[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

"
bitbite11 wrote:

Thanks for the tips. I am currently at 9.3k ES, farming shaper is easy now due to me just being better at mechanics, actually got a dying sun second run which was nice (done him 4 times now).

My accuracy is now up to 83%, and im hunting for a better ring, also trying to get a better hat, how valuable is the 40% bf damage enchant vs just a hat with higher ES. With conc effect in my H/O (using wrath) my DPS goes from 14.8 > 17k on BF tooltip by wearing the hat.

I am working on better ES stuff but I don't want to get a new chest just yet since it is a 6L, its kind of hard to get a decent upgrade with my current currency.

I just tried and failed uber atziri (had her to about 40%). The most brutal thing was just getting 1 shot by spears (I had basalt up usually). Any tips for her? I would like to kill her this league.

Thanks for the help.

Gratz on getting the dying sun! Ya Shaper is all about mechanics. Its pretty much all about practise. It is possible to do shaper without taking more than 1k damage if you play it right.

In all honesty I would prioritise a high ES helm over the BF enchant as it would free some passive points to be used on DPS nodes which would outdps the BF enchant.

Ya take ur time and farm before upgrading your chest imo. Its only the 2nd week of the league after all!

I'm actually surprised you had trouble with uber atziri as the trio are imo the toughest in that fight. Do your flasks have the staunching mod on them? You may have died coz of the bleed rather thant the burst damage. If you look at the videos of my fight with uber atziri you can see that I don't actually take much damage from her spears despite not using any phys mitigation flask.

"
SorakPoE wrote:

Huh, you know, I did severely overestimate how much an amulet like that would cost. I expected something with essentially 3 perfect rolls for a top meta build would be extremely expensive but it looks like 30-50c (without the master craft) is about the right ballpark.

Well, sucks since I already took the WED nodes while leveling - I'm using Doomfletch's Prism to level so those nodes are extremely nice for that. I was doing my comparison based on 75% lightning resists and it does give a little better DPS there, but outside of perhaps Minotaur or Hydra that's probably unrealistic since most things will die while we have Wise Oak + Vinktar up for 30% extra lightning pen. I think you are right that this approach gives better damage and ES overall. I'll keep trying it out and seeing if the reduced reflect damage is worth losing a small amount of DPS or if there's another tree that makes it more worthwhile.

Well, there's no one isolated way to build the char, I'm sure your tree will work for you as well especially since you're leveling with doomfletch! If you eventually decide to min-max at the higher levels, well, that's what orbs of regret are for!

"
Alfred2000 wrote:
I am BF build and follow the "BF/End Game/Max DPS but Less Leech" tree. Would appreciate comments and advice on:

1. I am using HoT, Discipline, and Blasphemy (Assassin's Mark). It seems to me clear speed is quicker then using Discipline and Wrath. Since most bosses have high elemental resists, I choose not to use Elemental Weakness. Which curse is better, Assassin's Mark or Elemental Weakness?

2. I mainly run high end maps but really hate swapping between Increased AoE and Concentrated Effect gems. Is there a gem which I can use for all situations? Or I just need to live with this.

3. I managed to get hold of a pair of HoWA with "+1 to Weapon Range" implicit. Is this implicit useful at all for this build (I didn't seem to notice much difference between using these and the normal HoWA)?

4. I have two pairs of gloves that I can use, one with Fury enchantment and the other with Tempest enchantment. Which one is better for this build and what glove enchantment should I aim for.

5. As I follow the "Less Leech" tree, I only have 1.2% life leech. My leech occasionally seemed not to be enough. Since it will cost me a fair number of points to get more leech nodes, I wonder how big the difference is between 2.8% and 1.2% leech and whether it is worthwhile or essential to get more leech nodes. For your information, my current hideout unbuffed dps is 20,765 (with HoT on).

6. I found that Increased Attack Speed does not affect or improve our tooltip dps. I understand it affects the speed BF stacks, but how important is attack speed to this build? Any way to quantify it so that I know say 6% increased attack speed is about as valuable as 10% increased damage.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

1. Yes clear speed is definitely faster with a curse aura. The only reason I don't use that in my setup is because I dislike having a part of my setup rendered useless by hexproof mods on maps. Elemental Weakness will be better than Assassin's Mark in terms of aiding your clear speed, but you'll find it tougher to generate power charges without Assassin's Mark.

2. I actually never ever swapped gems except for shaper/uber atziri. I just use increased AoE all the way because my damage was high enough such that I could kill/facetank them comfortably with incr. aoe.

3. Unless you're using cyclone, the answer is no, not really.

4. Don't worry too much about glove enchantments. They won't affect things too much in the long run. Focus on getting the right mods on gear.

5. 20k dps with only HoT on and unbuffed in hideout is actually really good at this stage of the league! 2.8% leech is essentially more than twice that of 1.2%. 1.2% leech is enough (unless you're dealing with a reflect mob, in which case you'll need to pop vinktar) IF you have high enough damage. If you don't, then you'll need 2.8% leech. You can always get those extra leech nodes first for now until your DPS gets higher to the point where you won't need it. Another option is to eventually get claws with 0.2% lightning damage leeched as life on each of them for another 0.4% leech, which would bring u up to 1.6% which should be enough seeing as players with much lower dps had no issues with 2% leech back in 2.5.

6. Attack speed is important but only to a certain extent. I'd say aim for >7 attacks per second. That's enough. There's no need to focus too much on attack speed at the expense of other stuff like crit multi.

"
Would u reccomend going Non Crit if i have around 10 ex budget on Legacy or Crit gonna be ok with that also

if non crit how the tree should look like

You can always go Non-crit first before converting to Crit later on. 10 ex is a reasonable starting budget imo. You can follow the leveling trees I've provided - they all grab elemental overload early on anyway as they will all be non-crit at the start.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
How much would you want to have on hand before starting this build? Been looking for a 2nd character to play (currently doing ED/Contagion), and HoWA always looks fun.

Looks like the big pieces are the amulet and the two claws.

EDIT: And by start, I mean be able to gear up enough to farm low tier red maps (shaped strand, other t11/t12 maps) and progress from there. Not looking to do t16/shaper out the gate.
Last edited by Yoluun on Mar 14, 2017, 7:15:58 PM
Hey guys, the build feels pretty strong. I started as a life based ST first, and decided to switch over to CI/HoWA.

My gear is "ok" at the moment, the only thing thats decent is my chest. I'd like some advice on where I can improve. I'm at 9700 hideout with BF (wrath / golem). I feel like getting to OPs 22k with increase area on is going to be pretty tough. I feel like doubling my DPS is also going to be hard.

Anyway, gear below.

I know I need to quality all gems etc.

Changed a ring
Last edited by JSquiggle on Mar 14, 2017, 10:31:05 PM
Is the % increased to Dex important on the HOWA? Or should I just focus on the Int?

EDIT: also i can't find order of ascendency information?
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 15, 2017, 12:21:11 AM
"
Invalesco wrote:

Gratz on getting the dying sun! Ya Shaper is all about mechanics. Its pretty much all about practise. It is possible to do shaper without taking more than 1k damage if you play it right.

In all honesty I would prioritise a high ES helm over the BF enchant as it would free some passive points to be used on DPS nodes which would outdps the BF enchant.

Ya take ur time and farm before upgrading your chest imo. Its only the 2nd week of the league after all!

I'm actually surprised you had trouble with uber atziri as the trio are imo the toughest in that fight. Do your flasks have the staunching mod on them? You may have died coz of the bleed rather thant the burst damage. If you look at the videos of my fight with uber atziri you can see that I don't actually take much damage from her spears despite not using any phys mitigation flask.

I currently have two flasks with staunching, and the trio was suprisingly easy. I just kind of rushed in and killed the titty bitch, then used vinktars to tank the two guys at once and killed one, last one alive was the guy who does bleeds, I died once to the bleed but that was probably my own fault.

I just had major issues with atziri spears destroying me, maybe it was the bleed but I died nearly instantly, I want to give it another go, but its like 70c+ to enter so maybe some other time once I get a bit more gear.

Other than that, the build works fine in every map i've done (done all 4 guardians now). The only real struggle was chimera, since when he goes into the smoke and you have to find him, he killed me before I could, but with more careful play I assume I wont have any problems there.

Thanks for the tips though, i'll look into a higher ES helmet then and see what I can find.

EDIT: Got uber atziri down, your right the spears dont really hurt it must of been me killing myself on the bleed. I died a few times but im happy I killed her. unforunately only the mask dropped but still nice to have the challenge done. :)
Last edited by bitbite11 on Mar 15, 2017, 5:20:33 AM
Hey guys,

i just wanted a gear check, see if there is anything i need to up, i know the ES on head/gloves are pretty low. I am also gonna get a new vinktars (the correct one) once i get home.

I was just wondering if the ST version is able to kill shaper or any of the other big bosses? Going from GMP to Slower Proj feels weird and clunky and i dont feel i am able to sustain or facetank alot. Is the gear i have now enough to kill shaper as ST?

Note that i am also lvl 77 so i am probly missing a few nodes

Last edited by outofmilk on Mar 15, 2017, 6:02:50 AM
Hello ,i'm playing the St version ,things are great for the moment ,i'm sitting at 48k2 dps in hideout with gmp ,lvl 88 ,far from the 100k of the op,and i sont see how i can double my dmg .

any tips?
Last edited by Guchette94 on Mar 15, 2017, 7:29:00 AM
what aps do u have atm at bf?
"
Yoluun wrote:
How much would you want to have on hand before starting this build? Been looking for a 2nd character to play (currently doing ED/Contagion), and HoWA always looks fun.

Looks like the big pieces are the amulet and the two claws.

EDIT: And by start, I mean be able to gear up enough to farm low tier red maps (shaped strand, other t11/t12 maps) and progress from there. Not looking to do t16/shaper out the gate.

Actually the main thing is the two claws. There's no BIS unique amulet for the build.

8-10 ex should be a reasonable starting budget imo as long as you trade/buy smart. It's not difficult at all to farm shaped strand/t11/t12 maps to be honest.

"
JSquiggle wrote:
Hey guys, the build feels pretty strong. I started as a life based ST first, and decided to switch over to CI/HoWA.

My gear is "ok" at the moment, the only thing thats decent is my chest. I'd like some advice on where I can improve. I'm at 9700 hideout with BF (wrath / golem). I feel like getting to OPs 22k with increase area on is going to be pretty tough. I feel like doubling my DPS is also going to be hard.

Anyway, gear below.

I know I need to quality all gems etc.

Changed a ring

Hey squiggle! I think I know why your DPS seems lacking atm. You're actually using the ST tree even though you're using BF. with regards to your gear, the easiest ones to upgrade look to be the gloves and helm. Your belt is really nice and is also asking for a +ES craft.

"
brunowa wrote:
Is the % increased to Dex important on the HOWA? Or should I just focus on the Int?

EDIT: also i can't find order of ascendency information?

Both are important, but int is more so. %Dex is nice for accuracy and attack speed, but there's no need to focus on that just yet. Leave it to the last for when your other pieces of gear are end-game worthy.

For ascendancy, I would go Way of the Poacher --> Avatar of the Veil --> Avatar of Slaughter

"
bitbite11 wrote:

EDIT: Got uber atziri down, your right the spears dont really hurt it must of been me killing myself on the bleed. I died a few times but im happy I killed her. unforunately only the mask dropped but still nice to have the challenge done. :)

Gratz on getting uber down! Well, looks like you've killed all the bosses now haha!

"
outofmilk wrote:
Hey guys,

i just wanted a gear check, see if there is anything i need to up, i know the ES on head/gloves are pretty low. I am also gonna get a new vinktars (the correct one) once i get home.

I was just wondering if the ST version is able to kill shaper or any of the other big bosses? Going from GMP to Slower Proj feels weird and clunky and i dont feel i am able to sustain or facetank alot. Is the gear i have now enough to kill shaper as ST?

Note that i am also lvl 77 so i am probly missing a few nodes

Yup, more ES on ur gloves and helm will definitely help you to facetank the bosses. GMP to Slower Projectiles definitely has a different feel, but the dps output will be worth it. I think your gear is good enough to kill shaper, but your level definitely isn't! Get a few more levels first, you've still got the best DPS nodes ahead of you!

"
Guchette94 wrote:
Hello ,i'm playing the St version ,things are great for the moment ,i'm sitting at 48k2 dps in hideout with gmp ,lvl 88 ,far from the 100k of the op,and i sont see how i can double my dmg .

any tips?

Hey! What's your tree like at the moment? If you have points invested in the witch ES nodes, respeccing them into DPS nodes once you get gear with higher ES will definitely be a significant boost to your dps.

"
Little_MessPM wrote:
what aps do u have atm at bf?

My character is languishing in standard atm, but the screenshots in 2.5 was 7.14. I don't expect there to be significant change.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
My character is languishing in standard atm, but the screenshots in 2.5 was 7.14. I don't expect there to be significant change.

i think bfs asp should be 8+ to do good dps? atleast 7.5 in town w\o charges

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info