"Life of a Path of Exile Player"

I know one things for sure. My wife wouldn't have left me.
Sometimes winning one game is losing another.

The real question is which one has priority for the person?

Sometimes we put more than we should into games and many developers have taken advantage of this. Designing around it. Making things require more effort or time for the sake of their electronic fantasy worlds. I took a lot of interest in game design so maybe that is why I see this way. But I think a video game at least, should be distilled down like classic games.

Chess, Go, Gin Rummy. Even real time games can be likened to rock, paper, scissors with bluffing at their core. But all of that is obfuscated through intentional or poor design. Adding layers of numbers to make the R,P,S harder to see and adding odd timings and delays to bluffing. All to make the game unnecessarily more complex than it has to be to deliver its experience.

Path of Exile is just a two part puzzle->reflex game. Most people use premade/meta builds to skip the puzzle aspect, then just react like robots. Thing is, testing to see if you have solved the puzzle takes forever. You have to waste a lot of time and effort because of all the grinding to see if your answer to the puzzle is even close. So the developers have intentionally made 'playing' half their game require an inordinate amount of time. Then even if you have an answer, it will probably be destroyed by future nerfs or difficulty increases.

Thus the only way to beat PoE is to not play.
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
"
Maceless wrote:
Thus the only way to beat PoE is to not play.

Nail, meet head.
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
butterfly effect.......

ya that is what i was going to say. it would have been a lot shorter to just link things to the already known "butterfly effect" which states that even a little butterfly flapping its wings can have catastrophic consequences which ripple outward eventually echoing to the other side of the world.

i mean i read the whole OP anyway....but still.

Definitely vaal power siphon.

Ehh wrong thread ignore post.
Last edited by jeke777 on Dec 12, 2016, 7:40:55 AM
ey
"
solwitch wrote:
If Adam wouldn't have completed the map could it have been them?

It bothers me more than it should...
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Dec 12, 2016, 1:08:27 PM
I had a girl play with me in D3 a while ago (more like, 2012) and she... eh, she kinda fucked me over big time, to the point where i got super depressed, attempted... certain things under... certain substances, and... well, after a month of living in filth and sorrow, i moved away from D3, to PoE... and welp, here i am... Well, the transition wasnt that easy, i joined the military and stuff before the breakup, and duty called so... eventually im here lol
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Now ask yourself what certain events in your life or ingame before you read this thread caused you to be here? And if anything was ever different would you have ended here in the first place?

Well, I can answer with confidence that I live intensively IF u consider my poor economic state. I'm a laborer, living in Brazil (a terrible country that has a mix of Riches and Miserables in the same level of degree) and I'm old enough to decide what I want for the next years.

A fellow friend of mine indicated this great game in 2014 and I'm playing this since then. Have no regrets and today I'm a guild leader. Every day I talk with different people from my Country and even abroad (one member is from Argentina, South America).

Finally, answering: Yes, I'd be here again and again if I had the choice. I tell u that because I played Diablo II a lot and PoE is even better than that game!...So, I'm here for the new experiences + the good Nostalgia! XD
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
I had a girl play with me in D3 a while ago (more like, 2012) and she... eh, she kinda fucked me over big time, to the point where i got super depressed, attempted... certain things under... certain substances, and... well, after a month of living in filth and sorrow, i moved away from D3, to PoE... and welp, here i am... Well, the transition wasnt that easy, i joined the military and stuff before the breakup, and duty called so... eventually im here lol

Well here's a hug from this troll... Happy holidays :)
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info