ppl are fake posting items on poe.trade

Long live player controlled economy , I can post whatever I want for as much as I want .
"
BestMageKR wrote:
Long live player controlled economy , I can post whatever I want for as much as I want .

and do you sell it 100% of the time, if someone offers you your listing price ?
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
vio wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

it gets detected by people with custom-made scripts (not poe.trade).

well, the live search feature (even with acoustic notification) is a part of poe.trade and it just got alot more popular.

Yeah, I watched that and my first thought was 'good luck making money like that, now every ziggyd watcher will be doing it' :D

No, I'm not talking about live search, I'm talking about custom-made user scripts which parse GGG's database and send an automatic message immediately when you set your price. Try pricing a tabula at 5c to see what I'm talking about. This is different from poe.trade live search because items have a certain delay before they appear online there.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Dec 6, 2016, 9:48:36 AM
I sold my Energy from Within last night and am STILL getting whispers to buy it; the website is bugging out.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
"
Bars wrote:
I'm talking about custom-made user scripts which parse GGG's database and send an automatic message immediately when you set your price.

ah ok, makes sense.

of course a program that parses the api's new item's stream and throws the results away is much faster than a program that needs to store the items in a database.

i wonder if:
- everybody can run such a script? do you need a authentification token to be served?
- if no, how does that scale if thousands of people do that?
- does it count as automatisation if you let the program send buy requests by simulating keyboard input to the game client (if no, how to detect that)?

"
I sold my Energy from Within last night and am STILL getting whispers to buy it; the website is bugging out.

try to make the tab non-public to force a refresh over the api. (dunno if that works)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
FYI for those that are /DNDing you can use that new /autoreply feature instead so that you won't deter away any other trades you have up.

Just an FYI.
"
FYI for those that are /DNDing you can use that new /autoreply feature instead so that you won't deter away any other trades you have up.

Just an FYI.

Not really a good solution since it turns off any time you change zones.
U MAD?
"
vio wrote:

i wonder if:
- everybody can run such a script? do you need a authentification token to be served?
- if no, how does that scale if thousands of people do that?
- does it count as automatisation if you let the program send buy requests by simulating keyboard input to the game client (if no, how to detect that)?

I've no idea. Zero experience with these programs.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Dec 6, 2016, 1:54:27 PM
Yea no shit. Its damned annoying to have to go through 20 items ofthe one thing you want before you even get a response from people who are supposed to be on line. :P FIX THIS SHIT GGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info