[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

@nephalim

hi, played your ele bow marauder and some patches later scion build. If I remember correctly.

Dumb question. Hope i get a neutral answer. But i thinnk you are one of the least trolling and honest "long time" player in this forum.
For grinding to 100 and kill one time shaper and uatziri would you prefer your ele bow build or the poison barage king of the forest variant?
--- TEMPUS FUGIT ---
"
derbund666 wrote:
@nephalim

hi, played your ele bow marauder and some patches later scion build. If I remember correctly.

Dumb question. Hope i get a neutral answer. But i thinnk you are one of the least trolling and honest "long time" player in this forum.
For grinding to 100 and kill one time shaper and uatziri would you prefer your ele bow build or the poison barage king of the forest variant?

I have not played poison bow but ele LA is imo the stronger 100 runner.
Poison is much better at grinding shaper/guardians/uber atziri.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
redrumdog wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

Flask optimization #1 priority for you right now

Should not be Level 87 and using a white Divine Life Flask

This build is quite good, but really takes off once you have even basic flasks. You don't have to buy Vinktar (although it would be really nice) to start with, but just having a trio of Silver/Diamond/Atziri flask to start would upgrade your results a lot imo

Ok thanks, I'll definitely give that a try!
I saved that for last cause I'm not very good at the game yet, so more buttons to push are gonna mess me up for sure haha. Guess I'll have to learn.
About that...how are you supposed to use those flasks? Just pop em all at once during a boss fight/breach and go crazy?

Thanks!

Imo,

Some Flasks are pre-emptive like Basalt, some Flasks are reactive like Seething Life Flasks for example.

Your setup looks pretty good now. Just make sure you have 1-4 active when you're fighting and the Life Flask as a panic button, and you'll do just fine. LA is great AOE clear but also as a side effect will fill flasks very quickly too.

Yeah flasks really did the trick for me. As a new player, I didn't know they could be so strong in this game!
Before setting them up I was really struggling... now I absolutely destroy breaches and I'm steadily progressing through red maps.
Managed to do normal atziri and a twinned T14 very easily... also cleared 3 breach domains with minutes to spare. I think guardians are gonna be a pain in the arse... but I'm confident sooner or later I'll get em, since gear has still massive room for improvement (although it's getting really expensive now!).
I'm digging this build right now.
Guys what would be the best 6th gem for Barrage?
Managed to get a 6-linked coil.

THX
Are you updating this to 2.6?
"
Ishamz wrote:
Are you updating this to 2.6?

I am not due time constraints.
I see some LA trees pick pierce nodes from the tree and some don't, why's that?

Im using gmp/wed/addlightning/chain for my LA setup. Do chain and pierce go together, or should i respec out of the pierce nodes?
"
Ishamz wrote:
I see some LA trees pick pierce nodes from the tree and some don't, why's that?

Im using gmp/wed/addlightning/chain for my LA setup. Do chain and pierce go together, or should i respec out of the pierce nodes?

Pierce stops a projectile from chaining. Never have both.
Chain and fork are both grossly under powered. The pierce cluster is not worthwhile because it does nothing for single target and the pierce gem alone is good enough for clear speed. 3 points is a lot of dps for a end game build.

Video of the build in action - 2.6 - 31,000 LA dps with full buffs using a storm cloud bow.
https://youtu.be/5Ig_TxlMAbs

Level 84:
Spoiler

4100 life
60k LA dps with full buffs and flasks

Level 88:
4300 health
91000 LA dps with full buffs + flasks + vaal haste
Spoiler
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 8, 2017, 12:41:24 PM