650 Fusing Orbs + 400 Fusing Orbs

"
chronosoul wrote:
Video or it never happened, though i do believe its easy to not roll a 6L, and it is possible to blow through over 1k without getting a 6l.

But i think many people are exaggerating the actual orbs they have used.

The i doubt half the people who claim to have wasted 1k orbs havn't had over 500 in thier character life, and thats assuming they used 100% of them to get links on ONE item.

Proof of your claim or it never happened.

I used 1 orb of fusing on each of my chest / weapon, and got a 6l on both of my first tries.

Regardless.. 6L rarity seems perfect atm and i hope it never changes.

It really just seems like people are crying to get it nerfed, or a garunteed way to get a 6l. They can't seem to deal with the sense of loss/time when they farm for something they want, and don't get it.

Tell you what though, if you did use over 1k orbs, when you do get a 6l, its going to feel that much better. Which is a feeling you wouldn't get if they were common.

If they remain to have the same rng, you are going to feel like a million bucks when you use lets say,use 1 orb on that new item and get that 6l.

that line that i bolded and underline...
guys we have a troll here!
I spent 1k fusing on it and if u dont believe that then its your choice. You probably have no idea how to make that much orbs.
My IGN : Xmu / TeeBones
BEST CI CHEST FOR MIRROR 1K ES + TRI RESIST http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/306743
My Ice Witch 0.25Sec Freezing pulse guide ~ http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/214705
Last edited by Xmu on Feb 27, 2013, 1:52:18 PM
"
TehHammer wrote:
Your math is sound, but your odds are off. Rolling a 6L isn't a 1:306 chance (base, not including repeating link configurations), it's much closer to 3x as unlikely. I say this based on my own experience and how often a friend sets out to 6L something and it takes over 2k fusings (not horribly unlikely). Anyone that has played a lot over the last year will pretty much agree with me here.

Also, you don't account for the repeating socket counts with your jeweler's odds, and because there are only 6 possible outcomes (heavily weighted towards 3 of them, as well), the odds of rolling a 6S is around 1:220.

Also, it's such a terrible thing (sarcasm) that an ARPG makes you earn a super item. It's all about grinding towards perfection, and perfection shouldn't be handed out flippantly. If you think perfection SHOULD be an easy goal, then you should probably quit ARPGs now, it'll save you a lot of heartache.

I love the jeweler and fusing functionality but I'd love an expensive shop option to auto-link/socket gear. For example, you give the vendor your godly-roll Vaal Regalia and 300 jeweler's and the vendor gives back an identical version with 6 sockets. You do the same thing with the 6S Vaal Regalia and 1500 fusings and you get a 6L. It guarantees success at a cost of more orbs than it would take on average. More cost but it would remove the chance of failure.

Re: Fusing and Jeweler's Odds
I'm not certain about the odds, obviously, but 1/306 is the number I picked up from ScrotieMcB on page six.
I'm assuming(perhaps falsely) linking odds are the same as socket odds due to the increased price of fusings compared to jeweller's.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

What they don't confirm are the odds for links. They have confirmed the odds for Jeweler's Orbs to make a specific number of sockets: 100:90:80:30:5:1 for 1,2,3,4,5,6 sockets respectively. That means an item that can only have max four sockets has a 30/(100+90+80+30) = 30/300 chance of getting four sockets when you Jeweler it, while the chance for six sockets is 1/306. The exception is that you can't get the exact same configuration as a result, so if you roll the same number of sockets and the exact same link pattern (automatic with one-socket, easy with two-socket, much harder after), it will reroll automatically.

Re:super items
I'm guessing this is a statement in general, and not specifically aimed at me.
I'll respond regardless, no, it should not be easy to reach awesome tier items, grinding is fine, but having to put in 10 times the work another purely lucky, player has to put in feels a tad unfair(yes, I know the same happens wrgt drops, but you're not spending hard-earned currency items to get the initial drops, so it doesn't feel like you're losing anything when it doesn't drop, basic psychology)

As an extreme case, someone might spend 2000 fusings to link 6 sockets while another has to spend 10(we have plenty of examples of this kind of variance).
This feels very much unfair to those who need to spend thousands to get the desired result.

"
chronosoul wrote:

I used 1 orb of fusing on each of my chest / weapon, and got a 6l on both of my first tries.
Regardless.. 6L rarity seems perfect atm and i hope it never changes.

Tell you what though, if you did use over 1k orbs, when you do get a 6l, its going to feel that much better. Which is a feeling you wouldn't get if they were common.

If they remain to have the same rng, you are going to feel like a million bucks when you use lets say,use 1 orb on that new item and get that 6l.

I won't go into the inflating number of orbs comment, we can hardly prove anything one way or the other until we get a dev to explain the system and the odds.
You got supremely lucky, on the other side of that coin, others have gotten supremely unlucky.
I'd also like to dispute your simplistic bad things need to happen to make good things happening worthwhile, it's certainly true to a degree. I think I can explain the frustration to you in a manner which everyone agrees on.

Desyncs and other technical problems can lead to you dying through no fault of your own. Dying because you fucked up is fine, but dying in HC(as a 20+ char) because of a desync or 3-second freeze is frustrating. The same thing goes for investing huge amounts of currencies, you did everything right but your investment of crystallised effort gave you absolutely NOTHING through no fault of your own.

I strongly support having an alternate method of getting an item almost no one will sell, tehhammer came with a reasonable alternative (Pay a premium for certainty of return on the effort you put in).
Last edited by Kittah_Khan on Feb 28, 2013, 8:06:55 PM
I have created a 6-socket Orb of Fusing Community Log thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/203971

Please post your data there. Thank you.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2013, 2:32:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info