[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

Yeah that new Acuity is really nice. But nobody found a good way to go crit with Icestorm even before the ES nerf, the price is just too high in terms of losing Int.

And Acuity is way too rare and expensive. If you build around it, it's going to be an elite build that almost nobody can afford. I'm not interested in spending time on something that I can't even afford myself in an average league.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 15, 2017, 8:07:13 PM
I've been playing a MoM Whispering Ice Berserker the past week on beta standard, experimenting with different uniques/jewel setups while trying to put my own spin on the passive tree.

http://poeurl.com/blDm

Using a Brute Force Solution at the Templar Jewel Socket.
Using 2 Spirited Response (between templar/witch and witch/shadow).
Trying to find an Anatomical Knowledge to socket at the top of Witch area.

Have yet to find decent Int gear or CoD but 30% MoM still feels SUPER tanky. Running 2 curse auras + clarity. Thinking of swapping clarity for arctic armour.

Let me know if you see any improvements I might have missed.

Did you leave out Avatar of Fire intentionally? Does it work well?
I did, I was using a Pyre, even though the conversion was nerfed. Trying to see if the dps increase to Scorching Ray was worth it for single target. With 2 Spirited Response jewels and Battle Rouse passive, I'm probably going to drop any excess mana passives and put them into +skill duration.
First off I want to say thank you! This build has been a treat and I am for the first time truly enjoying a build. I love my RF character but I am having more fun with your build, Your guide was perfect on explaining everything and written out well.

I finally got the gear that at this current time I am happy with and will last me for awile I hope, I was wondering if I could get any feedback/suggestions :)

My tree can be found on the character SirGhostAlot :)
Last edited by Undermonk on Jul 5, 2017, 6:51:17 PM
Beta wipe is done, I'm going to try it now. Made a zerker last night, still leveling thru the acts, but got me a 18% WI already. Now thinking when to start using it. In a regular league I guess lv 38 would do just fine (as soon as CwC is available), but I don't have any good Int/Life/AR/Res gear yet. We'll see how it goes. If anything, the new melee support gems make Sunder more OP for leveling than ever. I'm currently in Act 5 still blasting my way thru everything using Sunder with a tree made for WI, annihilated the normal Izaro on my way here and grabbed the leech. Basically, leveling in 3.0 won't be an issue at all.

One thing I really didn't like is what they did with the Bandits. They buffed the resist reward to 15% and moved it to Alira and gave Eramir 2 points. That sucks. 10% all res was easily worth 1 point, but 15% vs 2 points... damn. Guess we'll see. I took the points for now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 7, 2017, 4:24:56 PM
How important is temporal chains with curse on hit setup when doing end-game bosses? I'm thinking about using Kaom's Heart, and thus I can only use one curse on cwdt ball lightning setup. Is it viable to run dual curse without ball lightning, so just cwdt and curses? I'm playing SSF and have only 940 int with near perfect astramentis, 2x brute force and one fertile mind. Boots and belt are lacking int at the moment, so gotta keep hunting on those :)

Thanks for the tree Kryntos, I'm using it and it's working very well! I went for Avatar of Fire though.

e: what tooltip dps should I aim for before trying guardians/shaper?
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Jul 8, 2017, 3:57:03 PM
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
How important is temporal chains with curse on hit setup when doing end-game bosses? I'm thinking about using Kaom's Heart, and thus I can only use one curse on cwdt ball lightning setup. Is it viable to run dual curse without ball lightning, so just cwdt and curses? I'm playing SSF and have only 940 int with near perfect astramentis, 2x brute force and one fertile mind. Boots and belt are lacking int at the moment, so gotta keep hunting on those :)

Thanks for the tree Kryntos, I'm using it and it's working very well! I went for Avatar of Fire though.

e: what tooltip dps should I aim for before trying guardians/shaper?

Kaom's Heart? Are you talking about the Life version for 3.0? If so, check out page 25. TC is not very important for the Life version, but it's very nice for the CI one.
I also tried a life based WI berserker on the beta and it felt just so so weak during early mapping. having spent some 16-20ish points on life nodes means that the damage is really lacking. and doing yellow t6 maps with barely 4k life is just a lot different from running them with 6-7k ES as during the old WI progression.

Tbh, it felt worse than I had anticipated. So far, my conclusion is that the build has lost its "awesomeness". :( :( :(
"
Black_Gun wrote:
I also tried a life based WI berserker on the beta and it felt just so so weak during early mapping. having spent some 16-20ish points on life nodes means that the damage is really lacking. and doing yellow t6 maps with barely 4k life is just a lot different from running them with 6-7k ES as during the old WI progression.

Tbh, it felt worse than I had anticipated. So far, my conclusion is that the build has lost its "awesomeness". :( :( :(

I think you are doing it wrong. You are going after Life too early. You don't need it for the storyline and early mapping. Get more Int/DPS before Life.

I'm currently lv 79 on beta, playing a few hr a day since last weekend. 2.9k life, 1200 Int, 5S staff with 19/0 gems, no uber lab yet, 2320 tooltip with CE, 1506 with IR, 58/126 Atlas. I am demolishing everything up to T10 with IR, only had issues with a couple of bosses but nothing serious.

I've been saving up for Astra, got it finally (the lack of Merc Lake on Beta sucks so much for currency farming). Now I'm almost up to 6S-ing my staff and have 4/6 uber trials done, so hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll get the uber lab done and 6S. That's gonna be a major jump in DPS. Then I'll move into the red maps.

Zerker is freaking awesome. In some boss fights my life bubble has been flickering like a strobe light. I see a whole lot of zerkers around, with all types of builds. I just hope they don't nerf Cloaked in Savagery.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 13, 2017, 12:15:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info