[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DakloreNA/characters

I've worked from your guide mostly, and I'm working on this character here, Chiliad.

What do you think are the most important things that I need to replace/improve to bring the
build into endgame content? (Besides a few more levels, and finishing pantheon, and quality gems ... I'm thinking mostly most important gear upgrades.)

Thanks for your input.

1)You need to improve your flask affixes. Having a warding flask helps a lot as does a stauching that is on a util instead of life flask as does having an alchemist quicksilver. It does not take very much effort to do so and greatly improves your survivability/smoothness of your character.

2)Upgrade your gear in this sequence: Belt (get 16%+ reduced flask charges used), quiver(higher total dps affixes), amulet(every gear slot should have a high life roll if possible), soul band(higher life roll). Stark is a rather mediroce helmet. 100 life, 25 crit and 10 attack speed are really only about effectively 2.5 affixes where as rare gears can easily get 4 affixes at not too much cost (life and 3 resists or life + attributes + 2 resists).

3)Buy dying sun after all your gear slots are up to par. It will be a dramatic boost to clear speed and single target.

Finally, continue to grind to 90 or as high as reasonanly possible. Each level is a sizeable amount of free power. You should be able to reach level 90 doing nothing but t10 or lower maps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 21, 2018, 9:27:47 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

I've worked from your guide mostly, and I'm working on this character here, Chiliad.

What do you think are the most important things that I need to replace/improve to bring the
build into endgame content? (Besides a few more levels, and finishing pantheon, and quality gems ... I'm thinking mostly most important gear upgrades.)

Thanks for your input.

1)You need to improve your flask affixes. Having a warding flask helps a lot as does a stauching that is on a util instead of life flask as does having an alchemist quicksilver. It does not take very much effort to do so and greatly improves your survivability/smoothness of your character.

2)Upgrade your gear in this sequence: Belt (get 16%+ reduced flask charges used), quiver(higher total dps affixes), amulet(every gear slot should have a high life roll if possible), soul band(higher life roll). Stark is a rather mediroce helmet. 100 life, 25 crit and 10 attack speed are really only about effectively 2.5 affixes where as rare gears can easily get 4 affixes at not too much cost (life and 3 resists or life + attributes + 2 resists).

3)Buy dying sun after all your gear slots are up to par. It will be a dramatic boost to clear speed and single target.

Finally, continue to grind to 90 or as high as reasonanly possible. Each level is a sizeable amount of free power. You should be able to reach level 90 doing nothing but t10 or lower maps.

Awesome! Thank you for that advice! I did actually have a couple of other questions. +1 barrage devotos are super cheap. Worth it for the enchant, or is it just a garbage helm for the build in general? I saw that you had a detonate trap shaper helm in your 3.1 gear list. Was this just because it had good stats, or does detonate trap have some sort of interaction with something else you're using?
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

Thanks for your input.

Awesome! Thank you for that advice! I did actually have a couple of other questions. +1 barrage devotos are super cheap. Worth it for the enchant, or is it just a garbage helm for the build in general? I saw that you had a detonate trap shaper helm in your 3.1 gear list. Was this just because it had good stats, or does detonate trap have some sort of interaction with something else you're using?

You can go with barrage devoto but you will be losing a substantial amount of life in the end, in return you get 20 movespeed and the barrage enchant. You should only worry about this after dying sun.

Donate trap has no use, in fact, it was a huge annoyance as it turned frost bomb into a mine. I rerolled it after a while.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 21, 2018, 11:09:36 PM
I'm almost done with saving up currency and getting items needed for this build. What do you think about my items? And what should i look for in my rings (flat lightning damage w/ hp)?

I will not be using the belt and lightpoacher but the jewels i intend to put into the build are embedded inside.

"
PL4Ymate wrote:
I'm almost done with saving up currency and getting items needed for this build. What do you think about my items? And what should i look for in my rings (flat lightning damage w/ hp)?

I will not be using the belt and lightpoacher but the jewels i intend to put into the build are embedded inside.

I'd recommend getting a much better amulet (with life and multi) but you should have no issue getting to level 90 smoothly with this set. Remember to use one jewel with blind and hit and well rolled flasks.
Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply! Would accuracy be an issue on this build? Would i need to get T1 accuracy rolls on both my rings to be effectively hitting targets?
"
PL4Ymate wrote:
Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply! Would accuracy be an issue on this build? Would i need to get T1 accuracy rolls on both my rings to be effectively hitting targets?

You'll want around 600 total combined from gear (any slot is fine but quiver is the ideal place for it). You can make do with less but it will cost you precious passive points put into accu passives.
Neph you're awesome with quick replies!

Another one about the life leech I asked a few days ago - do you need a certain DPS threshold before the extra life leech nodes become ineffective? I respecced out of them and then back in and did notice, what I thought, a pretty significant difference in leech rate. I don't even have lvl 20 gems yet and only lvl 85 so wondered if dps was a factor?

Also I'd ask for your opinion on my gear but dunno how to link it here :(
"
Biggilus wrote:
Neph you're awesome with quick replies!

Another one about the life leech I asked a few days ago - do you need a certain DPS threshold before the extra life leech nodes become ineffective? I respecced out of them and then back in and did notice, what I thought, a pretty significant difference in leech rate. I don't even have lvl 20 gems yet and only lvl 85 so wondered if dps was a factor?

Also I'd ask for your opinion on my gear but dunno how to link it here :(

You might be confusing the concepts of leech. Vitality void will raise the maximum amount of life leech per second so this will always have a positive effect. The two nodes following up to it will not.

Taking vitality void raises my leech per second to 2965, without them I have 2578. I can not justify the 386 life per second for 3 passive nodes.

PoB can tell you if the added leech nodes will contribute to leech amount. This will vary by dps but if you feel having the added 1-3 leech nodes is helping then by all means take them for now. It is also based on barrage at full burst dps ( all flask active and all frenzy charges) but even if I have barrage on a 1 link and no frenzy charges I am still maxed leech with just blood drinker.

Your profile is private so I could not say with certainty either ways.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 22, 2018, 6:36:53 PM
Hey man,

The build is really fun to play.
I always loved ranged character classes on arpg/mmorpg games, but on path of exile, ranger seems alot in disvantage when compared to others (when thinking about survivability). You depend on the RNG of your dodge/evasion and it looks broken lol

While clearing map nothing can stop you, because you hit from distance and you one hit almost everything, but once you get to the boss arena (and you don't have any investment in LUCK haha), you will be one shoted.

I managed to clear T15 maps in turbo mode, but then i tried uber atziri and got raped. Tried minotaur and got raped. My life pool goes down too fast, and it seems i cant regen back in time for the second hit (that will almost 100% hit, even with high dodge/evasion investment).

I'm not saying the build is weak, no. It is extremelly powerful, but maybe some builds aren't for everyone. You must know a lot of mechanics to play as ranger. You have to take fast decisions.

Anyways, this build is kinda diferent. I like it. And since i don't care for ubers and shaper, I will keep investing on it.

This is my gear. I switched added cold for added lightning on barrage setup, and I'm using a "15% lightning damage penetration while affected by Wrath" watcher's eye. Is it ok or it's better with the added cold + good dmg and life roll abyss jewel instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info