[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

can you please explain to me the math behind the bows a little bit mate?

i understand the deaths opus being better for barrage because of added projectiles, thats simple enough

but i dont understand how all of these different bows compare in terms of dps, with some being purely physical and others being elemental, dont they need to be of a certain type to synergise with gems and passives tree?

one thing i noticed was opus had significantly lower dps than any of the other bows on poe.trade, by a big margin, opus being 200dps, and other bows being well over 300.

can you please explain why you opus is so good for this build?

i just want to hit 100 for the first time and im not sure which bow to invest in for that.

tyvm
"
rossidis wrote:
can you please explain to me the math behind the bows a little bit mate?

i understand the deaths opus being better for barrage because of added projectiles, thats simple enough

but i dont understand how all of these different bows compare in terms of dps, with some being purely physical and others being elemental, dont they need to be of a certain type to synergise with gems and passives tree?

i just want to hit 100 for the first time and im not sure which bow to invest in for that.

tyvm

Path of building is a tool that lets you equip any item you want and it will spit out a numeric dps value that is 99% accurate to what is displayed in game.
I simply punched in the values for every bow I could think of and the output dps is what you will see in game. For the purposes of this build, only elemental or in special cases opus due to it's crit multi scaling all your damage are going to be optimal and cost effective.

A using P2l and a 360 exalt mirrored bow will output only marginally more dps than a death's opus - about 20-25% more final dps. Opus is simply the best and most cost effective option for this build. I found that when given too many choices, players will often be stressed and give up but given a single choice, they were much more likely to be accepting.

"
one thing i noticed was opus had significantly lower dps than any of the other bows on poe.trade, by a big margin, opus being 200dps, and other bows being well over 300.

Weapon dps != final dps if you factor in added projectiles, or special properties like crit strike or crit multi.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 3, 2017, 3:42:45 AM
thank you for your quick reply, time to save for opus.
Hey do you think you could produce a quick HC version of this passive tree?
im only 56 at the moment, but ive found that wrath and herald of ice are taking up almost all of my mana, whilst i am regening mana from hits, if i dont hit enough mobs i oom straight away

how have you been dealing with this?
Playing an Raider with your build in mind right now, works great. What are your thoughts on going Onslaught in the Ascendancy instead of Phasing?
Last edited by TheCimmerian on Jan 6, 2017, 9:27:00 AM
"
rossidis wrote:
im only 56 at the moment, but ive found that wrath and herald of ice are taking up almost all of my mana, whilst i am regening mana from hits, if i dont hit enough mobs i oom straight away

how have you been dealing with this?

I ran into that same problem. My solution for the time being was to drop Wrath and use Herald of Thunder. Obviously, this drops my dps a bit, but I no longer have problems with sustaining my attacks.

Other solutions are to get more mana leech or get some reduced mana reserved (or both).
Hello guys, noob here (first character!) seeking your help.
This is my gear at the moment.

My damage feels very lacklustre (24k LA and 13k barrage in hideout with golem, wrath and herald of ice), and I don't understand why.
What should I upgrade next and why?
I just started doing T12 maps and I'm starting to struggle... can't see myself doing anything near endgame content this way. Trash mobs are not a problem, but some bosses are and usually breaches just destroy me, to the point where I stopped opening them if I am in a high tier map, cause I'm gonna die 90% of the time. It feels like I don't do enough damage to kill things quickly and leech enough life to keep me alive.
Is the build just not very strong atm? Is it my gear? Should I just git gud?
I'm thinking respeccing HoWA if I can find a buyer for the bow, but I like this build a lot and I'd like to make it work, pls halp!
"
redrumdog wrote:
Hello guys, noob here (first character!) seeking your help.
This is my gear at the moment.

My damage feels very lacklustre (24k LA and 13k barrage in hideout with golem, wrath and herald of ice), and I don't understand why.
What should I upgrade next and why?
I just started doing T12 maps and I'm starting to struggle... can't see myself doing anything near endgame content this way. Trash mobs are not a problem, but some bosses are and usually breaches just destroy me, to the point where I stopped opening them if I am in a high tier map, cause I'm gonna die 90% of the time. It feels like I don't do enough damage to kill things quickly and leech enough life to keep me alive.
Is the build just not very strong atm? Is it my gear? Should I just git gud?
I'm thinking respeccing HoWA if I can find a buyer for the bow, but I like this build a lot and I'd like to make it work, pls halp!

Flask optimization #1 priority for you right now

Should not be Level 87 and using a white Divine Life Flask

This build is quite good, but really takes off once you have even basic flasks. You don't have to buy Vinktar (although it would be really nice) to start with, but just having a trio of Silver/Diamond/Atziri flask to start would upgrade your results a lot imo
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

Flask optimization #1 priority for you right now

Should not be Level 87 and using a white Divine Life Flask

This build is quite good, but really takes off once you have even basic flasks. You don't have to buy Vinktar (although it would be really nice) to start with, but just having a trio of Silver/Diamond/Atziri flask to start would upgrade your results a lot imo

Ok thanks, I'll definitely give that a try!
I saved that for last cause I'm not very good at the game yet, so more buttons to push are gonna mess me up for sure haha. Guess I'll have to learn.
About that...how are you supposed to use those flasks? Just pop em all at once during a boss fight/breach and go crazy?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info