[2.5/2.6] Beginner's Elementalist Dual Flameblast Totems

And whats About the Bandit´s,

what i need to do exacly to do all the way up right.
Don´t want to Skill bad or Use the wrong things

It´s my first time in PoE and Sorry for the Dump Question´s

Dear sarah
Thanks for your build guide, I got a question. do this build viable with chaos inoculation
node ?

as I see in your skill maps it's just 10 clicks away from CI nodes.

Is CI gameplay somehow would make this build harder to play ?

"
CptKlyza wrote:

Dear sarah

Hello Sarah!

I think I understand what you mean here. For spells it's important that the spell gem itself be leveled up as high as your stat points will allow. Generally, you want to level up all your gems as far as they will go. The exception here being a Cast When Damage Taken setup when you want it to trigger more frequently, so you will keep the level lower to make it proc more often. But for your skill, like Flameblast/Firestorm, you want to level it up as soon as it can be leveled up, all the way to level 20.

"
CptKlyza wrote:

Dear sarah

I'm very sorry, I don't think I quite understand what you're asking about here. I did make a section for the Bandits and generally, for a life build, you want to Help Oak in normal for the added life, Help Alira in Cruel difficulty for the added cast speed, and kill all three in Merciless for the added skill point as charges are beyond the scope of this guide and are a more advanced mechanic.

I do hope I was able to answer your question! My apologies for any delay, work has been not so friendly to my PoE playing schedule.
"
schnster wrote:
Thanks for your build guide, I got a question. do this build viable with chaos inoculation
node ?

as I see in your skill maps it's just 10 clicks away from CI nodes.

Is CI gameplay somehow would make this build harder to play ?

Given the game's current meta, yes, I would imagine that a CI variant would be viable, but CI would benefit more from different ascendancy classes, and we benefit far too much from the elementalist. You could definitely make it work, it would probably be a bit more powerful and defensive than a life-based build, if you are experienced with CI and understand the mechanics, but CI would not be something I would recommend for a beginner.

:)
"
nord501 wrote:
I'm using this build, and as a beginner, I think it is very good. Thanks.

Very glad you found it useful! Thank you for the kind words, Mr. Nord. :)
When do I switch from FireStorm to FlameBlast?
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:
When do I switch from FireStorm to FlameBlast?

I believe I made mention of this in the progression of the Skill Trees if you open them up.

Ideally you want to be around level 55 (A fair amount of players are usually in Merciless Ledge area or in Act 4 Cruel) to make use of some of the better wands that provide cast speed; around 18-22% Increased Cast Speed per wand (you want two). This allows you to offset the cast speed penalty of the totem and increases the accuracy of the Flameblast cast by the Totem by allowing them to reach maximum stacks faster and doesn't allow most enemies to walk out of the area of effect.

You are, of course, free to do so later or earlier if you feel comfortable, but it's generally recommended that you grab the Ancestral Bond once you have a fair amount of cast speed from the two wands. You can get similar wands sooner, but they can't roll as high because of the mod "of prestidigitation" which can roll a higher tier of Increased Cast Speed isn't available on lower level wands, but it's fairly uncommon. You should be able to find wands which serve this purpose for cheap on poe.trade.

:)

Edit: My apologies, it was in my Required Items section.

"
The great thing about this build is that it doesn't have any items required to make it work well. Though there are two generic rare wands that I would recommend to get before switching to Flameblast and picking up Ancestral Bond.

Generally, you would want to switch around level 55. Reason for this is because that is the level requirement for Heathen Wand which has a 8% cast speed implicit coupled with the suffix "of Prestidigitation" which will roll an additional 17-19% cast speed. The Pagan Wand also has an 8% Cast Speed implicit and it is available at lower levels (Level 34). If you are able to find a few of these with suitable amounts of cast speed then you can transition into Flameblast totems a bit earlier but certain suffix tiers have a higher level requirement.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wands

A few wands like these (See the previous page for examples) with something like 18+% Cast Speed each will greatly enhance the speed at which your totems cast Flameblast and reach that 10 stack limit. This is why we generally want to wait before transitioning into totems because our cast speed won't be high enough for it to feel really comfortable. You are welcome to experiment as you'd like; some people will find Totems work just fine without them. That is entirely up to the individual and their preferences.
Last edited by JamesMMA on Feb 18, 2017, 7:30:23 PM
Finally a build for players like me. I seldom buy gear (once or twice in 4 years), so I use what drops and most of the builds require this or that times 3 or more. Love that you showed alternate items, but focused on the stuff anyone can find by playing. Tested it on a character I had at 85 already with a passive reset. Lots of fun and does pretty nicely. Did merc lab with only a few leveled gems and it was fairly easy. I was lucky and had a 5 link Carcass Jack, so I will see what happens in the new league. The build also leaves room to add another skill set or so, cool. I am running 2 CWDTs. One low level with a summons skeleton and Arctic Breath for distractions and a high level with Immortal Call. Plus I added a Vaal Haste and Summon Skeletons for bosses and tough monsters. Also, I put in the Conc Effect gem and really didn't see that much drop in clear speed with trash mobs, so I leave it there. It helps me not forgetting to swap on bosses. This will be one of the builds I will use in the SSF league coming up. Good job and thanks.
Last edited by DethApproaches on Feb 20, 2017, 11:58:40 PM
Thank you so much for this guide! As a returning and new player this helped a lot. Quick question will you be making a similar guide for 2.6?
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:
Thank you so much for this guide! As a returning and new player this helped a lot. Quick question will you be making a similar guide for 2.6?

I will certainly try! At the very least I will do my best to keep this one updated as it still seems to be a pretty good starter build for new leagues. I also don't think the new patch notes, at least from what I read, change it that much, if at all. I'll have to test it with my dead character to see how much of a difference it makes, but it doesn't seem to be significant, and certainly not build breaking. I'm just very happy that it was actually useful to people. I'm very glad it was able to help you enjoy the game! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info