[2.5/2.6] Beginner's Elementalist Dual Flameblast Totems

I've been following this build in the beta after trying the inquisitor version and for the cheap gear I got, I prefer this version with the elementalist ascendancy far more! The damage output is just better if you don't have some good crit gear for the inq and I also like the survivability better.

I'm sitting at 165% increased cast speed right now and the clear speed is pretty great for a totem build. I can safely/deathless do up to tier 9 maps at lvl 70 with 3,5k life and with gear that would've been maybe 5-6 chaos in a normal league (I payed about 30c in the beta because well... the beta econ isn't great).

One thing I switched up while leveling is, that I chose Liege of the Primordial as my FIRST ascendancy. I just wanted to try the two golems thing and especially the cast speed of the lightning golem made leveling an absolute breeze. I'd actually recommend choosing Primordial as the first Ascendancy and then go for Shaper and Beacon.

I did get lucky and found a Tabula Rasa, without the 6th link (most likely fire pen) I think the leveling process would've still been as smooth, but maybe a bit slower.

All in all it still works very well in 3.0. The prolif got nerfed, yeah, but the most important thing is the shocking conflux anyway (imo) and that still works very well, especially with bosses.

Edit: I thought about something. Since Ailments don't scale with fire damage in general anymore and most stuff dies with 1 shot anyway, wouldn't it be better to take Mastermind of Discord as a 4th Ascendancy instead of Beacon of Ruin? So it's Shaper of Desolation - Liege of the Primordial - Pendulum of Destruction and Mastermind of Discord? Since we use Lightning Warp we get the 25% inc. Fire Res pretty much all the time right?
Last edited by Lemmji on Jul 23, 2017, 1:23:06 PM
Hello,

will be there an upgrade for 3.0 ?

I want to start dual totem flameblast with witch @ Fall of O, but can't find any 3.0 build for it.

thanks
I've got bad gateway error when accessing poeplanner trees. Maybe someone have skill tree for this build?
Last edited by RockerControl on Aug 5, 2017, 1:50:50 PM
"
RockerControl wrote:
I've got bad gateway error when accessing poeplanner trees. Maybe someone have skill tree for this build?

This is from memory, but here's the initial tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/build/rQ3T7

In the original post, he describes the steps of the tree fairly well, even though the planner links are dead.

I need to look at the whole tree. Some of the life nodes got buffed. For example, "Heart and Soul" (8% life, 12% mana) directly above the Witch start looks pretty good.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
I would be very grateful if you can "restore" the whole skill tree, I really wanted to start this build.
Last edited by RockerControl on Aug 5, 2017, 2:50:23 PM
Hey, the skill trees are now accessible again. Have fun!
Any tips about the new (3.0) content?
Not really. Just updated the game and haven't started playing yet. Another guy mentioned 'Some of the life nodes got buffed. For example, "Heart and Soul" (8% life, 12% mana) directly above the Witch start looks pretty good.' So I guess the whole idea is getting as much life nodes as possible while not breaking the whole structure too much.
I looked more closely. Heart and Soul is in the original build. It got moved in the 3.0 tree.

Here is the 3.0 equivalent to the level 60 tree:

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAALEACSMAAFXfsIIQB6UC40myLJwQWIdlr7cyNB8CBAeD21XGOlg2xdgkpwidrhpsNukkqhZv42rkItWm7TyaO4Kbn9_vfDwFwGYEs6IA8B-XlVJTl_Q9X-w4OtgnL5BVGjgDdV8E6-6a4EWdU1L60maeWOUqE1oro_JtGQj0akNo8q9sC2HGrjwtg8y3Pv4K8kU64aZXTeP-jzWS2L2dY7zqa3rIv0ZS_EzUB9yNkPrfbQAAAAAA

And the equivalent for the level 90 build:

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPEACSMAAHXfsIIQB6UC40myLJwQWIdlHwIEB4PbVcY6WKcIna4abDbpJKoWb-Nqr7cyNOQi1abtPJo7gpuf3-98PAXAZgSzogDwH5eVUlM9X5f07Dg62CcvkFUaOAN1kStfBG0ZCPRqQ7zq-tJmnljlKhNaK6PyaPKvbAthxq48LYPMtz7-Cti9NZL-j03jplc64fJFEMz-h3sg-JPr7prgRZ1TUnyDp5ReXdH9g1_E9q-nHM4rUA3N_lQn7QYO1HwJ9hku2WGtjc9-dqxXDdIh8kGCB9l8QYf56J1jES3a3Wt6yL9GUvxM1AfcjZD6320AAAAAAA==

Last edited by CelticHound on Aug 6, 2017, 3:20:18 AM
(double post - please ignore)
Last edited by CelticHound on Aug 6, 2017, 3:19:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info