[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

Damn, they are making MoM totally OP!

We'll still have to take the MoM node even with CoD, for the fat mana nodes behind it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Damn, they are making MoM totally OP!

We'll still have to take the MoM node even with CoD, for the fat mana nodes behind it.

yup, but whatever... I'm just glad that there will still be some sort of good defensive synergy with int stacking. with a 50% MoM, the mana we gain as a byproduct of stacking int for damage feels impactful and significant. essentially, the new CoD improves the defensive "value" of mana by 40% (0.7/0.5 = 1.4...)
Last edited by Black_Gun on Jun 11, 2017, 4:24:49 AM
I experimented a bit with the tree, and so far i think the entire shadow area (CI, GR, VP and the like) can be dropped.

In Return, i took all the life nodes right beside the tree. Also, i went down and took the life/strength route to battle rouse. Gives us Mana and around 3% damage reduction, and the jewel node can convert all the strength to int.

This is where i stand so far:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQPuBAcEsxBYES0RUBSpGGoabBzcHRQdTx2-HwIhkCQ3JSco-ilPLJwtHzOHNZI1uTbFOVI8BTwtPV9Bh0VHSU9Ms1F0UlNVxlYtVkhYB11JXypf0GZUZ5to8m0Zbzt4DXuMgpuCx4Nfg8yD24P3hTKFe4dljumPGo9GlSCXLZf0m6GdrqIAoqOmmacIp22pbq4-r42vm7UEtfK3PriTvKq_CMAawGbB88au0B_Vptgk2L3e5eDY5CLqEOvk6-7sOO987-vwH_hf-ej-Cg==

Far from perfect, but with the new CoD this could really work well. Could need a lot more life though.
Last edited by SilencerX21 on Jun 11, 2017, 1:15:47 PM
However... I'm not sure that 50% MoM will be that much more useful than 30% MoM for facetanking in T16/17. If you are constantly taking damage while reclaiming 20% mana per second, and the incoming DPS is high enough, you are mitigating a fixed amount of incoming DPS equal to 20% of your mana pool. And then it doesn't matter if your MoM is 30% or 50%. In lower tiers it matters, but in lower tiers you won't need it. In the endgame MoM becomes a fixed value defensive mechanic.

So I'm not convinced that CoD will be better than a good Astral Plate. But it will definitely be cheaper, and good enough for everything below T16 (including Uber Izaro and Uber Atziri, they don't do persistent DPS against you).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 11, 2017, 1:24:36 PM
"
SilencerX21 wrote:
I experimented a bit with the tree, and so far i think the entire shadow area (CI, GR, VP and the like) can be dropped.

You are not going to survive facetanking T16/Shaper without VP, I explained it 1 page ago.
That is right. Could we get higher than 20%/s? Maybe even beyond 30%, which would make the CoD viable?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
However... I'm not sure that 50% MoM will be that much more useful than 30% MoM for facetanking in T16/17. If you are constantly taking damage while reclaiming 20% mana per second, and the incoming DPS is high enough, you are mitigating a fixed amount of incoming DPS equal to 20% of your mana pool. And then it doesn't matter if your MoM is 30% or 50%. In lower tiers it matters, but in lower tiers you won't need it. In the endgame MoM becomes a fixed value defensive mechanic.

So I'm not convinced that CoD will be better than a good Astral Plate. But it will definitely be cheaper, and good enough for everything below T16.

true, I think you're right. but I personally still think that kaoms is better than an astral plate. only downside is the socket issue. but imho there are a lot of unnecessary sockets anyway.

I wouldnt bet on CoD being cheap though. they dont drop like candy, and if the demand is high enough, it might be an expensive purchase during the first week of the new league.
"
SilencerX21 wrote:
That is right. Could we get higher than 20%/s? Maybe even beyond 30%, which would make the CoD viable?

Good question. There is the fixed 1.75% per second mana regen which can be modified by things like Shaper and Perandus Signet, but even +200% mana regen mod is still only 5.25% per second. I don't see any practical way to increase it by a lot.

But there is another route: % of damage taken gained as mana.

This jewel is limited to 2, i.e. you can have 20% of incoming hit damage becoming your mana, not limited to anything per second. When facetanking an endgame boss, that's basically unlimited free mana.

Now, that jewel, in combination with the new CoD, will really make a difference. But of course there is a price to pay: 2 jewels. It's another dilemma how much DPS to sacrifice for defense, just like taking life nodes instead of Int.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

You are not going to survive facetanking T16/Shaper without VP, I explained it 1 page ago.

I took Vaal Pact back in, on a different Route. You are right, without it we will get into trouble.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQPuBAcEswdjD6sQWBEtFKkWvxg8GFYYahpsHNwdFB2-HwIhkCL0JDckiyUnJpUo-ilPKjgsnDOHNZI2xTlSPAU8LT1fQYdFR0lPTLNQQlJTUzVVS1XGVi1WSFgHXUlfKl_QYeJmVGebbAttGW87eA17jIKbgseDX4PMg9uD94TFhTKFe4dljDaPGo9GkyeXLZeVl_SboZu1na6iAKcIp22pbq4-r42vm7UEtfK3PriTvKq9J78IwBrAZsM6xq7LvdAf1abYJNi93uXg2OQi6hDr5Ovu7DjvfO_r8B_4X_no_go=

Well, and so far i have not found a way to drive the Mana Regen high enough (or increase the cap on Leech).

Edit: ok, the jewel makes a difference. Together with BR it makes for 23%.

Edit2: Changed the pathing towards VP, got around 5 aditional free SPs out of it. Lost Snowforged and gained a small AoE node.
Last edited by SilencerX21 on Jun 11, 2017, 1:56:46 PM
interesting... the datamined stats of the new acuities:
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Atziris_Acuity

so they have high armour, good life, super high int, and they would replace vaal pact (save passive points, can still have regen) and provide instant mana leech - if, yes, if only we could go crit... the good thing about berserker would be that he only really needs arctic armour, so that 75% of the mana pool could be used as true ehp with the instant mana leech from acuities... but going crit with WI on a berserker would probably be too suboptimal. I mean... if we reach 50% crit chance, those crits providing instant leech would possibly be enough in terms of sustain. but reaching this point would require too much investment of points and a net loss of dps.

if only we could go crit...
Last edited by Black_Gun on Jun 15, 2017, 4:27:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info