3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

I played this build self-found except for the shield. It was a really good league starter for me.

Vinktar flask isn't necessary, at least not for reflect. Haven't tried the Shaper or Uber though. I've have never died to a rare reflect mob and usually don't even notice them.
I've done reflect maps by swapping life leech for WED. It's doable but you have to watch for double reflect.
Thanks to the OP for making this build/guide. I've played it and I think that the build has been very well-positioned in terms of the costs of the items this league:

- Shield/helmet, super cheap
- 6l body, still quite cheap compared to ES 6ls
- 1-h sword, again cheap but not that many good swords on the market (High attack speed/crit chance with big ele dmg is what is needed. I think my sword was something like 60c and it is fine but far from optimized.)
- Boots/gloves, well here there is just lots of options and you can spend anything from like 5c to...
- Rings/amulet, the same as boots/gloves

I am not logged in at the moment but I think my stats are something like:

Dps tooltip: 33.9k (with Greater Multiple Projectiles, with Slower Proj it goes up with more than 20k)
Life: 6.1k
Crit chance: 50%
Attack speed: 4.10

That is in hideout with Herald of Ice and Wrath up, at level 91. My gear is VERY FAR from optimized and the dps/life can certainly be pushed a lot (and with further levels it would be quite easy to do that). Bosses are not generally a problem. But Slower Projectiles means that you need some mechanical skill to be efficient (which, in my opinion, is just more fun).

Overall a nice, cheap build. Can't do ele reflect since you will die to reflect monsters if you happen to not have flasks up. Life is the biggest downside in my opinion. But then again, that is partly what makes it cheap. People have complained in previous posts about mana issues and, yes, there are issues here. Just grabbing some mana leech nodes for leveling is fine. I'd say that as long as you can get 3 ST's off then you're fine (if I recall correctly, that means that you have to have at least 129 mana reserved). If you happen to not hit anything with those then it is more about skill than about the build. (Also, the build would be insanely good if you had unlimited mana!)

I am writing this just after the 2.6 manifesto and it will be interesting to see what the new skill tree and buff to 1-h swords means for the build.

So, thanks to OP for the build/guide. I might try it again next league.

EDIT: I think my profile is public and if anyone were to have a look at it, please note that certain gems and defensive set-ups can look weird, but that is probably due to me testing stuff.
Last edited by VoicesUK on Feb 23, 2017, 5:10:56 PM
Are u going to update the guide to 2.6?
Did you check how the build fares if you don't focus mostly on Lightning ?
What about Darkray vectors and choir of the storm?
I'M planning this build for the 2.6 but I have to wait the patch notes. If we don't have the currency to pick a good rare sword we can use hyaons fury which is a good starter
"
Michraj wrote:
Did you check how the build fares if you don't focus mostly on Lightning ?

How would you not focus on lightning damage? I think you'd have to change the build quite a bit. He uses lightning pen. And a lot of the damage comes from wrath. And there's vinktar.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Feb 28, 2017, 3:53:37 PM
"
maclarca wrote:
I'M planning this build for the 2.6 but I have to wait the patch notes. If we don't have the currency to pick a good rare sword we can use hyaons fury which is a good starter

Is it though? A shitty foil with good attack speed and any crit might be better than hyaons fury. Maybe it depends on wrath's level. It's worth testing at the very beginning of the league I guess :)
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Feb 28, 2017, 3:54:30 PM
Hi everyone,
is there anyone planning on making a tree for this build for Legacy league? if so does anyone want to compare trees when the new one comes out tomorrow? :)
mite need a hand
Hi,

with the new buff of Rotgut Quicksilver Flask we basically have all the bonus of raider.
and the new
"
Unset Rings can now roll a new mod that increases the level of the socketed gem by up to three levels.
, - empower + wrath ?
Last edited by Asardial on Mar 1, 2017, 4:15:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info