[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

here is my version of build, faceroll any concent in game, isnt cheap but had luck with craft :)

Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAG8AecF-Q2NDkgRDxEvEZYUsBXXFfAXJhnXGlUbyBzcHxgi6iL0I9MqOCsKLL8uUzY9Nug7DTy-PV9B0EMxRmlMLUz_TipR-1JTVP5VhVZIVmNbr1xrXfJfal9wYSFsC20ZbWxvJ3qEfq9_xoIeg22ESITFhO-GrohCjAuNGY8aj0aPYI_6kAqTJ5OVlcyXlZf0mmqbJpuNm6GbtZ_LoS-jiqXLpwinMKyYrTO1SLl8vea-isHFwzrDbc0WzqjP3dCt0NDTb9N-2CTY1dlf2sHdjOAS53To1usU62Pr7uwY7LDtP-4O73rv6_GK99f5Y_zF
Hey there! Thanks for the well-written and thought out guide.

My question pertains to the value of Skyforth with this build. At first glance they seem perfect with it being crit based and the stun protection built into the boots makes them so appealing. Obviously they would be just nuts to have with the build, but would they actually be such an improvement to warrant the cost? I am debating whether to actually invest in a pair since I am not getting lucky with chances.

Pros:
- Power Charges.
- Stun Protection (Frees up skill points).

Cons:
- Cost...
- Resists.
- No INT.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Syphonicyde on Dec 22, 2016, 11:44:05 AM
Gratz with the build Roma, now try out crit! :p

"
Syphonicyde wrote:

My question pertains to the value of Skyforth with this build. At first glance they seem perfect with it being crit based and the stun protection built into the boots makes them so appealing. Obviously they would be just nuts to have with the build, but would they actually be such an improvement to warrant the cost? I am debating whether to actually invest in a pair since I am not getting lucky with chances.

Pros:
- Power Charges.

Cons:
- Cost...
- Resists.
- No INT.

Thoughts?

You're welcome syphon!

Personally I don't think skyforth are worth it for the price that it costs. For one, stun immunity is still better than having a higher stun threshold, and the number of skill points you save isn't really all that much when you consider that the points spent to get to US and subsequently to disemboweling (which is an awesome cluster btw) grants you a healthy amount of INT. Second, power charges can still be generated via HoT + COH and assassin's mark, with HoT also giving extra base damage, so that particular benefit of skyforth is only marginally better. Not having resists, INT and ES is a huge con IMO. At the end of the day, this is a 35ex item which provides less damage and survivability than a good (not even godlike) rare pair of boots that costs less than 5% of the price. Save the orbs for a 900 ES 50 INT double res 6L chest IMO.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
In other news, I'll probably be changing the tree a little. After some calculations I've decided that the pathing inner rather than outer is marginally stronger defensively and offers slightly more versatility.

Would you mind sharing what new pathing you're thinking of?

Edit: Never mind, it's the current pathing on your character, right?
Last edited by Shearscape on Dec 23, 2016, 10:54:46 AM
"
Shearscape wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
In other news, I'll probably be changing the tree a little. After some calculations I've decided that the pathing inner rather than outer is marginally stronger defensively and offers slightly more versatility.

Would you mind sharing what new pathing you're thinking of?

Edit: Never mind, it's the current pathing on your character, right?

it's been updated on the tree :) ignore the current pathing on my character, I'm transitioning towards the one on the tree.

Also, I've decided to change the links on BF, which I will do so on my char once I gain a few more levels to get the AS nodes. Elemental Focus and Incr. crit damage just provide better DPS than incr. crit dmg + incr. crit chance.
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Dec 24, 2016, 12:43:45 AM
Thanks for sharing your build! I'm just a beginner in PoE. Can you tell me where you put your Ascendancy points first?
"
Vahlnur wrote:
Thanks for sharing your build! I'm just a beginner in PoE. Can you tell me where you put your Ascendancy points first?

you're welcome! :) First 2 points will be to Way of the Poacher, next 4 will be to Avatar of the Veil. Last two will be to complete Avatar of the Slaughter
Build of the Week 14
"
Syphonicyde wrote:

Pros:
- Power Charges.

Cons:
- Cost...
- Resists.
- No INT.

Thoughts?
The value of skyforth would be IMMENSE. You can free up so many skill points. You can remove all the pathing left of duelist leech nodes and invest in charges and crit elsewhere. The issue is, you have to have them ready. Otherwise too much regrets.

My rough version of Skyforth ready tree. http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPcSEAB5AAYF-Q2NDdEOSA_EEVARgRGWFdcV8BX2GYoZ1xvIIG4i9CPTJP0qCyo4LL81uTY9N9Q7fD1fTLNOKlAwUUdSU1T-VmNW-luvXfJfamJ5Y0Njp2wLbRltbG8ncFJ_xoauidOMC4w2j2CP-pAKkyeTlZXMlwaXlZf0mmqhL6Kjo4qkeKcrrTOv67jKuXy95r6KwcXB1cM6z93Q0Nlb3Ube-OOE51Tn6uwY7LDtP-4O8Yr5M_lj-wn8xf_em7XviPk3189JsfbaGo9VhaXLAQm42d1IxKIkiw-rFr-ExSsKES-1SBcmPL5B0F9weoSDbdCt2NUAAAAAAA==

By the way, you can achieve almost stun immunity by getting heart of the oak(20% to avoid) near ranger start and uber lab boots enchant(80% chance to avoid if you have killed recently).
Last edited by GladiatorUA on Dec 24, 2016, 6:09:41 AM
"
romanaut1212 wrote:
here is my version of build, faceroll any concent in game, isnt cheap but had luck with craft :)

Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAG8AecF-Q2NDkgRDxEvEZYUsBXXFfAXJhnXGlUbyBzcHxgi6iL0I9MqOCsKLL8uUzY9Nug7DTy-PV9B0EMxRmlMLUz_TipR-1JTVP5VhVZIVmNbr1xrXfJfal9wYSFsC20ZbWxvJ3qEfq9_xoIeg22ESITFhO-GrohCjAuNGY8aj0aPYI_6kAqTJ5OVlcyXlZf0mmqbJpuNm6GbtZ_LoS-jiqXLpwinMKyYrTO1SLl8vea-isHFwzrDbc0WzqjP3dCt0NDTb9N-2CTY1dlf2sHdjOAS53To1usU62Pr7uwY7LDtP-4O73rv6_GK99f5Y_zF

I really dig your tree, I don't get why so many people build BF without taking the AOE nodes. I might have to make this next.
"
Zugas wrote:

I really dig your tree, I don't get why so many people build BF without taking the AOE nodes. I might have to make this next.

dude he only took one node more than me D:

"
GladiatorUA wrote:
The value of skyforth would be IMMENSE. You can free up so many skill points. You can remove all the pathing left of duelist leech nodes and invest in charges and crit elsewhere. The issue is, you have to have them ready. Otherwise too much regrets.

My rough version of Skyforth ready tree.

By the way, you can achieve almost stun immunity by getting heart of the oak(20% to avoid) near ranger start and uber lab boots enchant(80% chance to avoid if you have killed recently).

1. If it is stun avoidance you want, it's a waste of points getting heart of the oak. Without heart of the oak, your chance to get stunned with the lab boots enchant alone is already 1 - (1 - 0.5) * (1 - 0.8) = 0.1 = 10%. With heart of the oak cluster (3 points), it is reduced to about 6.4%. At the end of the day, that 6.4% can still end up being pretty frequent if you end up getting hit for alot of hard hits.

2. Thanks for providing an example tree I can use to compare with. My tree for comparison is .

These are the calculations:

Assuming links are: BF - LP - Incr. Crit - Incr. Crit Dmg - WED - Incr. AOE
Using my gear minus your boots to provide a basis for a fair comparison.

Your version

Jewel sockets --> +84 int, +104 int +104 int
Int = 244 (base) + 292 (from jewels) + 291 (gear) - 54 (coz u use skyforth) = 773
After claw buff = 773 x 1.24 = 958.52

%Dmg = 18% (from frenzy) + 196% (tree) + 180% (assuming belt + 2 rings + ammy have 30% WED each) = 394%

Total crit chance modifier= 6 power charges (300%) + 375% (tree) + 108% (Incr. Crit Strikes gem) = 783% crit chance
Crit multiplier modifier = 139% + 118% (crit dmg multiplier) = 257%. Total crit multi = 407%
Crit chance = 7.9 x 8.83 = 69.757%
IAS = 31% + 6 x 7% = 73% IAS
24% more damage from frenzy charges (6 Frenzy Charges)

Base damage = 96 x 7 + 132 (Wrath) + 48 (HoT) = 852 damage

Ave damage = (852 x 4.94 x 1.18 x 0.30243) + (852 * 4.94 x 1.18 x 0.69757 x 4.07) = 1502 + 14,100.37799 =15,602.37799

My version
Jewel sockets --> 124 int, 94 int, 94 int, 64 int
Int = 264 (base) + 376 + 291 (gear) = 931
After claw buff = 931 x 1.24 = 1154.44

%Dmg = 18% (from frenzy) + 156% (tree) + 180% (assuming belt + 2 rings + ammy have 30% WED each) = 354%

Total crit chance modifier= 3 power charges (150%) + 400% (tree) + 108% (Incr. Crit Strikes gem) = 658% crit chance
Crit multiplier modifier = 110% + 118% (crit dmg multiplier) = 228%. Total crit multi = 378%
Crit chance = 7.9 x 4.54 = 59.822%
IAS = 36% + 6 x 7% = 78% IAS
24% more damage from frenzy charges (6 Frenzy Charges)

Base damage = 115 x 7 + 132 (Wrath) + 48 (HoT) = 985 damage
Ave damage = [985 x 4.54 x 1.24 x 0.40178] + [985 * 4.54 x 1.24 x 0.59822 x 3.78] = 2227.9327768 + 12539.10378 = 14767.03655

Essentially, what you will be doing is spending 35 ex for an item that gives up a ton of ES and resists and only giving u a slight 5.6% increase in average damage. Take note that my tree also has 5% more IAS than yours, so that slight advantage of 5.6% ave damage will be reduced further once attack speed is taken into account.

So, <5.6% increase in damage for a 35 ex item, huge reduction in ES, resists and no stun immunity (btw you didn't spent those 3 points on heart of the oak yet. If you do, I will get 3 more points for damage that will minimise the damage difference between skyforth vs no skyforth even further.) You tell me, is it worth it?

edit: I haven't added that you also need more strength for WED which will involve having to spend more points as well.
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Dec 24, 2016, 7:58:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info