The FireFly (Lite)

"
DreamScythe wrote:
"
XavecoYoO wrote:
You said about avatar of fire, but you didn't pick avatar of fire on the skill tree, how you do the other part of conversion?

ohhhh my bad =P ty
IGN: Xaveks
Love this build, gj man!

One problem I foud out is physical damage mitigation, spike bombs are wrecking you if you run accidently into them. So I switched my Kaoms for a 6s Belly of the beast (still have 5,5k life)to set up 2 CWDT setups on 4l and 2l, also Im using Vaal Grace in my 4l CWDT setup so you have a 13s additional dodge/spelldodge so you can keep it up as long you are finding mobs. It helps as far I can see, so maybe its an option for someone.

Another one is DEX, is hard to get even if you take 30DEX node. Im missing DEX on my gloves but everything else you can have it, I do and Im at 106DEX, so be aware of that too.

Also Im using an Experimenter's Quarzt flask of Adrenalin in combination with an Experimenter's Quicksilver flask of Staunching to boost your movespeed/dodge/spelldodge and you can run trough mob packs without beeing blocked.

3 Flask nodes from witch-area is a super boost to your flasks 7+seconds flask duration is awesome, worht investing imho.

Doryani's invitation belt (fire version) is also a good boost to your fire damage and you are getting little bit of leech, not much but nice to have. Off course this is only an option for you if you are capped on resists.

My Abberath's hooves are 3blue 1green and Im using Inc.AoE+Cont.Destr.+AddedLightning+addedCold dmg.

Done only T13 maps so far, but I can carry an 3man party if they can keep up with my movespeed xD

so thats my version of this awesome build.

gl hf ;)
Last edited by Sersch on Jan 10, 2017, 2:46:43 PM
"
Sersch wrote:
Love this build, gj man!

One problem I foud out is physical damage mitigation, spike bombs are wrecking you if you run accidently into them. So I switched my Kaoms for a 6s Belly of the beast (still have 5,5k life)to set up 2 CWDT setups on 4l and 2l, also Im using Vaal Grace in my 4l CWDT setup so you have a 13s additional dodge/spelldodge so you can keep it up as long you are finding mobs. It helps as far I can see, so maybe its an option for someone.

Another one is DEX, is hard to get even if you take 30DEX node. Im missing DEX on my gloves but everything else you can have it, I do and Im at 106DEX, so be aware of that too.

Also Im using an Experimenter's Quarzt flask of Adrenalin in combination with an Experimenter's Quicksilver flask of Staunching to boost your movespeed/dodge/spelldodge and you can run trough mob packs without beeing blocked.

3 Flask nodes from witch-area is a super boost to your flasks 7+seconds flask duration is awesome, worht investing imho.

Doryani's invitation belt (fire version) is also a good boost to your fire damage and you are getting little bit of leech, not much but nice to have. Off course this is only an option for you if you are capped on resists.

My Abberath's hooves are 3blue 1green and Im using Inc.AoE+Cont.Destr.+AddedLightning+addedCold dmg.

Done only T13 maps so far, but I can carry an 3man party if they can keep up with my movespeed xD

so thats my version of this awesome build.

gl hf ;)

Hey! glad you like the build!

I havnt played in a while due to work, but I like the quartz flask idea. My boots setup is the same as you said, I just havnt updated the guide in a while.

I dont think doryani's belt is very usefull (0.2% leach is hardly noticeable). Better off using Soulthirst to mitigate phys dmg.

As for dex, I didnt have any trouble getting dex gloves/ ring. Thats 100 dex right there.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
DreamScythe wrote:

I dont think doryani's belt is very usefull (0.2% leach is hardly noticeable). Better off using Soulthirst to mitigate phys dmg.

How do Soulthirst mitigate damage? The soul eater part?
"
Sersch wrote:
"
DreamScythe wrote:

Yea, since all u really do is run around using flasks, u will gain stacks of souleater (which reduce physical damage taken per stack)
"
DreamScythe wrote:
"
Sersch wrote:
"
DreamScythe wrote:

Yea, since all u really do is run around using flasks, u will gain stacks of souleater (which reduce physical damage taken per stack)

According to wiki:
Soulthirst grants Soul Eater on kill during flask effect. Soul Eater is a stacking buff that grants elemental resistances, increased attack speed, increased cast speed, and increased character size. Once flask effect ends, either by fulfilling the flask duration or when mana or life fills to full, the player loses all souls gained during Soul Eater. This also occurs if the player uses another flask while Soul Eater is active.

Tried it out and its meh imho. It reduces flask duration and giving you nothing useful. Ill stick with Doryanis 25%incr.fire damage + resists + 10%chance to ignite while using flask + Armour. In my eyes it beats Soulthirst by a lot.
"

According to wiki:
Soulthirst grants Soul Eater on kill during flask effect. Soul Eater is a stacking buff that grants elemental resistances, increased attack speed, increased cast speed, and increased character size. Once flask effect ends, either by fulfilling the flask duration or when mana or life fills to full, the player loses all souls gained during Soul Eater. This also occurs if the player uses another flask while Soul Eater is active.

Tried it out and its meh imho. It reduces flask duration and giving you nothing useful. Ill stick with Doryanis 25%incr.fire damage + resists + 10%chance to ignite while using flask + Armour. In my eyes it beats Soulthirst by a lot.

no that is not correct (unless of course they secretly changed it very recently). Soul eater grants 4% physical reduction, attack speed, cast speed, and maybe ele resistance.

The phys mitigation is very powerful if you can manage your flasks well.
damn these boots are quite expensive,was looking for a new build next leage but cant start with that one then i guess.
couple ex to get the build going is too much for start of the league but i wonder,
is it this build which makes them expensive?
This build and the fact that they are truly amazing leveling items.
Ran the build this league. Was the most fun I had since shatterbolt back in the day.

Running around in parties and having people ask "what is your attack skill?" was the most satisfying thing this league.

Early league 2 ex (assuming that would be the starting price) is dirt cheap for a pair of abberaths.

The fact that the boots are used in a couple of builds (firefly/firefly lite/stampede) and as an alternate leveling tool is what makes 'em pricey.

If you want to run this build as a league starter the leveling section in the guide offers an alternate way to get to lvl 65-70 without the boots. Assuming the golem jewels are expensive as fuck next league getting 2 clayshapers and redirecting the rest of your currency towards a pair of boots should be doable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info