[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: 2.2k Base ES Aura, 10 Auras, 4 Curses, Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian

"
trzoor wrote:
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
"
trzoor wrote:
Your toughts about change Whirling Blades + Faster atack for Flame Dash and Animate guardian ?

Man, I really hate being stuck on ledges, and it HAS killed me before, and I really would love to run a dying breath guardian. That said, whirling blades is so useful for keeping up with fast clear speed builds I can't imagine dropping it and not falling behind with the limited charges on flame dash. On top of that, when I really need to get out in a hurry, whirling blades with FA is going to be faster than flame dash with no faster casting. Although that is more of a mixed bag because whirling blades will stop on rocks and stuff, and always goes in the direction you're facing, but you never have to walk a few steps to cast it, because you just hit it and it goes. I used flame dash while leveling but without stun immunity or cast speed it is a truly horrible experience. I'm sure it would be better now, but I think the clear speed meta is the biggest factor.

With Vaal Haste i flame dash is instant i didnt get in the end game content just t10- and have no problem until now but i will change because GUardian dont stay live in breachs without minion life.

Well, I don't have vaal haste up 100% of the time though, but yeah that makes sense when it is up. I still feel like I would need a quicksilver flask if I dropped whirling blades though, in order to keep up, and that means I would lose some defenses that I don't want to lose. I'm surprised the animated guardian doesn't stay alive with all your auras though, as that is not what I expected to be the problem. Keep in mind that minion life scales extremely hard with level, so a level 20 animate guardian has like 40% more life than a level 18 gem, which with your defensive auras and vitality regen goes a long way to keeping it alive.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

Well, I don't have vaal haste up 100% of the time though, but yeah that makes sense when it is up. I still feel like I would need a quicksilver flask if I dropped whirling blades though, in order to keep up, and that means I would lose some defenses that I don't want to lose. I'm surprised the animated guardian doesn't stay alive with all your auras though, as that is not what I expected to be the problem. Keep in mind that minion life scales extremely hard with level, so a level 20 animate guardian has like 40% more life than a level 18 gem, which with your defensive auras and vitality regen goes a long way to keeping it alive.

I will give a second try when animate guardian get level 20, he died in the first breach >.<

My friend run vaal haste so we have up 100% of the time.
Last edited by trzoor on Jan 22, 2017, 9:52:28 PM
"
trzoor wrote:
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

I will give a second try when animate guardian get level 20, he died in the first breach >.<

My friend run vaal haste so we have up 100% of the time.

Ahh, that makes sense. Also fyi there is a haku glove enchant that lets animated guardians drop their items on death, so you can not lose on items and just keep the guardian up for like bosses and stuff.
Hey PsychicMuffin,

I'm planning on trying this build for legacy league.
From what I checked there's nothing really different for the uniques or jewels used in this build.

Do you know if the passiv tree should be different or if there's some new routes that could be more efficient to use?

Hey PsychicMuffin, Hey Dr4w

I'm planning to make this build in Legacy again (tried in breach, but now i will try hard), will work really good with my friend he will make CI/ Assassin.

Theres a interesting buff to MoM and some nodes behind MoM, you guys checked Already? + 12% maximum mana, + 12% maximum mana and Inspiration +100 to maximum mana/ 40% Maximum Mana, what do you think Psychicmuffin, what do you guys think? viable? good to our build?.

About leveling

Dr4w and PsychicMuffin how you guys will level in this league? will get carried or making a leveling build as respeccing later?

im thinking going to flameblast Dual Totem, made a scratch build here, will need around 50 refund points to change to the main build later (more or less).

Here is the scratch build, if you guys wanna discuss or tweak a bit i will glade to share, discuss, help, im not really, really experienced, but i can try to help.

build here in the spoiler

Last edited by mirolino on Mar 2, 2017, 10:57:18 AM
I updated the guide with a "what's new" section at the top to summarize the changes, and updated the skill tree (you'll need to paste the link into an offline skill tree planner until the changes go live tomorrow) and gear section a bit.

I won't be playing this league as I have a lot of IRL stuff happening (and I want to be super ready for 3.0!), but I would probably use the same basics as the leveling section of the guide, as most of those skills didn't change much, just a lot more and better leveling uniques now. I debated doing a tree that's better for leveling but further from the final tree as you did in yours mirolino, but decided to stick to what could be respecced with just the leveling respec points and no regrets, which is where my 22 and 43 point trees came from in the guide. For some people spending 30 regrets is no big deal, but for a lot of people it is I think, but that's personal preference really.
IMO, build got a sizable buff with the tree changes to MoM and ZO and the (massive for this build) buff to Atziri's Foible. I recommend you pick up ZO full-time now and drop Sorrow of the Divine. Pick up the nodes behind MoM, slot in Foible and use the free flask slot to invest in stun immunity with Kiara's Determination.

I think I landed around 22.5k ES by end of league with PsychicMuffin as support.
On paper, I would be looking at 24k with the new tree ;)
Hey PsychicMuffin, Hey cyyyylon

obs: Pshychic, you updated the skill tree, i tried to decode on poe.planner, can you check if that poe planner build is correct with your 2.6 changes?

Skill Tree 2.6 Psychic (build in spoiler)

cyyyylon, i think Psychic already updated the build, with ZO, and MoM, this link i copied from his original post.

i Dont know if Psychic will reply us, he is busy with irl stuff, but he already updated the build with the **What's New** with ZO, Auxium, MoM, Atziri Foible update (By the way I missed the Atziri Foible update, thanks for the reminder).

About the leveling:

I tweak my leveling build, in the end is how you said, personal preference (faster leveling more currency, or less currency, slowly leveling) more or less respective, thanks for the reply and Ofc I respect your opinion a lot, much more experienced than I XD.

Last edited by mirolino on Mar 3, 2017, 11:42:56 AM
"
mirolino wrote:
Hey PsychicMuffin, Hey cyyyylon

obs: Pshychic, you updated the skill tree, i tried to decode on poe.planner, can you check if that poe planner build is correct with your 2.6 changes?

Skill Tree 2.6 Psychic (build in spoiler)

cyyyylon, i think Psychic already updated the build, with ZO, and MoM, this link i copied from his original post.

i Dont know if Psychic will reply us, he is busy with irl stuff, but he already updated the build with the **What's New** with ZO, Auxium, MoM, Atziri Foible update (By the way I missed the Atziri Foible update, thanks for the reminder).

About the leveling:

I tweak my leveling build, in the end is how you said, personal preference (faster leveling more currency, or less currency, slowly leveling) more or less respective, thanks for the reply and Ofc I respect your opinion a lot, much more experienced than I XD.

Well the GGG official skill tree is now updated to 2.6, so I tested it and it works, so I suspect there's a problem with poe planner.
Playing this build in Legacy SC with the setup on first page and a bit diffrent setup in HC. both chars are over lvl 70. in hc it is lvl 77. My friend uses Witchfire Brew and i´m running temp chains on blasphemy. have no shavs in hc so i´m at 3.3k ES but it is quit tanky. Thanks for this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info