[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

"
dotlegend5 wrote:
Hey! sweet build, reached lvl 90 and I'm pretty happy with how the build is going. I'll soon enough get a Dying Sun, might farm some shapers soon. I was wondering, and I'm sorry if you've already been asked about it, what do you think about the new shaper/elder quivers that add an additional arrow?

Those would be exceptionally good for this build but I did not include or mention them simply because they would likely be too rare or expensive and there would be a high chance players would attempt to get a +1 or +2 arrow quiver with little or no other good stats and be left broke and only with marginally more dps than an alternative at .1% of the cost. Luckily PoB exists so you can check how much those extra arrows give.

Similar, a shaper rare amulet with maximum life leech rate is exceptionally good for this build (acts as a vitality void without the point investment effectively netting you 3 passives) but its unrealistic to expect players to be able to afford or obtain one. You can push this build even further than what I've shown here but the price investment becomes exponentially high at that point.

I did not spend more than 50c on any of final rares I used and some were as low as 10C or self found. Spending 10 exalts for 6% dps gain is not worthwhile unless you are drowning in exalts.

"
KilerAgent wrote:
Great build Nephalim. I hope you don't mind if I ask something.

What if I would use Tombfist, LightPoacher and Bubonic Trail. What would be my gem choices, factoring in each of the items has 2x abyssal sockets. We take HoI, Wrath, ice golem, Blink arrow, but what else I should take? Or this path is not worth going due to stats that we would lose. Could you advice please?

This is not a good path because you are giving up to much life in order to be a glass cannon - it could work if you have best in slot generic jewels (8 bow attack speed, 7 life, 10 all resists, 12 multi) since the scaling from flat sources would still to wind down at that many abyssal sockets. At the very highest gear level, the build will already crush shaper and additional dps past this point t the cost of life is somewhat self defeating unless you need to make 3:45 minute shapers into 3:38 minute shapers. Additional stats (dps) is meaningless unless it produces a tangible result in map or boss clear speed.

1. LA + GMP + WED + pierce + ICS + mirage archer
2. Barrage + WED + ele focus + ice bite + slower projectile + added cold
3. culling + ice golem
4. Vaal haste + wrath
5. Herald of ice + blink arrow
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 9, 2018, 12:10:10 PM
Well thanks for the reply. Could you take a quick look at my gear? I know I could upgrade some of my jewels and rings, but capping my resists has been a bitch this time around. I'm open to advice.
"
dotlegend5 wrote:
Well thanks for the reply. Could you take a quick look at my gear? I know I could upgrade some of my jewels and rings, but capping my resists has been a bitch this time around. I'm open to advice.
You should try to get 30 movespeed boots and diversify your jewels to have 6-8% attack speed if crit recently as stacking so much flat elemental damage will start to diminish in power after a certain threshold. I don't see any glaring weakness in terms of gear otherwise besides lack of reduced flask charges in belt.

Subbing out the onslaught flask for the jade flask + onslaught jewel is a very clever idea though. You should be using an alchemist QS and a flask with the warding suffix.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 9, 2018, 4:33:26 PM
Hello everyone! Around what pdps and crit of harbinger bow is needed to beat chinsol for this build? Thanks!
"
joshuadayne wrote:
Hello everyone! Around what pdps and crit of harbinger bow is needed to beat chinsol for this build? Thanks!

Not even a 609.5 pds perfect bis harbinger will beat chinsol for this build at close range. (28% less dps)

You need a different build entirely to make use of a harbinger bow.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 9, 2018, 5:08:00 PM
up,. nice build
So do you use Death's Opus for clearing trash mobs, and X swap into Chin Sol for bosses / yellows?

Cause at the moment, I need Chin Sol to kill yellows quicker.

Both my Death's Opus, and Chin Sol have the correct links / colors for my Barrage.
"
BlueTank wrote:
So do you use Death's Opus for clearing trash mobs, and X swap into Chin Sol for bosses / yellows?

Cause at the moment, I need Chin Sol to kill yellows quicker.

Both my Death's Opus, and Chin Sol have the correct links / colors for my Barrage.

I use chin sol for both. I really hate the concept of weapon swapping unless it produces a tremendous advantage( koam's heart for example) but more power to you if you can manage it.

Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 9, 2018, 10:01:01 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply, really enjoying this build. After so many years of playing I can safely say this is my favorite bow related build. Keep up the good work!

Was hoping someone could help me out. Tooltip says I currently have 1.2m barrage damage with flasks up and 140k with LA...how can I improve this to make it 2m+ like the rest of you
Last edited by strongy3 on Jan 10, 2018, 7:24:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info