[2.5] Dela's Beastmode CI Regen Inquisitor ALL CONTENT

"
nbriles2000 wrote:
Why isn't increased burning damage worth taking over fire pen?

bosses
and for othe matters damage is overkill anyway
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on May 2, 2017, 9:19:22 PM
I'm thinking of making this my final character of the league. Currently I have access to an Empower 4, but I'm no where near having enough currency to get level 21 gems for the rest. Would my damage still be good enough to get into Guardians with relative comfort to learn them?
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
I don't even think empower 4 is even optimal anymore. I think cold to fire replaced it after the pyre change. My links are vortex, chance to ignite, aoe, controlled destruction, cold to fire and fire pen.
So I've been playing around in path of building, trying to squeeze more damage out of the tree and I think I've come up with the most efficient way to increase our damage.
I've taken out the right side of the tree. The damage from that portion isn't great, you don't get a whole lot of es over there and the res can easily be made up on gear. The only thing I was struggling with taking out was the regen from Growth and Decay. If you really miss the regen, I would take out the Snowforged cluster and make up a point or two elsewhere (probably from attribute nodes, I just need them atm)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQFvCaoMUg18EVAV1xhWGF0YahqBGyUc3B0UHxghsCL0KPopiyqNLL8ulDLRNPc1uTbYPAU87z1fRUdJG0mxS65Ms1F0UftSKVJTVeBWSFZjV8lYB1haXGtmVGh0aPJsC20ZeC985X_GgDCCm4LHhEiFe4aui3qLjI8aj0aTJ5eFl5WX9JitmjubbpuhnHuf36EvoqOmmacIpyuouayYrfG0DLiTvorAZsCawcXDbcrTzRbQH9fP2CTZW9n82mLfhuL36QLquuvu7BjsOOxV7WHvfO-I7-vxbPfB99f5N_nd-ej60g==

I'm a bit confused, the op is using a cold to fire support along with a lvl4 empower. It was mentioned that if you had a lvl4 empower then drop the cold to fire and use fire penetration support. Now for fire immune fights, noticeably Pheonix, what gems would be optimal?
I'm thinking dropping chance to ignite and using elemental focus support for a start but is that cold to fire also waste in this fight? This is in standard using a legacy Pyre.
Thanks.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
I'm a bit confused, the op is using a cold to fire support along with a lvl4 empower. It was mentioned that if you had a lvl4 empower then drop the cold to fire and use fire penetration support. Now for fire immune fights, noticeably Pheonix, what gems would be optimal?
I'm thinking dropping chance to ignite and using elemental focus support for a start but is that cold to fire also waste in this fight? This is in standard using a legacy Pyre.
Thanks.

If you're using a legacy pyre there is no reason whatsoever to use cold to fire. Legacy fire converts 100% cold to fire. The new pyre only converts 70 or whatever so cold to fire is a must-have.
With legacy fire; empower 4 and fire pen are best. Never drop chance to ignite
Yea that's what i thought, was just wondering why op has cold to fire in his standard setup using a legacy pyre, thanks for the responce
"
nbriles2000 wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Thanks.

If you're using a legacy pyre there is no reason whatsoever to use cold to fire. Legacy fire converts 100% cold to fire. The new pyre only converts 70 or whatever so cold to fire is a must-have.
With legacy fire; empower 4 and fire pen are best. Never drop chance to ignite

New Pyre converts 40% cold to fire. Legacy converts 100%. OP stated that Fire Pen over Cold to Fire is probably better against bosses and I tend to agree. However, Cold to Fire also gains 29% cold damage as extra fire damage. OP does also state that for general mapping, keeping Cold to Fire along with Emp 4 results in quicker clearing. Generally, I don't swap in Fire Pen until T15 bosses....just coz I'm lazy hehehe.

Guardian of the Phoenix and Argus cannot be ignited; so why not swap chance to ignite for elemental focus? (For now, that is. GGG may be considering lifting immunities from bosses in 3.0)

OFC, with the upcoming double dip changes, much of this may become moot. I, for one, will play around with this in 3.0 to see how the changes feel.

17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
This build is going to need a massive overhaul for 3.0. most of the existing damage mechanics will no longer work. It all depends how easy it is to get burning damage on the tree.

Having 6 ex in LHC is enough to get me started?
Last edited by NukeFonKillazz on May 22, 2017, 2:20:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info