How to flip for massive profit? New players please read this !

Hi everyone, this incidents happens to me and I would like to share with everyone on how people flip items for massive profit.

Some people may have known this trick but I am just sharing this for the benefit of new players as I am also a new player myself who recently migrated from garena and are quite new to poe trade.

I am sharing this with everyone because I am one of the victims.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Firstly, this guy invited 4-5 of his IRL friends or his trusted friend to a party.

Then, this party leader would post his high end item for sale in POE trade for a price that is grossly under-priced BUT his intention is not to sell his item, so he would ignore anyone who PM him for that item.

Next, he passes his item to another one of his friend in the party and his friend did the same thing except that his friend sells that item on poe trade at the same price or lower.

When his friend completed the same task, he passes that item to another one of his friend in the party and the cycle continues until all the his friends have posted the item for sale in poe trade.

Now the next thing they do is to get more friends to do the same thing and they will monitor the poe trade for the same item that they are selling.

Remember, their intention was not to sell that item but to create a false impression of the market for sellers as most sellers would normally sell their item at the lowest price offered by poe trade for quick currency (subjected to item rolls).

Now once they saw the item's price in poe trade drops below the price they are selling or at the same price they offered, they would PM these unsuspecting sellers and buy their item immediately.

Now they will keep doing this until the end of the day.

The next day, they will resell all the items on poe trade BUT at the price that is much higher than the price they offered the previous day and dominate the market for massive profit. Because these items are high end item at the early stages of this league, the loot drop is very likely to be very low and thus, they are very likely to dominate the market price for that item if their plan succeeded.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, how did i know about this? Because i was PM-ed by one group of that people who wanted to buy my item and all of them happens to be sellers of that item at poe trade. But, when you PM them for that item they are selling, they never respond even though they are online and they are sellers of that item with the exact same rolls of that item on poe trade !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, don't get scammed by prices in POE trade, especially for new players.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SO how do genuine sellers counter this cheap trick?

Firstly, decide on which item that you want to sell.

Next, search for the lowest item's price on POE trade and try to PM the sellers for that item.

IF that seller responds and invites you and you are already in the trade window screen, then that item's real price is TRULY at that price.

Next, decline the trade and apologize to that person for wasting his time because you are not buying his item and are just using him to test the item's price.

Now, you can safely sell your high end item for that price.

If anybody has a better plan, feel free to share for the benefit of all genuine sellers/new players who really wants to play this game to progress but not by flipping ; )

Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Dec 14, 2016, 8:53:26 PM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2016, 8:53:12 PM
I think you are overthinking this by ALOT, you really don't need more then 1 person to do this.... beside this seems like alot of hustle to begin with ... flipping is way easier than that
my plan is to to set my price a bit higher first and then if in few hours time nobody contacts me I assume that the cheapest offers are not fake and I can lower the price
"
AintCare wrote:
I think you are overthinking this by ALOT, you really don't need more then 1 person to do this.... beside this seems like alot of hustle to begin with ... flipping is way easier than that

Well, its not a hustle if its high end uniques and if there is a lot of profit to be made
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

Well, its not a hustle if its high end uniques and if there is a lot of profit to be made

considering you have what 4-6 ppl involved and if you make 4+ex a day EACH person during 5h/day play then yeah i think it might be worth it, if not its not worth the hustle cuz you can make about the same just flipping solo
"
AintCare wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

considering you have what 4-6 ppl involved and if you make 4+ex a day EACH person during 5h/day play then yeah i think it might be worth it, if not its not worth the hustle cuz you can make about the same just flipping solo

Well i think its not hustle just by posting an item for sale. How long does it take just to post an item for sale using procurement/acquisition?

For me, it takes less than 2 minutes including processing time.

If the plan succeeded 4ex profit a day could mean 240 chaos divided by 5 or 6 members = 40++ chaos at least just for monitoring and posting. At the same time, you can just play the game and periodically check the rates.

So much efficient than grinding chaos recipes.

And if it's high end items, it is very likely to be very limited supply at the start of the league so it's easier to dominate the market and gain massive profit.

Plus, it's much easier to dominate the high end markets if you're working in a group rather than solo flipping as group has more "fingers" to grab the sales.
Pixels, just pixels.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

Well i think its not hustle just by posting an item for sale. How long does it take just to post an item for sale using procurement/acquisition?

If the plan succeeded 4ex profit a day could mean 240 chaos divided by 5 or 6 members = 40++ chaos at least just for monitoring and posting. At the same time, you can just play the game and periodically check the rates.

And if it's high end items, it is very likely to be very limited supply at the start of the league so it's easier to dominate the market and gain massive profit.

Plus, it's much easier to dominate the high end markets if you're working in a group rather than solo flipping as group has more "fingers" to grab the sales.

I meant 4ex per day per person, <1ex a day profit is nothing... and the process described by OP seems lil more complicated then just "posting an item for trade"... just a tad more complicated...
"
AintCare wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

I meant 4ex per day per person, <1ex a day profit is nothing... and the process described by OP seems lil more complicated then just "posting an item for trade"... just a tad more complicated...

Sorry I have no experience flipping items for profit. 4ex per person per day profit in the first week of the league seems to be only for seasoned players like you ; ) By the way, are you the guy who linked the headhunter in general chat yesterday lol? He happened to have 5 challenges completed too !

I only managed to make 2ex all by selling uniques that I have found on the third day and I be happy just by making at least 40 chaos per day during the first week where some uniques still has some value....

Still, the strategy to price check items like i mentioned above works but it may be very annoying lol for the sellers.
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Dec 9, 2016, 12:14:38 AM
OP is right, i got scamed by such people with a sale of an item that went 15c cheeper than normal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info