The AH dream is dead.

"
vio wrote:

an auction house would remove...

An AH would remove a lot of things, but would also turn the whole feeling of progression upside down, and they would need to re-balance everything. Every. Thing.

Never underestimate the psychological effect an AH would give to players feeling of progression, and the feeling of requirement it would give players. Instant "power-ups" available two mouse-clicks away, that would remove all sense of progression in the game for 20 levels.

And to even THINK that an AH, where items are VERY available, and "in your face", wouldn't affect the drop rates, is naive. And then we begin on this slippery slope where an AH becomes mandatory. And THAT is the END of PoE for, well, I'm not going to pull a number out of my ass as others do, but let's just say "a lot of players".

Fuck "instant gratification".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
FIX TRADING PLS. NO MORE EXCUSES
"
Phrazz wrote:
Instant "power-ups" available two mouse-clicks away, that would remove all sense of progression in the game for 20 levels.

currently most players have a immense pressure to sell cheap because of limited storage, an auction house which removes items from your inventory would remove that pressure.

this would be compensated by more people trading because it just got cheaper and easier, more items on the market = lower prices.

it's debatable whether the increased supply would lower prices, i think yes.

---

aspects i see for improved trading:
- being able to trade offline and/or cross instance
- limit the amount of trading per person for a certain time across different accounts
- put players before the decision whether it's worth selling an item to other players
- make people negotiate prices so players can get bargains/make good deals

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
It's funny he's against automated trade when we already have 3/4s of an AH.

Already people don't have to work for anything they get. Just save up a little currency and boom you nearly instantly get anything you want right when you want it.

It's not how efficient or automated trade is that's evil it's trade in general.
They'd much rather spend resources on selling premium stash tabs and currency tabs. Meanwhile blind fanboys have no idea why they are hating on the AH, lol
If D3 had never introduced RMT into it's AH I don't think we would be seeing this kind of a lashback against the idea. I don't think it would impact the game nearly as bad as they think - poetrade is already pretty much a requirement for anyone gearing a character. A lot of the time you simply can't grind all the specific items you need by yourself.

I still think being able to buy vendor tabs for the stash and sell things to other people through that while offline or AFK is a good middle ground.
People hate on the D3 AH because it lowered drop rates. Meanwhile the drop rates in PoE are so poor you absolutely must trade if you want to get anywhere fast, sometimes even for essential skill gems. Kind of funny to think about it this way.
They could put it in a separate game mode. Instead of bringing it to Standard put it in it's own thing.

Go play Auction mode if you want a borked economy.

I would be cool with that.
The economy can be easily fixed by changing the drop rates. The only people affected by this will be the solo self found crowd and if we are talking about vocal minority they fit the bill perfectly.
IMO I wouldn't change the drop rates. Just add the auction house in a new mode. Then go play there if you want easy access to rares and uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info