[2.5] ELE Fireball and Kitava's Thirst

This build will be updated accordingly to game progress, current lvl 89.

High Concept

Have some fun.

Use fireball and almost everything else must be triggered - I do not like crazy keyboard combos.

The key point is to use synergy of Kitava's Thirst with the rest of world. 5 linked fireball in Pledge of Hands triggers Kitava's gems very well and gives me a lot of mana to maintain it.

Stats

Defence

Please consider that pictures are without Molten shell on and 3 endurance charges, which is quite easy to maintain while casting and killing mobs :)

Offence

2 of skill gems in Fireball combo are around 15 lvl as I vendor them for Q20. I expect final damage 35k+ + fire penetration. If I will have luck to Related helmet enchantment, damage will go strongly up.

Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Off screen killing
  • Easy to lvl up
  • From start with final skill

Cons
  • Off screen killing
  • Elemental damage reflection, but... see below standalone part for this
  • Mid clear speed - need to stop for casting
  • not tank, 5k life, 2k shield + 1200 mana, but still can be one shot killed

Suggested Leveling Trees and Leveling Notes

10 points

25 points - Up for fire

29 points

The first Jewel socket - I put anything with + Dexterity at the beginning, but later with the second jewel slot switch to Rolling Flames

42 points

At this point you are at Mind Over Matter, but I cannot recommend you exact timing of obtain it. You need a lot of free mana before getting it or you will be often out of possibility to cast your fireball combo.

There is also second jewel slot - Switch Dexterity here from the first one and put Rolling Flames there.

The same with the upper Agility point - get it when you need it.

60 points

The Third jewel socket, which is final placement for Red dream. This Jewel is new and very expensive, but with another two points it makes sense and it will increase your survivability due to endurance charges.

62 points

Only take these two last points, if you have Red Dream, they are redundant without it.

86 points

W8 with Tirelless circle if your Fireball combo is under 100 mana. Ideal case is exactly 100 mana :)

91 points

Final :)

There are two +30 Dexterity nodes at path, feel free to use them in case of need. There is standalone chapter about Jewels or more information and pictures with my setup.

Bandits

• OAK +40 base Life
  • KILL ALL - skill point
  • KILL ALL - skill point

Class Ascendancy

Normal - Liege of the Primordial
Second golem and 40% increased Damage

Cruel - Paragon of Calamity
50% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage taken

Merciless - Shaper of Desolation

4 Jewels

You have 4 jewels slots in the end, 2 are for uniques - The Red Dream and Rolling Flames. The rest two should be about life, mana, damage. If it is not necessary you can use it also for + dexterity.

Here are my current 4 jewels:

Gear

Key targets, which are possible to fulfill, are:

- cap all your resistances, even chaos
- have +life property on each piece of gear
- have as much ES, as possible

Key Gear

Kitava's Thirst
Kitava is very cheap (around 1 alch) - get as much + to maximum Mana as possible

Pledge of Hands
The most expensive part of MUST HAVE gear. 4 links is buyable for 15c around 10th day of new league, 5 links around 50c; the issue is with 6L - around 7 ex :(
try to focus on getting as much % increased Spell Damage as possible - 40% is quite big difference

Doryani's Invitation (Fire Damage)
Fire damage + resists + 0.2% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life

Rolling Flames
you will need only one (max 2), try to get at least +14% fire damage, not more than 3c

The Red Dream
Second most expensive piece of gear - I bought it for 125c. Must have piece if you want to do some chaos damage and use endurance charges.

My gear:

e.g. 6L Pledge of Hands - I bought almost perfect roll for 6.5 Ex + 5L Pledge of Hands

My future dream is helmet enchantments that affect Fireball, but it will be almost impossible to put it on Kitava :(

Gems - Skill Links

Helmet - Kitava's Thirst

Molten Shell + Innervate Support + Arc + Lightning Penetration Support

I used Shock Nova instead of Innervate Support, but changed it for chance of getting Onslaught -> better clear speed. Small improvement, but help in case with a lot of weak mobs.

This combination gives you:
  • almost permanent shield
  • possibility to shock enemies => + 25% increased Damage from Celestial Punishment
  • Chance to get Onslaught - better clear speed in maps with a lot of weak mobs

Weapon - Pledge of Hands

Fireball + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Fire Penetration + Controlled Destruction + Faster Casting Support + Empower Support
/Concentrated Effect

Faster Casting Support - for faster mapping
Concentrated Effect - on Bosses

Before Pledge of Hands put Spell Echo Support on the third place

Boots/Helmet (4 Links):

Arctic Armour + Clarity + Herald of Thunder + Enlighten Support

Enlighten is not necessary, but it is nice to lower mana reservation -> more mana for MoM

The rest:

Cast when Damage Taken Support(3 lvl) + Enfeeble(7 lvl)

I chose lower levels of gems for more often triggering.

Summon Flame Golem
Summon Lightning Golem

Lightning Warp + Faster Casting Support +
Less Duration

Flammability

Flammability - it is not fully necessary, but is good to keep it for faster boss killing

The next plan for improvement is to use Enlighten Support as support for Aura gems to have more mana for Mind Over Matter, but it is only small detail :)

Defensive Mechanics

Elemental Damage Reflection

This is the Achilles' heel of this build, but...

There will be always issue with Monsters reflect X% of Elemental Damage, but you will not die in random meeting with reflect mob boss.

You can run even "Mirrored" maps with massive use of ruby flask, but it will be painful and slow. I cannot recommend it.

Flasks

My final wish is following:
Eternal Life Flask
Hallowed Hybrid Flask
Zerphi's Last Breath
Lavianga's Spirit
Quicksilver Flask

This build cast fireball combo for more than 100 mana 4times in second - Zerphi's is true life saver.

on bench:
Ruby Flask - use if there is possibility of reflection

Prefer to have following at least suffixes on them:
  • of Curing
  • - poison protection
  • of Staunching
  • - bleeding
  • of Heat
  • - freeze

My current flasks:

Updates :)

30.12.2016 - Update at 87 lvl: added Stats part with pictures :); update gear and ascendancy
9.1.2017 - updated gear; gems
19.1.2017 - added jewel sections, small updates
Last edited by droben on Jan 20, 2017, 3:08:21 AM
Last bumped on May 14, 2017, 1:16:46 PM
reservation
reservation
reservation
Hi.

Why CWDT level 3 and enfeeble level 7 only ?
"
Funadept wrote:
Hi.

Why CWDT level 3 and enfeeble level 7 only ?

Hello,

I would like to cast the curse almost instantly after receiving damage.

My current stats at 82 lvl:
Life ~ 3500
Energy shield ~ 1200
Free mana ~ 1100 (30% damage taken from mana)

I don't want to wait too long.
With those life/ES totals, I am assuming this is softcore only right? Don't mean that in a demeaning manner if it comes off like that.
"
Zeonus wrote:
With those life/ES totals, I am assuming this is softcore only right? Don't mean that in a demeaning manner if it comes off like that.

I strongly believe that this build can kill Atziri, but I will update it once I finish skill tree to bunch of life nodes at final stage. I have also some reserves in equipment.

My targer life volume is 4500+, Shield 1000+ and Free mana 1000+.

But yes, this is not HC viable because you can be still one-hit-killed.
I would like to see a few things present here:

Stats indicating the mana cost of the skill with 4 support gems.
Some evidence to support the claim that Molten Shell has 'permanent shield'

Recalculate your total Mana, as you failed for include the bonus granted by your Pledge of Hands
Some kind of damage consideration
Some kind of map limitation
Discussion on how you deal with reflect

And most importantly, reconsider your understanding on how Mastermind of Discord works. I believe you have mistaken the interaction to assume that by casting Fire Spells, you have somehow triggered the reduction of Lightning resistance, as indicated several times in your build guide where comments such as Herald of Thunder or Arc/Shock Nova benefited from Mastermind. In reality, Cold resistance is the resistance lowered by the use of fire skills. Consider this and make necessary corrections, then get back to me on being listed.

Edit: I created a poeurl for your level 92 skill tree as it was not possible to be posted into the offline skill-tree planner easily using the website you chose. I had some questions for you about it:

Why did you take Blast Radius, but disregard Amplify? I mean, since this is a rolling flames threshold jewel build.
Why is there a hanging single mana point north of the Templar jewel socket?
Why did you prioritize 4 points spent through Shaper, when those 4 points could path through the area between Templar & Marauder and acquire another jewel socket?

I have also made the changes I mentioned in a version for you, should you desire it. I have added the 2 points to acquire Amplify, I re-routed through the single dex node near templar start to help more with your dex needs, and rerouted for the extra socket. I also don't recommend the last hp/resistance point behind Barbarism as it is really inefficient.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Dec 16, 2016, 6:29:20 PM
"
Kwitch wrote:
I would like to see a few things present here:

Stats indicating the mana cost of the skill with 4 support gems.
Some evidence to support the claim that Molten Shell has 'permanent shield'

Recalculate your total Mana, as you failed for include the bonus granted by your Pledge of Hands
Some kind of damage consideration
Some kind of map limitation
Discussion on how you deal with reflect

And most importantly, reconsider your understanding on how Mastermind of Discord works. I believe you have mistaken the interaction to assume that by casting Fire Spells, you have somehow triggered the reduction of Lightning resistance, as indicated several times in your build guide where comments such as Herald of Thunder or Arc/Shock Nova benefited from Mastermind. In reality, Cold resistance is the resistance lowered by the use of fire skills. Consider this and make necessary corrections, then get back to me on being listed.

Edit: I created a poeurl for your level 92 skill tree as it was not possible to be posted into the offline skill-tree planner easily using the website you chose. I had some questions for you about it:

Why did you take Blast Radius, but disregard Amplify? I mean, since this is a rolling flames threshold jewel build.
Why is there a hanging single mana point north of the Templar jewel socket?
Why did you prioritize 4 points spent through Shaper, when those 4 points could path through the area between Templar & Marauder and acquire another jewel socket?

I have also made the changes I mentioned in a version for you, should you desire it. I have added the 2 points to acquire Amplify, I re-routed through the single dex node near templar start to help more with your dex needs, and rerouted for the extra socket. I also don't recommend the last hp/resistance point behind Barbarism as it is really inefficient.

Cheers

Hello,

really appreciate your feedback, it is great help!! I will try to update build. Here are some answers:

1) Missing Amplify is my error, I have it in previous versions, but forgot on it at this one :x

2) Single mana point north of the Templar jewel socket - Do you think +10 intelligence? It is there because of second part Rolling Flames - "With at least 50 Intelligence Allocated in Radius"

3) I am trying your re-route now, it seems to be good improvement :) Firstly I was too focused on Shaper due to the mana consumption of my build, but I will get chance this option with extra jewel socket.

4) Last point behind Barbarism - Not sure right now, but I will see in near future.

5) Mastermind of Discord - there is some misunderstanding I believe. I am focusing on the following part as Fireball is my main skill - "Damage Penetrates 25% Fire Resistance if you've used a Lightning Skill in the past 10". Lightning skills from helmet should ensure me another 25% penetration for my Fireball.

6) I will add parts about Molten Shell, mana, damage and maps till end of this weekend. I already have there short spoiler about reflection, but I will extend it.

Once again, Thank you for the feedback. This buikd is still live and I want to improve it as far as possible :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info