2.5.0b Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:
Breach monsters now have a lower chance to spawn Beyond portals.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
"
Galtrovan wrote:
Great. When is Triskeriaki going to be fixed so that the kill challenge can be completed?

Supposedly, Triskeriaki was moved from Kaom's Path to Kaom's Dream (Kaom's Path removed) in 2.4.3.

Well, myself and no one I have asked has seen/found/killed Triskeriaki in 2.5.

Are we just very unlucky with our running of Kaom's Dream or is the spawn bugged?

Killed it a day ago. Just sniff thoroughly.
wow god forbid nornal players can get maps with ease .. NO WE GOTTA NERF THAT... trash
"
Qarl wrote:

The chance of Essences to occur in maps has been increased by around 50%.

Very nice
Last edited by pathfinding on Dec 7, 2016, 9:09:51 AM
"
Qarl wrote:

[li]Spells triggered by Scorching Ray now target your cursor's location, rather than at the end of the beam.[/li]

Can't check at the moment, but can this, will this, or has this already been 'fixed' for Kitava's helm? I played with it when it was released and my projectile spells fired at random outside of a certain, rather small radius. More info here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1722001
From an experienced noob, these changes look fine. Having watched a few streamers get 3+ maps from breaches did seem excessive on top of the other loot and the experience gain.

Essence was a rarity in normal difficulty, but then again, they are very obscure for new players since it is easy to use a higher level essence and end up making an item unusable because of the mods level-requirement, which isn't communicated clearly. By making them much more rare you encourage less upgrading of them and therefore lessens that problem.

My main pet peeves with the game as it stands are:

- Better explain interactions between gems, support gems and passives. These interactions are very obscure even with the helper tags. I would look towards building and explaining the pyramid of damage types, a pyramid of defensive types and a utility interaction chart based around mods, gems and passives. Right now it takes a lot of experience to know what tags interact in what way. I don't mind the obscurity towards the unique items in the game. It frankly makes it more enjoyable to experiment with those, but make the gem-system and passive system easier to approach for newbees, not by dumbing them down, but by explaining them better!

- Improve the minimaps: Right now I often end up missing a connection particularly in the Kaom areas. Also, the Aquaduct mini-map is rather difficult to use since there are too many unnecessary details. Particularly, look at making pathable areas more clear since that is the main issue.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
Ну когда появится русская озвучка? Я ждал этого обновления думая что наконец то смогу прослушать всю историю игры, а в итоге озвучки нет. Прошу вас сделайте весь упор на добавление русской озвучки.
Well, when there will be a Russian voice? I was waiting for this update, thinking that finally can listen to the entire story of the game, but in the end no voice. Please make all emphasis on adding Russian voice.
IM WITH THE SAME BUG HERE, ALT TAB dont work anymore :(
"
snobants wrote:
IM WITH THE SAME BUG HERE, ALT TAB dont work anymore :(

I managed to get around that by playing with DX11 in windowed mode
Last edited by bestjin on Dec 7, 2016, 10:05:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info