"Life of a Path of Exile Player"

I sometimes wonder (besides the typical academia individual) what is it that some of us do behind that thing we call a, "life." I recently watched the movie "Cloud Atlas," and was wondering if by chance, thinking if what we do inside our games could inadvertently affect our future selves outcomes/actions outside our lives from gaming.

Of course it does... And I was pleasantly surprised of how a scenario like this could be theoretically non-fiction. Let's start...

Adam by chance meets Eve... Eve loves to play PoE. Introduces Adam to the game. While playing Adam misses out on a few activities such as meeting bob who he doesn't know just yet, however bob is the hiring manager of a firm Adam is applying for. If Adam were to have not played and done the grocery shopping he would have seen bob at the same supermarket. One week later Adam comes homes tells eve he didn't get the job. Now if Adam would have seen bob perhaps he could have struck a conversation up during his interview stating he saw him at his local supermarket.

There are a plethora of examples...

Adam decides to wait to drive Eve to her moms house. He is almost done with clearing a map. After a few minutes they leave, get in the car and drive off to her moms house. On the way they see a car accident that just recently occurred. If Adam wouldn't of completed the map could it of been them?

Cause and effect... Cause and effect...

Here's a crazier one...

Adam lowballs a player in the game. The player in the game unknown to Adam is a lobbyist for Washington D.C He actually works directly for the VP and because Adam low balled him the lobbyist went late to work trying to sell other items. Frustrated and depressed from the game the lobbyist heads to work late and in a bad mood. Thus loosing his job by accidently calling the VP an absurd title and misplacing his/her speech. VP looses the election...

Open at your own insanity...

Spoiler
Now ask yourself what certain events in your life or ingame before you read this thread caused you to be here? And if anything was ever different would you have ended here in the first place?

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Dec 11, 2016, 8:09:34 PM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2016, 2:24:59 PM
This is too deep. I CANNOT HANDLE THE DEEPS!
Everything affects everything. All the time.
Solwitch did it again...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
butterfly effect.......
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
I knew i shouldn't have stepped on that ant five days ago.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Gotta be quick on the flasks.
Deep.
Wondering what would have happened...
Last edited by Scherge on Dec 11, 2016, 8:45:36 PM
I wonder how this forum is moderated. When troll threads like these are not moved to off topic even after being reported.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
This is that whole Chinese/Buddhist proverb 'we'll see' stuff of nothing in life that happens has any morality or level of 'goodness' or 'badness' to it, shit just happens.

Kid brakes his leg, too bad says mom but buddhist monk says we'll see. War happens he can't go. That's good mom says, we'll see says monk. Kid gets killed walking home from school when he wouldn't have been hit by that truck if he were healthy enough to have been a child soldier. But now mom is more attractive to potential mates without a snot nosed little shit cock blocking her.

Stuff just happens. No fate, no 'good' or 'bad'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info