Happy New Year! A 2016 Retrospective

"
launching Act 5 in the first half of the year

6 months is a wide amount of time, I guess that means that at worst, act 5 will be released in July, I very highly doubt it will be there this January, glad to hear it's announced regardless
"
our two largest ever expansions: Ascendancy and Atlas of Worlds

I understand Atlas of Worlds, but Ascendancy one of the largest? Ascendancy added Sub-Classes (only in stats, no character visuals) and the Labyrinth. That was larger than Act 3 or Act 4's releases?
"
Massively increased average game performance (by triple for many users)

After the engine multithreading addon, I felt a good improvement in performance but the later features seem to have reduced it for me, I'm pretty sure the game runs less well now than before (in DX9, DX11 is too buggy to be usable). I used to have texture quality and shadows maxed out but now I have both on low yet the game still appears to drop FPS a lot.

you also introduced more fog in areas of the game, making it REALLY ugly when it looked fine (hell, I wanted the purple fog after releasing Act 2's boss to be removed/changed)
Last edited by Coal48 on Jan 1, 2017, 11:36:52 PM
"
Massively increased average game performance (by triple for many users).

Is this a joke?

Simply it's not true. I'm using AMD Polaris video and this is the worst game and engine I ever experienced in my fuckin life. How is even possible. It looks like a nightmare(low fps drops, spikes). Like some of particle effects or lights or idk what but it drops framerate to like 10 fps. There is many demos of this crap in youtube. Some guy puts flares/lights in H/O and it start laggin the game. WHEN YOU will finally, really fix this?
When I'm mapping like 80% of the time frames are very very low. And sometime it drops to almost zero fps's. Please, please do something for AMD users!!!! At least post some tips for driver settings etc. I tried few things in Crimson (disable tessellation, put Shader Cache ON) but almost same. I'm using DX9 client with disabled shadows and AA, everything is on low except textures. I disable and CPU multithreading lately.
Do something for these fps drops! Idk are you guys even have a AMD based machine in your office? I dont know how is possible. I changed my video card from Nvidia GTX 560 to Sapphire Nitro RX 460 and the performance is like x10 times worst now (5++years old video card is better than new one even if is low class.You can see this only in this game!). I'm not saying that the NV GTX 560 is without any FPS issues but still alot better. And everything else on hardware is the same, I changed only the video.
Last edited by Joleco on Jan 1, 2017, 11:42:26 PM
Congrats GGG. Looking forward to more POE this year :)
What res is Chris crafting on his new beard?
GREAT WORK GGG! HAPPY NEW YEAR! HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED YOUR HOLIDAY! SORRY FOR YELLING IM JUST VERY HYPED!
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
Happy New Year, GGG! Keep up the amazing work! I'm looking forward to more great things from you guys.
"
Joleco wrote:
"
Massively increased average game performance (by triple for many users).

Is this a joke?

Simply it's not true. I'm using AMD Polaris video and this is the worst game and engine I ever experienced in my fuckin life. How is even possible. It looks like a nightmare(low fps drops, spikes). Like some of particle effects or lights or idk what but it drops framerate to like 10 fps. There is many demos of this crap in youtube. Some guy puts flares/lights in H/O and it start laggin the game. WHEN YOU will finally, really fix this?
When I'm mapping like 80% of the time frames are very very low. And sometime it drops to almost zero fps's. Please, please do something for AMD users!!!! At least post some tips for driver settings etc. I tried few things in Crimson (disable tessellation, put Shader Cache ON) but almost same. I'm using DX9 client with disabled shadows and AA, everything is on low except textures. I disable and CPU multithreading lately.
Do something for these fps drops! Idk are you guys even have a AMD based machine in your office? I dont know how is possible. I changed my video card from Nvidia GTX 560 to Sapphire Nitro RX 460 and the performance is like x10 times worst now (5++years old video card is better than new one even if is low class.You can see this only in this game!). I'm not saying that the NV GTX 560 is without any FPS issues but still alot better. And everything else on hardware is the same, I changed only the video.

Why aren't you using 64bit client and DX11 beta? It works like a charm with AMD. Particle effects no longer drops your fps that significantly. Even that bug that your GPU goes to 2D mode seems to be gone (it starts to behave like it's on stand by, so like 150Hz clock instead regular clock speed). Shader loading was slightly optimized which was usual the cause of game hick ups.
You are currently playing at worst possible settings, safe to say.

Only performance problem, rig unrelated, is the server lag when hitting too many targets. That is the thing you should complain about.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Happy New Year Chris! You and your team deserve our congratulations, the game is getting better every year! XD

By the way, u talked about new introductions: beside all the roguish ones, and Fishing? Would it get a patch note telling everything we need to know or this is just a Legend on the game? Really want to know man, because I got the 2 unique rods and I tried to catch some fish without success...Hope u tell me some good news Krillson! +)
Happy New Year GGG! ACT 5 HYPEEEEEEEEEEE!
Chris....whyyyyyyyyy
Otherwise realy realy big improvments u are doing mile steps here Keep it up!
https://www.twitch.tv/sober667

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info