[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: 2.2k Base ES Aura, 10 Auras, 4 Curses, Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian

Hey PsychicMuffin great build, planning to make a future character similar to it, maybe some modifications (not implying anything, just to no copy pasta).

So, your focus is hard mapping and end game content? which end game content you and your friends already did?

i Have 2 kinda of aurabots,(one 74 another 83, each one for each friend) the good thing is clear speed and using victario influence ( 3 damage auras, probably not good for end game content, just for clear speed), im thinking to try your build in endgame content, with both friends, one is a BF Assassin, the other is a Life Deadeye (we could help the Life Deadeye level again being raider/pathfinder CI/ES, just to get better use of the energy shield given), what do you think about this idea?

Could i use Enfeeble and temporal chains, change warlords mark (i pick prayer of glory, and use enduring cry), if i cant fit 3 curses? and focus more on Enfeeble and temporal chains?

And about the Solaris Lorica, is bad idea going through content without "chaos damage does not bypass energy shield"? (until a shavs come online) or some end game content chaos damage hurts alot?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time (probably a lot of testing) to make this guide and sharing with us.
Last edited by mirolino on Jan 10, 2017, 12:53:30 PM
"
mirolino wrote:
Hey PsychicMuffin great build, planning to make a future character similar to it, maybe some modifications (not implying anything, just to no copy pasta).

So, your focus is hard mapping and end game content? which end game content you and your friends already did?

i Have 2 kinda of aurabots,(one 74 another 83, each one for each friend) the good thing is clear speed and using victario influence ( 3 damage auras, probably not good for end game content, just for clear speed), im thinking to try your build in endgame content, with both friends, one is a BF Assassin, the other is a Life Deadeye (we could help the Life Deadeye level again being raider/pathfinder CI/ES, just to get better use of the energy shield given), what do you think about this idea?

Could i use Enfeeble and temporal chains, change warlords mark (i pick prayer of glory, and use enduring cry), if i cant fit 3 curses? and focus more on Enfeeble and temporal chains?

And about the Solaris Lorica, is bad idea going through content without "chaos damage does not bypass energy shield"? (until a shavs come online) or some end game content chaos damage hurts alot?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time (probably a lot of testing) to make this guide and sharing with us.

I have actually done all breachlords, guardians, and shaper! I thought about including it in my original post, but it seems kind of silly since really all I do is run around keeping him cursed and making sure I don't get any vortexes put in the center. Not that my facetanking friends have that much harder of a job =P, but hey that's the point of the build right? I actually hit 125/126 on my atlas this league woo! I don't know how I'm going to do Hall of Grandmasters since you basically have to offscreen to do it. Maybe one of my friends will let me tag along.

The thing about Path of Clear Speed is that damage is still good for endgame content, since it'll help you kill things before they get to you, and it also helps accumulate xp and wealth faster, which makes characters stronger faster. That said, I just wanted a different approach with this build since I thought that area had been explored fairly well but didn't see any build quite like this guardian. Life builds still gain a lot from this support, but if he wants to take max advantage it definitely makes sense to re-level as CI; I think that's a fine idea.

It's definitely fine to not focus on curses as much as I have. They have a pretty big impact on bosses in my opinion, but that's personal preference of my friends and I. Keep in mind however, that I actually enable 4 curses even though I only apply 3 myself. So I highly recommend you have at least 3 curse slots if you're applying 2 curses, so your teammates can apply a 3rd curse of their choosing.

This build cannot be played without lorica or shav's. I have 8 life available because I reserve 99% of it, so I literally get one shotted by anything. If I dropped anger which I have on blood magic, I would still only have 500 life available, which, even if I used Presence of Chayula and got chaos res on all 3 rare slots to sit at cap chaos res...is still too dangerous, even with our good regen. This build is just too pressed for points to have any increased life.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
I've gone ahead and snagged your build guide for the new builds list. I hope that this is alright, but if you wish it to be removed, please contact me.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Hello, I'm trying your build with a friend who plays CI Blade Flurry and we are having a great time, so I would like to give you a feedback.

I managed to colour a Lorica with FIVE OFFCOLOURS!!11! probably worth more than 1ex, and I used less than 100 chromas :D

But unfortunately I can't afford 4 curses, so I'm applying vulnerability + enfeeble with Bladefall + CoH, and my friend is running Warlord's Mark with Blasphemy. The 5th slot is occupied by Culling Strike, which I'm finding very helpful overall (but I'm looking for an Enhance gem level 3 soon).

Running vitality instead of anger on weapon because my blood magic isn't 18 and there's one aura reduced node I need to take (2 more levels tho!). And I'm farming currency to get Vaal Haste + Vaal Discipline.

I'm starving at ES pool (4.1k atm) because I'm only level 76 (so I need to get more jewel sockets for Grand Spectrum's) and I'm not using Shavronnes yet. And Chaos Damage is HURTING A LOT xd, I just back like a little girl when I see dem snakes :( But, my chaos res is -32%, that's something I need to improve.

And let me ask you, what level/gear are we supposed to try Uber Lab/Atziri?

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAQthDXwXLxg8GFYZihqPHNwdmR2qKPoqUy9vNZI26DrhPC1Bh0NjQ8hGcUrITeNOUk8EVdZXyVivWfNcil-wYVJk52ZUZp5oWGjybqpvO2-ecLtxTXIPcql4DXvDfEt_xoCkgseDCYNfg8yExYZghtGJ2IqvjHaPGpARkiuTJ5RvlnSaz5u1oS-lGKZXqW6sqq9ssnC0DLXytzG3PriTvSe-isAawcXDOsS0xPbGrspKytPXltkT4YjquuwY707yRfba-ej60vsJ_QD-Cv5J_o8=

Thanks for posting the build, this is my first low-life AND support character.
Cheers!
"
guilhermesbc wrote:
Hello, I'm trying your build with a friend who plays CI Blade Flurry and we are having a great time, so I would like to give you a feedback.

I managed to colour a Lorica with FIVE OFFCOLOURS!!11! probably worth more than 1ex, and I used less than 100 chromas :D

But unfortunately I can't afford 4 curses, so I'm applying vulnerability + enfeeble with Bladefall + CoH, and my friend is running Warlord's Mark with Blasphemy. The 5th slot is occupied by Culling Strike, which I'm finding very helpful overall (but I'm looking for an Enhance gem level 3 soon).

Running vitality instead of anger on weapon because my blood magic isn't 18 and there's one aura reduced node I need to take (2 more levels tho!). And I'm farming currency to get Vaal Haste + Vaal Discipline.

I'm starving at ES pool (4.1k atm) because I'm only level 76 (so I need to get more jewel sockets for Grand Spectrum's) and I'm not using Shavronnes yet. And Chaos Damage is HURTING A LOT xd, I just back like a little girl when I see dem snakes :( But, my chaos res is -32%, that's something I need to improve.

And let me ask you, what level/gear are we supposed to try Uber Lab/Atziri?

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAQthDXwXLxg8GFYZihqPHNwdmR2qKPoqUy9vNZI26DrhPC1Bh0NjQ8hGcUrITeNOUk8EVdZXyVivWfNcil-wYVJk52ZUZp5oWGjybqpvO2-ecLtxTXIPcql4DXvDfEt_xoCkgseDCYNfg8yExYZghtGJ2IqvjHaPGpARkiuTJ5RvlnSaz5u1oS-lGKZXqW6sqq9ssnC0DLXytzG3PriTvSe-isAawcXDOsS0xPbGrspKytPXltkT4YjquuwY707yRfba-ej60vsJ_QD-Cv5J_o8=

Thanks for posting the build, this is my first low-life AND support character.
Cheers!

Your gear is pretty good; you are well on your way to end-game! Yeah I was so salty about trying to off-color solaris xD, that is hilarious that you got it. It is a bit frustrating how level dependent this build is for ES, but it doesn't take too long to get into the 80s. Doing uber lab is highly dependent on your experience and how comfortable you are doing him, along with who is running with you, because you can avoid almost all the damage he does if the fight doesn't drag on too long. At about 5k ES you should be able to take any single hit he throws with flasks for reference. I didn't consider the last ascendancy that important so I think I waited until I was level 86 and slotted my last GS jewel, at which point he was a joke and I farmed uber lab for wealth.
Warning, wall of text incoming.

Hey PsychicMuffin, how are you?

Some updates, my friend gave me some regret orbs (just 40, he is a good guy XD), so i change my 82 build to your build.

My Ranger friend is not much in the mood to play, i tried to help finding good CI Rangers builds, (CI HoWA, CI Spectral Throw) got some nice forum builds, youtube videos, passive trees, etc, he did not give much attention, so im playing with only one friend atm.

The friend active playing right now is playing a Claw Trickster CI, he has a bunch of chars, the more active is the BF 88 BF Trickster/Claw CI (more active on the Trickster atm, he likes him more), and the 90 BF Assassin/CI.

when i changed the build, i was sitting at 3.1k ES, after some grand spectrum put on, only 100 mana left, things started to go to 4.5k ES, after some upgrades, i got atm 5.5k ES, Capped resists, Chaos around 25 % atm, this build really shine level after level, GS after GS, scales really well into end game (its points starved, and needs level).

i dont use curses atm, cause my friend is dual cursing with heretic veil, its possible to play this build even without curses (maybe your friends cant chance curses, etc), ofc i dont advice doing end game with that, i dont have experience in end game bosses etc, only medium tier maps.

With every little upgrade in mana, GS, (my own ES ofc) my friend got upgrade in his ES too, this is amazing, he jumped from 11k es, to 14k atm. (i jumped from 3.1 to 5.5k es atm) but guys remember, im not cursing atm, im using better rings with more int/mana, just saying its scales well, get good ES, and possible to support mid tier maps without curses(my only experience) if your friends already use different curses. (i dont know the party curse trick :( thing)

Thank you again for the build, in the future i will test this sweet build in end game, not playing much atm, real life stuff you know.

sorry for the wall of text, just giving some thanks and update xD. (if you want and if is not a problem, i can give some updates, some changes, some questions, etc about my progression, is nice to discuss about a support build with another support)

Obs: Im 85 atm, my character profile is open, if you want to give some advices or check passives, items, build :).

Last edited by mirolino on Jan 22, 2017, 10:35:06 AM
Your toughts about change Whirling Blades + Faster atack for Flame Dash and Animate guardian ?
"
mirolino wrote:
Warning, wall of text incoming.

Hey PsychicMuffin, how are you?

Some updates, my friend gave me some regret orbs (just 40, he is a good guy XD), so i change my 82 build to your build.

My Ranger friend is not much in the mood to play, i tried to help finding good CI Rangers builds, (CI HoWA, CI Spectral Throw) got some nice forum builds, youtube videos, passive trees, etc, he did not give much attention, so im playing with only one friend atm.

The friend active playing right now is playing a Claw Trickster CI, he has a bunch of chars, the more active is the BF 88 BF Trickster/Claw CI (more active on the Trickster atm, he likes him more), and the 90 BF Assassin/CI.

when i changed the build, i was sitting at 3.1k ES, after some grand spectrum put on, only 100 mana left, things started to go to 4.5k ES, after some upgrades, i got atm 5.5k ES, Capped resists, Chaos around 25 % atm, this build really shine level after level, GS after GS, scales really well into end game (its points starved, and needs level).

i dont use curses atm, cause my friend is dual cursing with heretic veil, its possible to play this build even without curses (maybe your friends cant chance curses, etc), ofc i dont advice doing end game with that, i dont have experience in end game bosses etc, only medium tier maps.

With every little upgrade in mana, GS, (my own ES ofc) my friend got upgrade in his ES too, this is amazing, he jumped from 11k es, to 14k atm. (i jumped from 3.1 to 5.5k es atm) but guys remember, im not cursing atm, im using better rings with more int/mana, just saying its scales well, get good ES, and possible to support mid tier maps without curses(my only experience) if your friends already use different curses. (i dont know the party curse trick :( thing)

Thank you again for the build, in the future i will test this sweet build in end game, not playing much atm, real life stuff you know.

sorry for the wall of text, just giving some thanks and update xD. (if you want and if is not a problem, i can give some updates, some changes, some questions, etc about my progression, is nice to discuss about a support build with another support)

Obs: Im 85 atm, my character profile is open, if you want to give some advices or check passives, items, build :).

Cool man, I love feedback from people trying the build! Yeah it's crazy how level hungry it is, those darn GS scaling jewels. That's really one of the biggest downsides to the build sadly. You definitely don't HAVE to curse with this build, because it doesn't matter much for clearing, but mostly shines big on bosses. A good example is Argus boss, which is really scary to a lot of builds, but pretty harmless when tri cursed. The party trick for multi cursing is actually pretty simple. If you bought 2 doedre's damnings you would have 3 curse slots. If you applied just one curse that would go into the 3rd slot, so your friend could dual curse and take up slots 1 and 2, tadaa, tri curse.

Your gear looks pretty good, although I would shoot for better int rolls on your rares. I also found the third elemental flask to be more useful than a quicksilver considering we have a pretty fast whirling blades, but I can see the appeal of it. For the tree, the only strange thing is that you spend 6 points on Deep Wisdom and Arcane Focus up in the witch area, where as those 6 points could let you slot 2 additional GS jewels, which at this point of the build would net you at least as much ES if not more, plus it would give that ES to your allies as well.

Thanks for trying the build and good luck out there!
"
trzoor wrote:
Your toughts about change Whirling Blades + Faster atack for Flame Dash and Animate guardian ?

Man, I really hate being stuck on ledges, and it HAS killed me before, and I really would love to run a dying breath guardian. That said, whirling blades is so useful for keeping up with fast clear speed builds I can't imagine dropping it and not falling behind with the limited charges on flame dash. On top of that, when I really need to get out in a hurry, whirling blades with FA is going to be faster than flame dash with no faster casting. Although that is more of a mixed bag because whirling blades will stop on rocks and stuff, and always goes in the direction you're facing, but you never have to walk a few steps to cast it, because you just hit it and it goes. I used flame dash while leveling but without stun immunity or cast speed it is a truly horrible experience. I'm sure it would be better now, but I think the clear speed meta is the biggest factor.
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
"
trzoor wrote:

Man, I really hate being stuck on ledges, and it HAS killed me before, and I really would love to run a dying breath guardian. That said, whirling blades is so useful for keeping up with fast clear speed builds I can't imagine dropping it and not falling behind with the limited charges on flame dash. On top of that, when I really need to get out in a hurry, whirling blades with FA is going to be faster than flame dash with no faster casting. Although that is more of a mixed bag because whirling blades will stop on rocks and stuff, and always goes in the direction you're facing, but you never have to walk a few steps to cast it, because you just hit it and it goes. I used flame dash while leveling but without stun immunity or cast speed it is a truly horrible experience. I'm sure it would be better now, but I think the clear speed meta is the biggest factor.

With Vaal Haste i flame dash is instant i didnt get in the end game content just t10- and have no problem until now but i will change because GUardian dont stay live in breachs without minion life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info