ppl are fake posting items on poe.trade

Look at the "Energy From Within" jewels the first ~ 10 are < 15c but if you wanna buy them you wont get any response or they are sold already but still listed in poe.trade.

There must be a group of ppl that lists items on purpose way too cheap ( nobody can buy just to show in poe.trade ) confusing the market and make pricechecking impossible.

This is a problematic marketstrategy because everybody has to ask 10-20 ppl. until someone actually wants to sell their listed items...

sry for my bad english
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 1:43:36 PM
"
Killu wrote:
Look at the "Energy From Within" jewels the first ~ 10 are < 15c but if you wanna buy them you wont get any response or they are sold already but still listed in poe.trade.

There must be a group of ppl that lists items on purpose way too cheap ( nobody can buy just to show in poe.trade ) confusing the market and make pricechecking impossible.

This is a problematic marketstrategy because everybody has to ask 10-20 ppl. until someone actually wants to sell their listed items...

sry for my bad english

It COULD be that...OR it could be that POE Trade is bugged right now. Currently the data that POE Trade uses, that comes from GGG, is not working quite right. Old items that have been sold, or unlisted, are showing back up on POE Trade. It's possible that these jewels have been sold already, and the people who sold them are just tired of telling people that over and over again.

- Sheepster
I heard there is a delay in information of about 20 minutes. I hope they can figure out what's causing it soon :/
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I listed my ew for 20c, then took it down to 10c

the amount of whispers I received in like 15 mins was ridiculous. sold it to the first whisper then put /dnd energy within sold, no spam pls. I got that I underpriced it (prolly shouldve listed at 15c first) but just couldnt give too many fucks...but the amount of pms is so spammy cant even play without dnd

last time I had this many pms was when I listed inc. duration gem for 1alch.
Last edited by grepman on Dec 5, 2016, 8:21:28 PM
Why are ppl who selling "Energy From Within Jewel" for 3c and asking me for my "Energy From Within Jewel" for 15c, same with the Kaom's cards...

This is a very good market strategy because the majority of the people thinks:

"ok its worth nothing now"

and listing their items for like 1c and actually sell them to the scammers because they are instantly buying.

The only way GGG can prevent that is: if i wanna buy a listed item you have to get it no matter what.

Maybe like the auction house in diablo 3...

SSF is not an option for me because of the shitty droprate :(
Last edited by Killu on Dec 5, 2016, 8:27:38 PM
the problem is trade is too good right now (live search in particular), and the influx of players for this release confirms it

also as I understand it, also, GGG APIs are getting absolutely hammered by poe.trade and other crawlers in this league.
Last edited by grepman on Dec 5, 2016, 8:26:25 PM
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Killu wrote:

sry for my bad english

It COULD be that...OR it could be that POE Trade is bugged right now. Currently the data that POE Trade uses, that comes from GGG, is not working quite right. Old items that have been sold, or unlisted, are showing back up on POE Trade. It's possible that these jewels have been sold already, and the people who sold them are just tired of telling people that over and over again.
No.

These people are market manipulating. Period.
"
Killu wrote:

sry for my bad english

You must be new here. This is EXACTLY what is happening, bold part in particular. There is a group of people price fixing in this way trying to goad newer players to list items cheaper than they are worth and then flipping for massive profits. It's fucking stupid and a huge turn-off to any newer players who want to get into the game/trading. GGG sees this as fair game play though, so it won't be changing.
"
Zaugrishak wrote:
It's fucking stupid and a huge turn-off to any newer players who want to get into the game/trading.

You get screwed out of a couple Chaos once. It sucks. I've been there (for a couple things even, because I'm a dumb idiot). However, you get used to it after that one singular experience. If a single set-back puts one off the game entirely, eh. They're free to do as such, but maybe this wasn't the game for them anyways.

--------
It's remarkable how common this tactic is nowadays, it must be said. Always has happened here and there, but it happens with essentially everything by now. It's unavoidable and blatantly obvious by now.
"
Pathological wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Killu wrote:

sry for my bad english

No.

These people are market manipulating. Period.

Find a popular item, list it a cheap price.

Let's see if you respond to every single whisper up to 2 hours after you've sold it. I doubt it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info