite and the burning ground from fire trap, which should make for pretty good damage. So I was wondering if you think a hidden potential version of this build would work. Here's the proposed tree.

It's pretty much the same as yours, except I dropped some of the shadow nodes for some more ele resist near scion since capping ele resist with magic gear is going to be tough. I don't know how important the +1 trap node is, but from your videos you mostly seem to drop 1 trap at a time, so I imagine it's not that useful, and hidden potential makes up for the lost damage.

The gear should be pretty much the same, though I don't know if I should use xoph's heart or a magic amulet. Xoph's heart would give more damage but I might need stats/mana regen on the amulet.

Anyways, assuming I use xoph's heart, the helmet, gloves, boots, rings and belt can be magic, which is a 150% damage boost from hidden potential. I would probably look for life/resist rolls on each of them, which gives ~40*6 = 240 total ele resist. The tree gives 45% resist to each element, so to hit 135*3 = 405 total ele resist for merc (and also overcap to 169% on each element if possible), I will also run purity of elements instead of artic armor, which brings the total resists up to 456, assuming the resist on the gear is distributed properly to each element. Some resist on the jewels (5 sockets) or implicit in the items (two-toned boots, two-stone ring, etc) should bring the total up to 169*3 = 507.

Gem links are the same, except for purity of elements instead of arctic armor. Please let me know what you think!

Last edited by seikuu on Jan 9, 2017, 2:01:33 AM
What about two Doryanis Catalyst?
Good outside the box build. Nice to see some different stuff.
rip poe. brainless mach-3 infinite movement speed can suck a dick.
Is this still viable for 2.6?
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Is this still viable for 2.6?

yes

patch/tree changes that affect the build:
- fire trap aoe was buffed, but prolif aoe scaling was nerfed, so in the end the area coverage will probably be about the same overall
- Hex Master is now essential for temp chains blasphemy aoe. I picked it up pretty late (lvl96 or higher) but would suggest picking it up instead of life nodes before reaching red maps
- Berek's Respite is worth testing. if it works like Bino's poison spread it would drastically increase the clearspeed of this build
Really want to try this build in 2.6 SC though and would love it to be CI
IGN - @SlutOhMyy (Ambush)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info